Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Suzuki en-125 2A (A review from a newbie)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

weput
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 04:40 - 16 Jul 2007    Post subject: Suzuki en-125 2A (A review from a newbie) Reply with quote

Hello folks...

I finally found the time to post these words that i really want to say..

after checking the possibilities, i decided to buy my first bike using a new credit card a local bank offered me...

now.. .a little bit of my background.

besides a bicycle, i didn't ride anything that looks like a motorcycle before. Probably someone borrow me a scooter once to give a couple of laps around a parking lot... but by probably i mean i can't remember.

on the store the sales man does not ride!!! (remember... panama has no bike culture) and one of the guys from the spare parts department told me this:

if you know how to ride a bicycle... and you know how to drive a car with manual transmission....you can do it.
anyways, here in panama there is no CBT or any course like that so i got my guts and ride my bike for the first time...\

I remember i was stunned by the idea of my bike having only 12.5 hp.... I tough immediately that the power amount is ridiculus and i was going to get an upgrade as soon as i can (6 months to a year i was thinking)

i write this lines to those newbies that are arguing about starting with a 600 cc superbike.... my 12.5 hp 125cc have enough power to make me feel nervous.

the first time i started the engine and try to ride i pull the accelerator up to 5k rpm and the bike raise the front wheel... i almost used my ass as a landing train but luckily i managed to handle the 200 pounds (I ended with the hand bar on my hands standing in front of the bike with the headlight aiming to the sky)

one pizza delivery was passing by and help me out explaining how i should gently had to allow the clutch fade away bla bla bla... and gave me some tricks so if the bike turns off because the clutch release was too fast it won't be moving anywhere and stuff like that...

so i got the bike and start my first ride...
I practice a little bit on the parking lot stopping and starting and turning... and as soon as i feel comfortable (about 3 minutes of practice) i ride up to a residential area and spend like 10 minutes there practicing how to put the lights to turn and shit...

then i went to an old non transited highway and push the accelerator a bit.
i went up to 80km/h easily... To be honest i didn't cron myself but i felt the bike responded fast enough to make me feel nervous and cut the gas feed at 80 km/h.

I don't really have experience in other bikes so my review about this one is kinda the first impresion.

1. easy to ride. It felt like a bicycle with some weight... the height of the sit is comfortable and you can easily put your feet on the floor when needed... I've seen people riding bigger bikes that needs inclination to manage not to drop it when stopped.

2. powerful enough.
I know this is a matter of appreciation after all but at 80 km/h i felt that the bike was riding easy... and there was waaay more room to push it to higher speeds.
the speedometer marks 120 km/h as top speed so my guess is that it wasn't way room as i thought

3. reliability...
I can't say anything about this toppic... it is fucking brand new!

4. fuel economy.
this thing seems to run on fumes... I filled up the tank with 91 octanes gas (no idea what it used because the fuckers at the store didn't gave me a users manual... they gave me a service log book) and ride yesterday like 2 hours and today all day long and it still show up that is full. Suzuki said it may go up to 58 km/liter (219 km/gal ~136 miles /gal) and I'm starting to believe that...

well I'll leave this like that... I hope you guys enjoy all my bullshit...

i think i'm sticking to this bike for longer than a year since the performance is way better than expected.

weput
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 18:07 - 20 Jul 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update....

Let me say i take back that "powerful enough" statement...

I just drove a 600 machine (yamaha dirtbike... can't recall the model) and let me tell you that my bike output sucks!

Please note that since my engine is brand new i haven't push it over 8k rpms (you know... breaking in)
i'll update as soon as i get over 500km and push it a little bit.

Several people has told me that these little 125cc machines are capable of amazing things and try not to under estimate her potential.....

There are some mods that i'm planning to do on this little machine... including bigger jets on carb and shit like that to improve somehow the output a little bit.

I'll keep you guys posted.

stevekingchef
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 10:57 - 24 Jul 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

make sure you do!!!hows life in panama??would love to see it one day!!any how the 125 will last a while it will still hurt like hell coming off at 80kph!!just dont get over confident ok and then go bigger!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

weput
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 15:46 - 24 Jul 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your reply dude.

panama is going to be a paradise for you guys (english people) since we are in the tropic with a lot of sun. (or very heavy rain)

this weekend i took the time to ride away from the city... and push it a little... it drove smooth on 100km/h.... (didn't push it more because i didn't feel very comfortable at that speed) the bike felt like a lightweight dead trap; i mean... it stick good to the highway and handles ok... but i feel it need some more downforce...

besides, an old uncle told me that there's no worth to have a bigger bike here since the streets are not really smooth (holes and shit) and only very long trips will worth having a big bike to go a certain speeds... probably he is right.

after all this is not a sport bike... and over 80km/h the wind doesn't feel that good...

I'm thinking to add some fairings to it... who knows.
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 2 years, 294 days between these two posts...

salifou
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 10:50 - 14 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for this information weput

I am in Tunisia and it is difficult to find new motobikes to buy here.

I am thinking about buying a suzuki EN125-2A because it looks good and it is cheaper than the others.

Are you still happy with your moto ?

Do you advise me to buy it ?

Than you

Asharin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:44 - 14 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thread is 3 years old, the original poster hasn't posted for 2 years(ish) I doubt you'll get much of a reply from him Very Happy

Could be wrong though!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 13 years, 321 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1