Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

DT 125 dep pipe?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

darkangel
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 01:01 - 23 Nov 2007    Post subject: DT 125 dep pipe? Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me what the performance is like after fitting a dep front exhaust?

I hear that 80mph is reasonable but my bike allready does 70-75 on a straight with a dep rear can and a semi restricted front exhaust (one of the washers came loose so i got it out with pliers!)

Will i see noticable improvements in the lower gears and are power wheelies without clutch in first or second gear out of the question?

J D
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:53 - 24 Nov 2007    Post subject: Re: DT 125 dep pipe? Reply with quote

darkangel wrote:
Can anyone tell me what the performance is like after fitting a dep front exhaust?

I hear that 80mph is reasonable but my bike allready does 70-75 on a straight with a dep rear can and a semi restricted front exhaust (one of the washers came loose so i got it out with pliers!)

Will i see noticable improvements in the lower gears and are power wheelies without clutch in first or second gear out of the question?

Got a dt my self pulls around 65 with just Dep silencer i think power wheelies are out of the question to be honest. Fancy giving me a guide to derestricting the exhaust? Very Happy

Willenium
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 03:09 - 25 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEP system will change the powerband completely. When I fitted mine I noticed it to be a little bit more flat in the lower revs but picked up very strongly from about 7k and kept pulling until you change gear. With the stock front it picks up almost immediately but is dead by about 7-8k.

element
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:05 - 09 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

It definatley changes the powerband.. feels like a completely different bike.. 7k upwards is just a constant pull whereas stock pipe has plenty of bottom/mid range and a pretty much flat top end. Should be able to go off the clocks (80 on a DT125R and 85 on a DT125RE and will easily wheelie in 1st (beware!), 2nd and a little in 3rd just by yanking on the bars and pinning the throttle when at the very point the powerband is about to kick in. standard restricted is about 13bhp. full dep will take that to 20ish bhp. at least a 50% performance increase Mr. Green.

For added fun fit a smaller front sprocket (15t/14t) Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

https://dtr125.net/tuningf.htm

enjoy Mr. Green
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 140 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1