Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

which are good 125 supermotos crossers?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
 Topic moved: from General Bike Chat to Offroad & Supermoto by Korn (26 Jul 2006 - 19:27)
View previous topic : View next topic  

lee125
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:37 - 20 Jul 2006    Post subject: which are good 125 supermotos crossers? Reply with quote

hi ok well im thinking of selling the nsr soon and get a crosser style bike i will have about £600 well £700 max so i know im not gonna get a spanking new one but im not really bothered but anyway which are good cornering acceleration mpg all that sort of stuff my favorite crosser style is the dtr but is there any better ones and what supermotos are good as i quite like them aswell any help would be great thanks Thumbs Up Karma
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mrtEE
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:39 - 20 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

.....and breathe.

Very Happy

Hotdog
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 14:42 - 20 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save your money until you have passed your test.

It's better spent on a bigger bike than on another 125.

125s are nearly always overpriced.

Buy an XT350 or a DR350 and ride it on an A2 licence.

Hotdog.

lee125
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:52 - 20 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah im going to do my a2 liscence in a couple of months but i dont really want the nsr anymore so want to get a crosser just for the summer Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MRX Steve
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 15:26 - 20 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest i think will struggle to find a road legal dt-r for £700, even the older ones seem to sell for around £1000
You should look out for the KMX125, good trail bike and can get older ones cheaper than the DTs
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KAWASAKI-KMX125-1999-T-BLACK-AND-GREEN-TAX-AND-MOT_W0QQitemZ170007903489QQihZ007QQcategoryZ9807QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hotdog
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 15:45 - 20 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

lee125 wrote:
yeah im going to do my a2 liscence in a couple of months but i dont really want the nsr anymore so want to get a crosser just for the summer Thumbs Up

Don't waste your money on another 125 that will probably blow up anyway.

Hotdog.

lee125
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:31 - 20 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i just want a crosser for know cause im only working part time as im at college and wont be able to get a big bike straight away after my test so just want something for 6 months even a non-runner if anyone has one as i could probably get one cheap Thumbs Up

Hotdog
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 16:46 - 20 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

lee125 wrote:
well i just want a crosser for know cause im only working part time as im at college and wont be able to get a big bike straight away after my test so just want something for 6 months even a non-runner if anyone has one as i could probably get one cheap Thumbs Up

My point was...you could get a decent DR350 or XT350 for £700.

Both of these bikes are well below the 33 hp limit and would be much more reliable and more fun than a 2 stroke 125 'crosser'.

Selling your 125 might even cover the insurance.

Hotdog.

mad4it028
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:48 - 20 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree totaly with hotdog
how ever if you really insist on another 125 ide go for a kdx 125 and kit it out with kx exhaust and graphics
as for a 125 supermoto and decent not sure they belong in the same sentance

Kaben
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:46 - 21 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

MZ SM125

Absolutely excellent bike, looks great and is well built.Seat is quite comfy too actually.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:08 - 21 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

lee125 wrote:

You will be getting a bike that is a worse road bike than your NS.

If you are planning to do lots of off roading, then it may make sense. If you're not, then I wouldn't bother, personally.

mad4it028
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:42 - 22 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
lee125 wrote:

You will be getting a bike that is a worse road bike than your NS.

If you are planning to do lots of off roading, then it may make sense. If you're not, then I wouldn't bother, personally.

wow how can you say that i guess youve never riden a supermoto?
try keeping up with one through the twistys

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:13 - 23 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 125cc supermoto isn't going to any faster than an NSR125. Your supermoto argument is completely invalid at 125cc sized machines.

Lee, what are you doing mate? You have done a really nice job of getting that NSR looking good, and it's a cracking and smart first bike too! Why don't you wana keep it anyway? and What makes you think a 125cc Trailbike will be better?

BTW, for that budget, you can forget about a supermoto, as you won't get even a very tatty one for that kind of cash.

lee125
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:38 - 23 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive got the supermoto thing out of my head now but i was wanting a crosser as i think it would be more fun even though there slower but now im thinking of keeping the nsr now seems it should be quite reliable seems its just had a top end rebuild and im only going to be using castrol tts 2 stroke oil so i think im going to keep it thanks for all the help anyway Thumbs Up

lilredmachine
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:51 - 23 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, the MZ looks good Kaben, do i spy a new exhaust?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 283 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1