Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

For a friends XR125...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 11:48 - 25 Jul 2007    Post subject: For a friends XR125... Reply with quote

He's just passed his CBT and wants to spend a little on some cosmetics. He rides a XR125, i think 2003 model.

He's didn't like the look of his XR 100%, so he's sprayed some parts.

What can he buy or do to the bike to make i look better?

I was thinking something to sortt he number plate, and possibly a headlight unit.

Links and names would be great!

Thanks Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:04 - 25 Jul 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Errr, not a large amount is the short answer. Easiest & best way to change is to use it offroad to get it muddy and scratched. Wink

For changing the headlight he could get one of the units from DirtBikeStore.com but be warned they can be very slow to deliver stuff so check if they've got stuff on stock before ordering otherwise it can take weeks for them to get hold of stuff.

For sorting the numberplate I assume you mean getting rid of the big black plastic bit that the plate attaches to. That thing just unbolts and you can then drill a couple of holes in the rear fender and bolt the plate there. It'll be quite horizontal then but you can cut wedge shaped out of the sides and then bend the fender so the angle of the plate is slightly more legit. Thumbs Up

SM.Morgan
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 23:18 - 25 Jul 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demon tweaks have loads of thinks for dirt/moto bikes, a new front fender?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

element
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:23 - 27 Jul 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dt...

https://w2.bikepics.com/pics/2007/07/16/bikepics-964576-full.jpg

https://w2.bikepics.com/pics/2007/07/16/bikepics-964573-full.jpg

And how it left the factory

https://www.motolagow.pl/enduro/DT125RE_pliki/DT125RE.jpg

All ive done is swap the front headlights (acerbis DHH), mudguard (UFO YZ), indicators, Renthal bars, Renthal grips and added a YZ alloy gear lever, homemade aluminum bashguard, Racetech hand guards, Bigone tail pipe, homemade numberplate bracket with slightly smaller numberplate and swapped the body panel bolts for stainless hex bolts Thumbs Up

derbi x-treme
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 15:11 - 28 Jul 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

that dt looks well good, it looks like a much bigger bike, how many times you been pulled over for the numberplate though lol

i reckon two mods that look good on basically all motorcross or supermoto bikes are this rear light and front mudguard, these are acerbis things but are sold by other companies. as you can see its only 50 euros for both items which is about £30

https://www.easyparts.nl/showarticles_info/0118380351/0-4-476-1055/199/Voorspatbord-Super-Motard-Universeel-Zwart.html

https://www.easyparts.nl/showarticles_info/0118541300/0-4-476-1055/199/Achterspatbord-Universeel-+-Achterlichtunit-Leds-Rood.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 09:15 - 30 Jul 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info guys....

In all honesty i think he's bought one of the hardest machines to mod, there isn't much for them. I fhe bought a DTR (which i recommended in the first place) he could buy all sorts of kit for it.

I went out with him at the weekend and he was gutted that my 1988 RXS100 was quicker and had more top end than his XR. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Alex A
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:43 - 31 Jul 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="element"]My dt...

https://w2.bikepics.com/pics/2007/07/16/bikepics-964576-full.jpg

https://w2.bikepics.com/pics/2007/07/16/bikepics-964573-full.jpg

I want one. Never used a 2 stroke bike. How often and how much oil do they require?

element
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:44 - 02 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ derbi x-treme.. I've never been pulled out on my own and I avoid police like the plaque. A matter of time though. Had no rear L for over a year now Rolling Eyes (yes i know im a twat but its only illegal when you get caught Wink )

@ Alex_A... A litre bottle of 2t oil lasts around about 4-5 tanks worth which is 60L of fuel / 750 miles. A bottle a month is about right. Just depends how you ride. Some people just pin the throttle Rolling Eyes Just wasting fuel and oil....

Also if you've only ever ridden 4t then your in for a shock.. You could say a 2t is like riding with a turbo. Sometimes when your cruising along at 6k you get this urge give the throttle a quick twist Mr. Green

lukamon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:05 - 02 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

indeed it is... no power no power no power allthepower no power no power Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 244 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1