Skyjet 125cc CBR replica bike

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:24 - 16 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr. kipling makes bikes????
Blue_SV650S wrote: it was a sh1te wheelie, but it proves that he can get it up in 3rd and can do angles. In summery, mattsprattuk is a gobby little sh1tebag, dopehead tw4t, but sadly for all of us, he probably isn't THAT full of sh1te!! Mr. Green
Kickstart wrote: Hi I tend to agree with Matt. All the best Keith

ilovensr
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 15:26 - 16 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

one comment about the bike;

it does look really good in the pictures... all those shinny lights and the plastic covers over the seats, it looks top... although then i saw the price and it says it all, 1200 for a new bike, the less you spend the less you are going to get, they spent too much time promoting the bike and not enough time on build quality

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:00 - 16 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

just buy an NSR Thumbs Up

Dragonfly
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:51 - 17 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont buy shit bikes! go for the real thing i am warning i got bit big time and am stuck with the shite lifan i cant get parts for and have thrown piles of money at it and its failed its first MOT due to a dodgy jap swing arm and jap lights that melt plastic with bulbs.

They look wonderful in a picture but your in for a world of hurt if you get one and expect any sort of performance and getting parts out of the stupid thing.

Forget it take alls advice in here and stick with proper bikes like Honda,Yamaha etc even if it looks naff at least iut will last longer,you can get parts, and people will buy it! no one will buy that skyline for the price you want and if they do they where as silly as you buying it.

DaveW
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 00:04 - 18 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudoza wrote:
thanks for all ur replies guys i decided not to buy one, and instead i'll go for a aprilia rs 125 2007 model. thanks

urs rudoza

He he, always the case, you start with a budget and always go above it, or your case doubling it and some!!! Thumbs Up

I looked at an RS125, then decided I would probably want more power. But do understand they need to be cared for and won't take abuse like the 4 strokes. But great bike!!! Enjoy!!! Treat it like new everyday until its warmed up and use good quality synthetic 2 stroke oil, this includes running it in properly as this will affect its longterm life.

PS not everyone drops their bike!!! Touch wood

DaveW
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 00:09 - 18 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

vector74 wrote:
lol
Quote:
false discs that chavs cover up the drum brakes on Novas
Please tell me people dont do that... that is the worst "modification" ive ever heard of Surprised

Yep, don't see them much now. The wheel trims with the 'built-in' drilled disc look have taken over. Very Happy And the spinning wheel trims.

And them tail pipes that have strips of metal in them to give a 'sporty' sound, but sounds more like a fat bloke farting in a pair of speedos!! Don't even start me on the LED tail pipes called 'afterburners' that light up.

DaveW
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 00:14 - 18 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

kawashima wrote:
What I'm curious is whether chinese bikes will acquire good quality some day or not.

They probably will, like the Japanese stuff has. But for now it mostly cheap copies, not all bad and maybe worth a punt if you want something cheap.
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 1 year, 350 days between these two posts...

danm
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 22:09 - 02 Jun 2009    Post subject: reply Reply with quote

I have that bike. It is amazing! It does 110 on a good day.

I know chinese bikes have a bad reputation, but until u own one then u dont know what the fuck ur talkin about.

I had a CBR 125 before this bike and i totalled it in the rain because it was a crap bike. This bike is 20 times better...

Ive owned more chinese bikes than any other type, and you lot are wrong. I would choose a chinese bike over a honda any day.
Middle Finger

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:14 - 02 Jun 2009    Post subject: Re: reply Reply with quote

danm wrote:
I have that bike. It is amazing! It does 110 on a good day.

I know chinese bikes have a bad reputation, but until u own one then u dont know what the fuck ur talkin about.

I had a CBR 125 before this bike and i totalled it in the rain because it was a crap bike. This bike is 20 times better...

Ive owned more chinese bikes than any other type, and you lot are wrong. I would choose a chinese bike over a honda any day.
Middle Finger

your obviously someone using a different username to try and make a ''funny thread''.

consider yourself ignored.
Blue_SV650S wrote: it was a sh1te wheelie, but it proves that he can get it up in 3rd and can do angles. In summery, mattsprattuk is a gobby little sh1tebag, dopehead tw4t, but sadly for all of us, he probably isn't THAT full of sh1te!! Mr. Green
Kickstart wrote: Hi I tend to agree with Matt. All the best Keith

wizzzard
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:01 - 02 Jun 2009    Post subject: Re: reply Reply with quote

danm wrote:
Troll like grunting noises

The scooterist's are back

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 23:30 - 02 Jun 2009    Post subject: Re: reply Reply with quote

danm wrote:

Most rediculious comment ever. Laughing

rubber toe
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 16:55 - 03 Jun 2009    Post subject: Re: reply Reply with quote

danm wrote:

Middle Finger

maybe if youd bought honda you wouldnt have had to have so many chinese
bikes, but what do I know haha

Mark65
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:31 - 03 Jun 2009    Post subject: Re: reply Reply with quote

rubber toe wrote:
danm wrote:

Middle Finger

maybe if youd bought honda you wouldnt have had to have so many chinese
bikes, but what do I know haha

lol

danm
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 15:51 - 04 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I've owned 6 bikes. 4 of which were Chinese. With honesty in mind, my Suzuki Hayabusa is by far the best one of the bunch, but when I was just getting into bikes, I owned a good few chinese ones and they never let me down...The only bad one was my 50 which was made by Longjia...so avoid that brand people...I wrecked that in the rain as well...as for the CBR, it slipped on a road marking on a roundabout and destroyed itself as well as my left leg...

Callum.C
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 17:03 - 04 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Yuan version of this bike (same bike diffrent stickers), From the first day I had it I bedded it in nice, never took it above 30mph and kept it at low revs, had first service at 500 miles and also re tightened everything. Everything is fine, inly thing to go wrong is the bulb which was £1.50 to fix.
All i can say is kept onto of the services and check everything is tight every over week.

Alchemise
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 19:05 - 04 Jun 2009    Post subject: CBR Reply with quote

Just so you know lads, I read this thread about a week ago; and because of it, I have a Honda CBR 125R parked in the drive Very Happy

https://i22.ebayimg.com/02/i/001/47/02/87d0_1.JPG

Its an '06 model and done 8000 miles, and still looks and rides nicely. My old ex bought a Skyjet 50cc scooter from new, and had to have several parts replaced within the first year. Nothing too major, but parts that really should lasted longer.

I wont say don't buy chinese bikes, but... bah get a CBR

BlackStallion
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 14:06 - 06 Jun 2009    Post subject: Re: reply Reply with quote

danm wrote:
I had a CBR 125 before this bike and i totalled it in the rain because it was a crap bike. This bike is 20 times better..

Just because you totalled the CBR, doesn't mean it was because the bike was crap. I bet you weren't even driving correctly, to fast, leaned out to much, but i bet you done something wrong.

As for saying the Skyjet is 20 times better than a CBR, that's pretty dam funny lmao, i don't no anyone who would say that unless they didn't even no what a bike was.

Chinese bikes just fail on people all the time, and if all of your bikes have been chinese and nothing has gone wrong, then your one man.

Just don't rely on them all the time, a problem will pop up one day, and i can promise that.

I'd say the worst chinese bike is the Kinroad XT50, they do the XT125 version too, but i don't no about that.

It's a whole load of junk that has problems sparking up every part of the dam bike.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

wizzzard
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:13 - 06 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

danm wrote:
Actually, I've owned 6 bikes. 4 of which were Chinese.

What he didnt mention was he went through all four chinese bikes within a week as they disintigrated through rust Laughing

Rntn
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 15:17 - 07 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw one of those CBR rip offs in a showroom the other day there about the same size as my push bike..

nightshaddow
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 20:09 - 08 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rntn wrote:
I saw one of those CBR rip offs in a showroom the other day there about the same size as my push bike..

i have the skyjet and i say one thing and one thing only, i hope you a mechanic cause they break, dont get me wrong they are exactly the same size as the cbr 125 and for the price they are ok mine has had a few faults but nothing majour and it has covered about 12000miles in the last year and a half,

but BIG BIG BUT

you have to keep on top of them i bought mine for £800 new unreg and it a 57 plate in the 2 years i have had it i spent maybe another £400 to keep it going (tyres chains sprockets) so next year i will cut it up and get a new one couse it wont be worth selling except for parts for yours
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 296 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2