Necht 125

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

complementory...
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 15:46 - 21 Aug 2006    Post subject: Necht 125 Reply with quote

Hi guys,
im looking for a cheap 125 and ive seen this https://www.dirtriders.co.uk/125cc-trials-bike.asp for sale locally.
does anyone have any experience with this bike?
is it based on a honda?
thank you

T1z3R
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:05 - 21 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

it looks like a very cheap copy from china and will likely be plagued with build quality issues.

xxxrated
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 16:26 - 21 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can get them off ebay a bit cheaper:

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LIFAN-GY125-3-BRAND-NEW-06-REG-ROAD-LEGAL-TRIALS-ENDURO_W0QQitemZ230020257206QQihZ013QQcategoryZ424QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Apache-125cc-Road-Legal-Scrambler-Brand-New_W0QQitemZ130018098910QQihZ003QQcategoryZ424QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

but they will break alot, the engines arent actually to bad in them although the gearboxes are more than suspect. the main problem is every other part on the bike which will snap/rust/fall off on a daily basis.

buy a second hand kmx/dt for peanuts which are twice as fast and 10X more durable

complementory...
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 20:40 - 21 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
buy a second hand kmx/dt for peanuts which are twice as fast and 10X more durable

when you say peanuts how much do you think i should be expecting to pay for a decent one? they seem to be selling for a bit more than i expected in my area, i don't know if its me being stingy or impatient though!
Laughing

xxxrated
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 20:53 - 21 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive known 2 people that have sold absolutely mint 2000/2001 model dtr's in the past month for £1000ish.
for £800-£1000 personally id expect a 98-00 model in good condition, mileage wise id say over 15,000 is excessive although if its had a recent rebuild it wont be as bad.
finding the right bike is just a case of being persistant. keep on top of your local free-ads, bike forums, bike trader and even ebay and even if you had to travel a bit further than youd have liked surely making 1 longer trip to get a better bike cheaper is better than paying more for 1 local

complementory...
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 14:19 - 22 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent thank you for the help everyone

cyberglass
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:02 - 07 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have one of those gy125s at first i loved it and would and did defend the quality from all who slated it

BUT now ive had it 6 months the trip meter has jacked in . The swing arms pitted and has started to rust . The plastic fairing mounting brackets keep snapping off and now the fuse has blown which is cleverlly housed under the fuel tank so need striping down to change it Sad and the handlebar rubber mountings have perished ???

i also found a piece of weld on the floor dunno where it came from or what it does but i know it dont do it any more Shocked

GET A DTR i wish i did

And before any one says i told you so blehh i dont care im going to bed Mr. Green

eddclarke
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 16:36 - 12 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyberglass wrote:
i have one of those gy125s at first i loved it and would and did defend the quality from all who slated it

BUT now ive had it 6 months the trip meter has jacked in . The swing arms pitted and has started to rust . The plastic fairing mounting brackets keep snapping off and now the fuse has blown which is cleverlly housed under the fuel tank so need striping down to change it Sad and the handlebar rubber mountings have perished ???

i also found a piece of weld on the floor dunno where it came from or what it does but i know it dont do it any more Shocked

GET A DTR i wish i did

And before any one says i told you so blehh i dont care im going to bed Mr. Green

Yeah i got a GY125, loved it at first, then the swing arm rusted like crazy, the mirrors kept coming undone, the plastic mounting brackets broke off, the fuel tank had a leak, blew a few fuses, and now the generator has gone.
utter crap, avoid chinese imports at all cost
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:47 - 12 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped for a guy stopped at the side of a roundabout who was on a brand new chinese import 125. It had literally done about 300 miles. I asked him what was up and he said the rear wheel was making funny noises. Had a nosey about and it looked like the caliper pots were seizing up already. There was plenty of fluid in the rear cylinder, it was clearly just poorly put together. Rolling Eyes I wasn't about to tell him to trade a brand new bike in for an old DT, but he should have done. Mad

complementory...
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 10:23 - 16 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ive known 2 people that have sold absolutely mint 2000/2001 model dtr's in the past month for £1000ish.
for £800-£1000 personally id expect a 98-00 model in good condition, mileage wise id say over 15,000 is excessive although if its had a recent rebuild it wont be as bad.

when you say that, is that for a t&t bike?

ive finally found a kmx and it's 700 quid but its an h-reg!

ringybob
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 13:00 - 18 Sep 2006    Post subject: gy125 Reply with quote

i have one of these chinese imports now for just over a year and all i can say is what a load of shite they are after a few weeks of riding it all starts mirrors come loose rust appears, forks start rusting, bolts coming loose all over the bike, fuses pop, solenoid has shot it so now no electric start all fairing is now cracking due to the fact they have been taken off more times than my jacket , best of all the exhaust - enigne bolts snapping on the exhaust clamp the exhaust falling off weld splitting all across it now the newest part of the complaints is the engine itself now the casting are cracking so major oil leaks are starting
moral of this story

save your money and dont buy chinese unless its a meal
get yourself a decent bike and throw these in the nearest canal

----
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:44 - 29 Sep 2006    Post subject: Re: gy125 Reply with quote

ringybob wrote:
i have one of these chinese imports now for just over a year and all i can say is what a load of shite they are after a few weeks of riding it all starts mirrors come loose rust appears, forks start rusting, bolts coming loose all over the bike, fuses pop, solenoid has shot it so now no electric start all fairing is now cracking due to the fact they have been taken off more times than my jacket , best of all the exhaust - enigne bolts snapping on the exhaust clamp the exhaust falling off weld splitting all across it now the newest part of the complaints is the engine itself now the casting are cracking so major oil leaks are starting
moral of this story

save your money and dont buy chinese unless its a meal
get yourself a decent bike and throw these in the nearest canal

if your still after a bike m8 theres 1 near me honda xlr125 t reg he wants 450 quid for it
t&t

T1z3R
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:45 - 29 Sep 2006    Post subject: Re: gy125 Reply with quote

justmetoo125 wrote:
if your still after a bike m8 theres 1 near me honda xlr125 t reg he wants 450 quid for it
t&t

welcome to the forum Thumbs Up

you might want to let him know where near you is Exclamation

tribal_tiger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:00 - 29 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a Baimo. bought it with about 200 miles on the clock for under £800. I rode the nuts off that thing, it was always breaking something!

At the end i blew the head gasket on it, and sold it to a guy on here! (Don't worry, he knew what he was getting!) A few weeks later someone else off here bought it!

Apart from the gasket going, causing it to blow out all the oil the followin happened...

Side panels kept snapping
Front mud guard kept snapping
bulbs would last a MAX of 3 hours.
Exhaust studs sheared off! (Sounded like a Bi-plane!)
rear brake shoe snapped
seat release key lock thing fell off.
snapped the gear selector
clutch cable snapped
found the kill switch and the ignition both failed to stop the engine. Only was to stop it was to stall or put the choke on full.

As well as other things.

That said it always got me to work and back!
Edit/ BTW you can't get parts or anyone to work on it either!

All of it.

----
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:16 - 01 Oct 2006    Post subject: Re: gy125 Reply with quote

T1z3R wrote:
justmetoo125 wrote:
t&t

welcome to the forum Thumbs Up

you might want to let him know where near you is Exclamation

good point m8 i never noticed that im in newcastle northeast...
its still for sale if your interested...
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 223 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1