Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Is there a 50cc motorbike .............

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:32 - 24 Nov 2007    Post subject: Is there a 50cc motorbike ............. Reply with quote

anyone can recommend as opposed to a 'twist & go' scooter.

I ask because my daughter is soon to turn 16 and can already ride a 125 off the road so she wants a motorbike rather than a scooter type thingy!

Is there any such beast as a modern FS1-E?

I have absolutely no idea of what is available today in the 50cc range so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Charlie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:33 - 24 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on what style she wants. Two main style 50cc geared bikes, race reps and supermoto's.

Steve-D
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:40 - 24 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically everyone gets 50cc supermoto's
Mainly Derbi Senda's, Gilera Smt, MotoHispania MHSV and aprilla rx 50. Thats at my college, theres only 2 50 sports bikes and they dont sound nice and are slow, rest are peds. And me with my old FS1E kinda stands out.

Charlie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:27 - 24 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derbi Gpr 50 nude (not a race rep but a damn nice naked bike)
Derbi gpr 50
Aprilia Rs50

The only race reps I can think of at the moment Rolling Eyes

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:30 - 24 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same as mine but a 50cc

https://www.fun4kids2play.com/ekmps/shops/funkidsplay/images/oneten2%5Bekm%5D285x240%5Bekm%5D.jpg

TYPE OF ENGINE: 49cc,4-stroke,OHC,1 cylinder
BORE AND STROKE(mm): 39*41.4
COMPRESSION RATIO: 9.0:1
COOLING: air
IGNITION: CDI
TRANSMISSION: 4 speed,manual clutch
FINAL DRIVE: chain
STARTING SYSTEM: electric&kick
SUSPENSION/FRONT: spring&oil
SUSPENSION/REAR: spring&oil or double shock
BRAKE/FRONT: discÖ155mm/6"
BRAKE/REAR: drum
TIRE/FRONT: 3.5-8
TIRE/REAR: 3.5-8
L*W*H: 1420*570*900mm/60"*22"*35"
SEAT HEIGHT: 650mm/25.6"
WHEELBASE: 925mm/36.4"
FUEL CAPACITY: 8.5L/2.3 Gallons
DRY WEIGHT: 70KGS/154.3LBS

Endless Nameless
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:32 - 24 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get her a Fizzy- so much cooler than anything on the market today!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Need For Speed
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 22:59 - 24 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yamaha TZR50 race rep
Best one on the market!!!!

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 12:10 - 25 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another vote for just get a fizzy. They are WAY cooler than anything else on the market now and you won't be banging your head against the wall when it comes round to servicing/fixing it.

It's called 'retro chique' if she's worrying about riding an 'old' bike but any lasses I've ever seen think they are 'cute'. My girlfriend was totally made up when I found a YB100 for her (basically a 100cc fizzy) and spent the rest of the day making up names for it.

Yellow speedblock paintjob for the win Thumbs Up .

Joeb46
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 13:39 - 25 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id suggest an older 50cc. buying a new-ish rs50 or derbi gpr could end up setting you back alot of money. However with an older bike maybe a supermoto/enduro, parts are cheap and easy bikes to maintain.
I have a suzuki ts50x, very very reliable bikes and still good looking even though it is almost 16 years old Very Happy

01dabreoo
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 14:04 - 25 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started with an Aprilia RS50, they're pretty good bikes, just treat it well and it will treay you well.

AJI
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:12 - 25 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.50cc-motorcycles.com/

Go nuts Laughing All those are proper bikes, not twist'n'gos, but are mostly fairly modern ones.

Yamaha FS1E, Suzuki AP are popular 2-strokes, and the Honda SS50 is a nice 4-stroke 50.

The Hondas are waaaaayy cheaper than Fizzies and have a bit more of a 'scrambler' look to them. Somebody on here has a really nice cafe racer SS50. Edit: It's 'garth', the pics are about half way down one of my threads: https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=123632&highlight=
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:27 - 25 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the help, time to let her loose with photos and then off to somewhere so she can look & sit on them.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:53 - 25 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know chinese bikes have a shit reputation, but what about one of these. (she wants a sports type bike rather than a supermoto)

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KINROAD-XT50-SPORTS-BIKE-LATEST-MODEL-50-CC_W0QQitemZ270184456486QQihZ017QQcategoryZ424QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I really don't care if I only get a fraction of the money back after a year and Aprillas, Honds etc are silly money for a quite old machine. I even just saw an FS1E unfinished on ebay going for over £400 Shocked

Steve-D
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:51 - 25 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea the early fs1e's and dx's go for ridiculous amounts, i paid 250 for mine because its one of the last models which werent popular.
This is one thats been made to look like an earlier model trying to get more money for it, no more than 500 I would say at the very most
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Yamaha-fs1_W0QQitemZ200177572169QQihZ010QQcategoryZ9809QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem.

AJI
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:55 - 25 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I know chinese bikes have a shit reputation, but what about one of these. (she wants a sports type bike rather than a supermoto)

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KINROAD-XT50-SPORTS-BIKE-LATEST-MODEL-50-CC_W0QQitemZ270184456486QQihZ017QQcategoryZ424QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It's a 4-stroke so it might not be that speedy. I know you shouldn't automatically buy the fastest thing you can but I doubt she'd get much speed out of this thing... and I mean safe speed for riding on the road. Restricted 2-stroke 50s are supposed to be bad enough. I'm sure after riding a 125 off road your daughter is more than capable of riding a quicker 50.

Most popular (modern) 50 sports bikes seem to be the Aprilia RS50, Yamaha TZR50, Rieju RS2 Matrix and Derbi GPR50
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

fazza59
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:05 - 25 Nov 2007    Post subject: Re: Is there a 50cc motorbike ............. Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Is there any such beast as a modern FS1-E?

Yes there is, its called a Yamaha TZR 50 (or MBK X Power) and my lad thinks it the best bike on the road.

R1 Looks but only 50cc Rolling Eyes Second hand a 2/3 year old will cost about £1200, or maybe less if your lucky! Shocked Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

01dabreoo
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:09 - 25 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

TZR50s are hell of alot more than RS50s Shocked .

RS50s (99-06), TZR50s and the RS2 all use the same engine (Minarelli AM6)

Trashuk
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 19:24 - 25 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a word of warning about those chinese bikes mate

i looked into loads of bikes and i know nothing really about bikes because i have been out of the game since my ts125 which was ages ago when i was 17..

so i thought i better have a good look round and find a bike which was ok.

i did the same as you and was so close to pushing the buy it now on that very bike...

had a look on another forum chinese bikes or something...and they get a hammering where ever you look...

build quality on these bikes is shameful...sub standard frames (loads of reports that the frame has simply given way and collapsed)..bolts that come loose

eletrical issues

loads of silly things to ...stands popping down and bits falling off left right and centre.

even on places where they support these things are giving them not to good reviews.....

basically they all say if you dont mind looking after them every week...e.g checking everything they are ok bikes..

i would recommend you steer clear of these...you can get another bike but you cant get another daughter..thats the way i look at it

get something you know is going to safer...

ncrn
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:32 - 25 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

I really don't care if I only get a fraction of the money back after a year and Aprillas, Honds etc are silly money for a quite old machine. I even just saw an FS1E unfinished on ebay going for over £400 Shocked

Was at a kebab van with my mates once (Them in cars me on my bike) some kid shows up on that bike and stops, we talk to him he seems to like it though its a bit slow (he'd only just got it a couple of hours earlier) he goes to leave, puts the key in the ignition and sits there for a while trying to get it to go, kinda seemed like the battery had gone on it already..

If you wanna get one go for it, my dad got himself a 4T 125 chinese bike, spent most of its life falling apart (infact the exhaust fell off while we riding). Least that way you'll find out first hand how terrible they are Thumbs Up.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 155 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1