Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The new and future of sports bikes!?!?!?!?!?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Huambo81a
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 15:57 - 14 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i`m selling my sportsbike because i can no longer stand it. I`m lusting after a honking great heavy ass 2002 GSX1400, because the power is where i actually need it, so 90% of the time its a quicker bike anyway.

Plus, Sports bikes are becoming more and more unusable for people like me who do over 15000 miles a year. Possibly the only usable sports bike at the moment are the new Hondas which have struck the balance between power and actual comfort. The 2007 CBR600-RR is like a sofa compared to my 2003 ZX6R!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Shay HTFC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:06 - 14 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
0.5kg "claimed" weight off the bike's dry weight

Its actually cheaper to go for a massive shit in a 20p-a-go public toilet!

Dom_
Points Mean Prizes

PostPosted: 16:08 - 14 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, this thread reminded me of what i saw last night. Waiting at some lights a few bikes came past going the other way.

All brand new gsxrs.

One black
One blue
One yellow
One more blue
and a green zxr.

Bet they all went in holding hands and put the deposit down at the same time an everything. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Huambo81a
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 16:19 - 14 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dom_ wrote:
Haha, this thread reminded me of what i saw last night. Waiting at some lights a few bikes came past going the other way.

All brand new gsxrs.

One black
One blue
One yellow
One more blue
and a green zxr.

Bet they all went in holding hands and put the deposit down at the same time an everything. Laughing

Tbh i`d love a new GSXR1000, its at the forefront of biking technology, and i don`t care if it looks crap because looks mean little to me. I normaly go by the feel of the bike and the love for the looks comes later Smile Fact is i won`t get one because its too uncomfortable. I`m starting to hate my ZX6R, because anything less than 60mph is agony on my back and wrists, and it also makes me an impatient rider because i`m always trying to get past things.

Thats why i`m getting a GSX1400, simply because its the bext bike i have ever ridden. its the most comfortable with a kick ass engine.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:29 - 14 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bikes are becoming more and more like football shirts.

They change them slightly every year to get more money, then racially change it every other year so you fork out over the odds for the most up to date kit, sorry bike.

01dabreoo
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 18:36 - 14 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Italian bikes always look the best imo Very Happy
Need more italian 600-750s on the market Sad

tristan
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 19:07 - 14 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think out of all the 2007 jap sportsbikes, the GSXR k7 thou is by far the best looking. Not the best we know (K4 is ;p) but it's growing on me.

As I found out Smile ugly ass exhausts arebecause of all the emission euro 2/3 standards and sound etc.

craigs23
Mr Muscle

PostPosted: 19:30 - 14 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And pray tell, what is an NC30, Craig?

A scaled replica of the best bike ever made?

Beauty in the eye of the beholder and all that.

I'm a consumer, like pretty much anyone else here. I'd just like to be a little more excited and feel like buying a bike when I pop up to my local dealers everynow and again, because of how attainable they are these days, anyone can pretty much walk in, sign a few forms and buy one. But bikes seem to mundane these days that nothing really stands out.

Then I get all hot under the colour when I think I hear a distant V4, or that regular RC30 turns up at Bury Hill. Embarassed

Either that, or I enjoy personalising bikes too much. Everyone's got something that's off the shelf.

Blunet600
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 21:48 - 14 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just dont know whats going on, im 19, and im looking into the future thinking this is what i will be growing up seeing as the new era of sports bikes, and it sucks! they have seemed to become more pussy like (in appearance)
i.e the R6. The 2005 model compared to the new 2006 R6. The 05 model winds hands down! it looks 10x better. Its what i know sports bikes to be. The newer bikes just look empty without the side exhaust coming up higher.
I wouldnt mind a BMW GS one day.......

froggeh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:28 - 14 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I'm just weird. That 2nd R6 looks much nicer than the first IMO.

I really like the current CBR600
And I love my 2007 Hornet.

Oh well.

And that 'sportsbike' that ShaggyDA pictured... To me its possibly one of the foulest bikes I have seen in a while... :/

Sorry.

Damon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:11 - 15 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

froggeh wrote:
Maybe I'm just weird. That 2nd R6 looks much nicer than the first IMO.

I really like the current CBR600
And I love my 2007 Hornet.

Oh well.

And that 'sportsbike' that ShaggyDA pictured... To me its possibly one of the foulest bikes I have seen in a while... :/

Sorry.

yeah me too. I think that second R6 is much better. I wouldnt say no to either of them mind you

Torque05
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 01:46 - 15 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBH the new 10R looks amazing and i think the move away from underseat exhausts is more to do with motoGP and emissions rather than style. I quite like the CBR although its taken three reads of MCN to get used to.

The only new bike im waiting for is the Vmax which should easily obliterate the B-king in a straight line.

~Yamaha Vmax 1996~

Nath
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:02 - 15 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

craigs23 wrote:
Either that, or I enjoy personalising bikes too much. Everyone's got something that's off the shelf.

But most people's idea of 'personalizing' an 'off the shelf' bike is to buy parts off the shelf and bolt them on. To me this is even worse. At least people riding around on standard 'off the shelf' bikes are not under any illusions as to what they're riding.

I was looking through the RBZ the other day, and saw something which stuck in my mind the first time I saw it two years ago when I first was linked to the site. Basically, if you bought something off a shelf or out a catalogue, then it ain't custom. Rung a bell as I'm currently hardtailing my cb550/4 ratbike, and have spent many hours over the past couple of days working freehand with a 5" angle grinder to sculpt neat curves into the gusseting, without any measuring, marking, or templating. That's what I call customizing a bike, not bolting on random anodized tat.

craigs23
Mr Muscle

PostPosted: 08:04 - 15 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't implying that a quick flip through a Demon Tweaks catalogue implied the 'customisation' of one's bikes. More along the inspired 'obsession' bikes featured in PB.

Each to their own though.

froggeh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:49 - 15 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toby R wrote:
I wish people would produce more real world bikes...

I want a centrestand, I want good build quality, I want a good corrosion resistance finish... Fuck weight saving...

I don't really understand this statement.
The sports bikes are understandably going down this route... As they should...
There are plenty of non-sports bikes?

It's like wanting an MPV or an estate car, and bitching about how OTT hot-hatches are getting?

craigs23
Mr Muscle

PostPosted: 12:11 - 15 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's kinda like hoping that the biking industry would make the two wheeled equivalent to the Maclaren SLR?

Performance doesn't need to be compromised by track biased credentials.

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 15:02 - 15 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

anything new looks strange at first

some people only ever like the bikes from the era when they first got into bikes

froggeh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:15 - 02 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

craigs23 wrote:
It's kinda like hoping that the biking industry would make the two wheeled equivalent to the Maclaren SLR?

Performance doesn't need to be compromised by track biased credentials.

I do apologie for dragging up this thread, but I am just re-reading some replies... Smile

Now this one. Surely the biking industry already do JUST this with bikes such as the Busa, and ZZR1400 and the latest BMW which I forget the name of? Comfort with mega performace. I mean what the hell do people want? Bikes being massively less represented numbers wise than cars, are never gonna get the choice that you get on four wheels, but I think there's a pretty damn good selection regardless of what you want.

Sports bikes lead the way, but not by much over the Nakeds, the utilities, the adventures, the dual-purposes' , the SM's , the off-roads, the sports tourers... pick a category and there is a healthy choice. So if you want a Bike version of a comfy supercar, get a ZZR1400, if you want a Lotus Elise, get a CBR600, if you want a freelander, get a Tiger or GS, etc etc... Dive on in I say there is something for everyone, and why slag off any particular genre for trying to improve?

map
Mr Calendar

PostPosted: 22:28 - 02 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheShaggyDA wrote:
I think this is the last "sports" bike I liked the look of :-..

I'll take that and raise you a Brough Superior.
These new fangled thingies have nowhere for a gentleman to carry his swagger stick don't ya know.

Toodle Pip

Wink Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:27 - 02 Oct 2007    Post subject: Re: The new and future of sports bikes!?!?!?!?!? Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:

Maybe its a change for aerodynamics which is a huge factor abover 100mph, take all the fairings off a Busa and I bet it won't go more than 155

Bit of a bummer only being able to do 155mph down the M1 eh? Smile

Mark

Ben.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:38 - 02 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

me thinks sports bikes peaked about 2 - 5 years ago, now i prefer the sport naked bikes, like this beauty
https://www.morini-riders-club.com/thebikes/photos/Corsaro/Corsaro%20Veloce.jpg
https://www.wallhits.com/data/media/15/Benelli%20Tornado%20Naked%20Tre%20SPORT%202006%2001_1280x960.jpg

or street fighters

https://www.soulreavers-mf.de/images/bikes/streetfighter_andy.jpg

binge
Emo Kiddy

PostPosted: 23:48 - 02 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

New bikes look fine. its just the exhausts that let them all down! Big ugly squared off boxes!

Thank Fuck for Race cans! Cool

SoND
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:15 - 03 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new sports bikes are fine, they're practically race bikes, used for racing all over the world. Don't like it? Then don't go for such a focused bike. I like the way that balls-out performance is readily available and isn't limited to the professionals.

Quote:

B-King? Wink

TUG
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:19 - 03 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

half_lyfe wrote:

italian bikes look good but there deliacte and need to be well looked after. that streetfighters seat is cool Thumbs Up

quacker_boy
Cuddle Bitch

PostPosted: 07:29 - 03 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

half_lyfe's signature wrote:
All hail G the almighty, for he knows all.

Dude.

If G's cock was any further down your throat, it'd be poking out your arse.

Wink
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 210 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3