Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Half pint dirt bikes..

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

Simple
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:50 - 21 Apr 2007    Post subject: Half pint dirt bikes.. Reply with quote

I've had the full on enduro, it was tooimpractical to get trailered up to drive a mile to drop it off, to tootle about for a bit on firelds I wasn't allowed to destroy (working farm)...

Now however my parents have given up the farm, the livestock is sold and I have a huge playground and no dirt bike!!!

So a little version is the way to go, is there anything worth spending money on or are they all just going to break?

What about the thump*'s?

Thanks
Simple

Dischord
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:13 - 22 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHY does it have to be a small bike?

buy a CRF450 and fucking rip it up!!

Check out my vids - https://www.youtube.com/user/KTMSparky/videos

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 12:19 - 22 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're going to go for a cheap one, probably best to go second hand as you can get them for not much at all if you keep an eye out locally.

I still reckon a road registered full-size bike is worth the extra money and hassle though Smile.

Dazbo666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:39 - 22 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dischord wrote:
WHY does it have to be a small bike?
buy a CRF450 and fucking rip it up!!

Dischord, I like your style!!! Thumbs Up Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Simple
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:54 - 22 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been there and done it with a full size bike, it was too heavy to pick up when on my own, so I had to have someone with me.
I don't have a car license so had to have someone to drive me and the trailer. It's harder to store/gets in the way. It can't be left up the farm, there's no room and it would be gone in 10minutes like the last one...

Mini bikes are easier to possibly keep up the farm, easier to store at home, easier to lift over gates we've padlocked to stop chavvies letting stock or horses out onto major roads or into crops.
Its less distance to fall off
they're just as much fun at a lower speed than a 250 enduro.

You can round the sheep up with a mini bike, you cant with the full size it doesnt have the manouverability.

Problem is with local bikes.. they're all knicked and I wont buy something a shithead can't prove he owns...just fueling theft.

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 19:39 - 23 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

i reckon a 2 stroke motocross bike 90cc would be about right rather than a pit bike.

I sat on some at nec and they were a nice manageable size.

I didnt ride any tho.

Dont seem to be any on ebay tho, so they may be a bit hard to come by old enough to be cheap.

or maybe a ke100 like marjays, i think they are quite a bit smaller than modern dirt bike 125's.

they arent hard to come by

I have had a go on a honda c90 offroad, and they are great fun off road, very low seat. only problem is ground clearance

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:53 - 23 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good point. Plenty of CR80/CR85 or similar on ebay.

No problems with adult (and slightly smaller than Razz) sized people riding them and the suspension should be better set up etc.

They do have nastier service intervals, but this may be made up for by having better general reliability from a big-name brand and not too bad availability of parts.

Simple
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:09 - 23 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

The larger dirt bikes wont og in the audi/truck without a ramp and tie ropes n shizzle or even a trailer.

The pit bikes will.

The smaller bikes such as the pw 80's fetch stupid money

I'm waiting for the SuperStomp 140 X to have been out for a while, the previous model had engine mounting point failure when raced, the new 'X' has a different frame which rectifies this problem.

Dt125Phil
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 18:34 - 01 May 2007    Post subject: Pit bike Reply with quote

Hey there fella If ya looking for Pit bikes Suda are the way to go they come in a 125 and a 200cc and a Fantastic Me and my Uncle sell them both under a Grand My cousin has a 125 And performs well with her on it and also performs well with my 15 stone Tall uncle on Pick up only sorry Theas pit bike are the best hope tp get my sell one soon

Phil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Simple
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:45 - 01 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bougth a SuperStompe 140cc X with 12bhp and at only 65kilos.. that'll do for £400 delivered...

thanks anway mate mate <-- god I hatethat word..mate *cringes*

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 21:51 - 01 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pit bikes are good fun and light, but you won't be lifting it over any fences on your own I'll tell you that for certain!! I think you'd struggle to lift it into a pick up on your own too (unless you're strong) I can lift them into my van with no ramp, but think I'd struggle a bit onto a pick up and I'd have no chance getting it over a fence by myself... and these are decent pitbikes.... unless youve bought a small 2 stroke cheapy bike they might be a bit lighter..

just letting you know, don't expect it to be light as a feather to pick up (as in both wheels off floor, they easy to upright when fall off..)

Simple
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:58 - 01 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi sparks, I was admiring Skitch this afternoon on his new tango'd six....

anyway back ot; yes I dont expect to be able to pick it up myself, however I will be able to pick it up off the floor should I drop it and with the help of Pho or my dad get it in trucks and trailers easily. used to get the PW over fences between me and my mate when we were both 10 so think we'll be okay.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 364 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1