Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Stolen Husqvarna CR430 Birmingham

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

huskyCR430
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 08:00 - 02 Aug 2007    Post subject: Stolen Husqvarna CR430 Birmingham Reply with quote

Hi

Had the bike nicked from my house last night.

It a quite rare 1988 Husqvarna CR430 enduro bike. White with a blue seat.

Its on a Q plate and I can supply a frame number. Can't be many of these old beasts left. Especially not in good running order!

If anybody gets offered one contact me or West Midlands Police.

I am fairly sure its locals who have had it because unless you knew the area you would never have been able to find a way into my back garden.

Its got a few distinctive features. It had the bore and stoke scratched onto the cylinder head from when I had it re-bored.

It also has a non-standard swing arm and the only way it could be fitted was to weld a bar onto one end of the wheel bolt.

If anybody sees one on Ebay for sale I'd like to know.

Cheers

John
The devil wanted a motocross bike so he went to Sweden and impressed upon the weak minded individuals at Husqvarna that they should produce one and call it a CR430. Unsurprisingly the CR430 has since tried to maim, seriously injure, or kill anybody who tries to ride it. Beware!

huskyCR430
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 14:10 - 02 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Some good news. I put posters in all the local bike shops offering a reward and the greedy little toe rags only turned up with it.

"oihhh mister this your bike wot got nicked? Does it run? Only we tried to start it but we couldn't so we brought it back".

Managed to get the plod to come out and apprehend said lads who of course insisted "they found it in a bush down the park".

So all that is wrong is the throttle cable has snapped and they have ripped the numberplate and headlight off it.

Nice one.

John
The devil wanted a motocross bike so he went to Sweden and impressed upon the weak minded individuals at Husqvarna that they should produce one and call it a CR430. Unsurprisingly the CR430 has since tried to maim, seriously injure, or kill anybody who tries to ride it. Beware!

Blink
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 11:56 - 04 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a bunch of cunts. Glad you got it back tho.

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 12:47 - 04 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

tricky one that, cos its possible that the theives had ditched it in the park and the other kids had found it

either way, glad u got it back

huskyCR430
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 18:20 - 04 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Yes but I am sure they are guilty of something Smile

I know its illegal for us to pick up stolen cars that have been abandoned with our recovery truck (you get done for nicking it basically!) so I assume its illegal too for kids to move a stolen bike from where they found it?

I guess the correct thing to do is to call the police and report and let them recover it (that costs £110! so I'm glad that did not happen).

But as it happens I am fairly sure they nicked it as they knew which house was mine and that it was my bike - despite the fact I never put my address on the posters.

But TBH I'm just really glad to get it back as I really thought I'd seen the last of it.

Cheers

John

-Elliot-
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 23:06 - 10 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

good for you getting it back
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

element
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:43 - 11 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wouldve gone apeshit... seems a bit dodgy to me Thumbs Up for getting it back tho. Not often it happens!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 256 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1