Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

While I'm On A Roll..

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:09 - 23 Jun 2006    Post subject: While I'm On A Roll.. Reply with quote

Someone should put this sad sack of crap out of his misery:

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5105328.stm

preferably with a nickel-jacketed Anadin.

Jamie.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:21 - 23 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but thats pretty sad, I bet hes a vegan or something

tatters
Exxon Valdez

PostPosted: 23:59 - 23 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bollocks to the African Holocaust Rolling Eyes many more of our european ancestors were slaves for thosands of years long before they were used.
Past:NRG50,AF1125(x2),NSR125RR,ZZR250,CX500,VFR400,KR1S,ZZR600(x2),CB400N,YZF1000(x2),KH125,Z200,FX400R,CBR954RR(x2)GPZ500S,GT550,VFR750F(x2),RD350N,XR650R,CBR600F,CB250,KDX250,YZF750R,CRM250,400EXC,KLR650,TTR600RE,DR350S,R100GSPD,RGV250,VMAX1200,DL650,KZ750 Present:G650XC,C12,CRF450X,1190ADV
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 10:09 - 24 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wipe them out.

All of them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

strawberry
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 11:34 - 24 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Jamie- wrote:
Sorry but thats pretty sad, I bet hes a vegan or something

Hey, as a vegan I don't want to claim him in my group - probably a lacto-ovo-vegetarian anyway > < Or, worse still, one of those ones who claim to be a veggie but eat fish and even chicken Shocked

On topic, why do people feel the need to apologise for the actions of their ancesters exactly? Acknowledging that you would not personally take such actions now I can understand but beyond that seems counter-productive; stop being a guilt-ridden doormat and actually try to do something positive...

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 15:45 - 24 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i dont think there is anything wrong with a guy being embarassed and appologetic about what his ancestors got up to. I think its nice that he wants to highlight the selfish cruelty done with ships with christain names by supposedly respectable citizens of this country.

I'd agree with tatters tho that hundreds of years ago peasants in this country were little more than slaves belonging to their lord and master.

Jubal
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 16:04 - 24 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trouble is though that these people wringing their hands with guilt and self loathing judge the acts of our ancestors with todays values.
Look at what prevailed at the time-
You could be hung for stealing a loaf of bread, or even impersonation of a Greenwich pensioner, transported in slaver-like ships to Aus for what would now be a minor offence, imprisoned in shocking conditions for being in debt.
Or if you were a six year old child you could be working down the mines or get mangled up in mill machinery whilst working a 12 hour shift after school, but that's assuming your parents were still around, if not it was the workhouse.
All this still happened way after slavery was abolished, so who had it worse, slaves or slaves in all but name?
Do the descendants of mine and mill owners feel similarly guilty I wonder?.............I think not!
Dragging up "Slavery" all the time is just a bull shit excuse, nothing more.

Last edited by Jubal on 16:39 - 24 Jun 2006; edited 1 time in total

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:36 - 24 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

colin1 wrote:
well i dont think there is anything wrong with a guy being embarassed and appologetic about what his ancestors got up to.

Yes, but you're an idiot so I fully expect you to act as a cheerleader for your compadres at the shallow end of the gene pool.

tatters
Exxon Valdez

PostPosted: 23:54 - 24 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

colin1 wrote:

I'd agree with tatters tho that hundreds of years ago peasants in this country were little more than slaves belonging to their lord and master.

Thats nothing when you think about the millions of slaves that were used by all the ancient civilzations the egyption/greek/roman etc in fact one of the downfalls of the western roman empire was that it relyed so heavly on slave labour, most of the great industral technologies like the cotton mill and printing press were delvoped after europe was sweped with plague in medieval times, new methods were forced to be delvoped as most the the working peasants class that did the prevouis labour instensive work had been wiped out so there was a need to do the same old work like making clothes but using less people.

Saudi arabia only stopped using slaves in the 1960,s and theres still a few Islamic african countries that still use slaves. Exclamation
Past:NRG50,AF1125(x2),NSR125RR,ZZR250,CX500,VFR400,KR1S,ZZR600(x2),CB400N,YZF1000(x2),KH125,Z200,FX400R,CBR954RR(x2)GPZ500S,GT550,VFR750F(x2),RD350N,XR650R,CBR600F,CB250,KDX250,YZF750R,CRM250,400EXC,KLR650,TTR600RE,DR350S,R100GSPD,RGV250,VMAX1200,DL650,KZ750 Present:G650XC,C12,CRF450X,1190ADV

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 01:03 - 25 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah id go along with that
the post from tatters, not bazza obviously Smile

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 18:53 - 25 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing that's constantly ignored, and gains only a brief mention in the original article, is that the vast majority of black slaves were sold by their countrymen - rather than rounded up by Whitey.

Personally, I think the Royal Navy expunged much of the wrong that we did as a nation, by effectively wiping out the international slave trade single handedly.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 354 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1