Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

sitting or standing?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

Hunnibeast
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 20:21 - 31 Oct 2007    Post subject: sitting or standing? Reply with quote

i know this may sound like a complete novice question......

but when actually are you supposed to be standing up or sitting down when enduro riding, beacause im constantly swaping between the 2 when riding but not always sure if im actually doing it at the right time!!!!!!!

does it make much of a difference in different situations?

Thumbs Up

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 20:39 - 31 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess would be, when the going is smooth you can sit down. When its particularly bumpy, stand with the arms relaxed. This helps to absorb the worst of it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hunnibeast
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 20:42 - 31 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers Very Happy

i was also wandering about what if you are going along ruts, or if you hit slippy rutted parts whether it would be best to sit or stand?

cheers

garyd
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 20:43 - 31 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stand constantly,its to do with weight shift and balance,moving body over rear or front as needed,see how many miles you can do before taking a dab,falling off,or sitting!!it looks a long way down at first but its THE only way to stop from being on yer arse in the mud all the time,good luck Wink Very Happy

Hunnibeast
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 21:00 - 31 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice one yeh i'll try that next day out! also i have also found myself just poodling along and when i hit trouble i can't help my self but dab! do you think this is because i need more speed?

mind you last time i tried more speed my front wheel jumped out of one rut into the next which made my rear wheel overtake throwing me off quite spectacular it was! Very Happy

any advice?

70m1
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 18:47 - 01 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually on normal ground sitting down is a heck of a lot more stable and standing sud only b used 4 hills and bumps!

garyd
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 19:25 - 01 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

70m1,the guy is riding trails and greenlanes ,neither of these are "normal ground"or predictable,its the same theory as trials riding although you do go quicker,Hunni ,dont start attacking things at speed ,it will hurt ,select the correct gear and make sure you turned the idle up more than "on road"so you can effectively ride on a shut throttle in 2nd/3rd just concentrating on looking where your going and steering ,it aint a race ,its a trail ride ive had mine 20 months ,fell off twice ...i am not a trail god just speed sensible and have balance,as for the how far before a dab........22 miles,if your Nottm way your more than welcome ,but its quiet bike and no pratting about,good luck Thumbs Up :)we are on about actually riding a bike not just sitting or standing banging these keyboards arent we? Laughing Laughing

Hunnibeast
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 21:10 - 01 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers for that mate, i would love to its just i come from hampshire bit of a way to go!!!! Thumbs Up and yeh we are talking about actually riding not just sitting or standing. i always prefer to take it easy anyway just enjoy the ride Smile i only sped up cos i thought id try a new approach at my riding (plus a boost in confidence after lunch, thinkin i was all that Laughing )

cheers peeps!

p.s. theres nothing more annoying then people pissing around on trail rides either really pisses me off!!

element
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:16 - 01 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only sit down when my legs get tired or when im cornering with my foot out Very Happy
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 179 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1