Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Off road experience days

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
 Topic moved: from General Bike Chat to Offroad & Supermoto by G (28 May 2007 - 08:19)
View previous topic : View next topic  

Jack_Cheese
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:50 - 28 May 2007    Post subject: Off road experience days Reply with quote

I've got a curious interest in thrashing someone else's bike around a dirt course, and i was wondering which experience day people would reccomend. I've heard nothing but good things about the CAS Honda day, but very little about the Yamaha day. Are there any others? What would you reccomend?

Jack
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 09:16 - 28 May 2007    Post subject: Re: Off road experience days Reply with quote

I wanted to do one of these until I actually got on a friends dirt bike and had a mess-around myself. Then got some enduro tyre for the spare wheels I had for my SM, then got meself a dirt bike for £350 (sold for £320 or so and kept some generic spares).

So, if you do know anybody with one, I'd be tempted to try and blag a go and a play yourself.

KTM also run days and see the place in wales posted about further down in this section.

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!

PostPosted: 11:29 - 28 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

:O you sold the CRM?!

There's one in wales that's got a thread in (now) this forum. £250 for a weekend IIRC, I'll most likely be buying places for my Dad and I for his birthday.

Gaz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 11:34 - 28 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope - that was the old KTM I used to have.

Still got the CRM and it's still overheating - you're welcome to borrow it if you make it work Razz as time's a bit limited at the mo Sad.

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!

PostPosted: 11:43 - 28 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phew, was gonna say I'd have the fecker for £320!

See how time goes over the summer, I'm moving back to essex for 2 months, so plenty of proddage time.

Gaz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

fredsredhat
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 14:51 - 28 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done the CAS honda day. Well worth every penny (i think i paid £195 ) theres 10 or so different bikes and an open track. jump on 1 bike, do a few laps, fall off a lot then come in and jump on a bike with an electric start Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

KatieMsidecar
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 19:04 - 28 May 2007    Post subject: Yamaha offroad experiences and independent trail riding Reply with quote

Yamaha have two different ones. Geraint Jones, Dylan and Wyn Hughes run the enduro based one www.yamaha-offroad-experience.co.uk in Mid Wales. You ride a fair distance, on Geraint's farm, in Hafren Forest and at Sweet Lamb, but it's all private land so no licence required. You cover about 50 miles, and it can be quite intensive - you get the best out of it if you are fit and/or have done a bit of offroad stuff before.

Barry Johnson runs the Yamaha motocross experience. He uses several venues around the country, one of which is the horrible chalky one near Shoreham-by-Sea, Sussex, which is either rock hard like concrete when dry or slimy when wet. A mx track is usually between 1 and 3 miles, so you go round and round lots of times, and it is knackering. However if you want to learn to jump and cope with ruts, it may be the one for you.

There are several smaller independent places that provide trail riding. They use public rights of way, so you need a licence. The day is not so intensive, and you cover between 60 and 90 miles a day, about half of which is tarmac (gives you a chance to recover from the tough stuff!)

Marianne
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 334 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1