Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

CH Racing WSM125

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

MetalheadA7X
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 22:30 - 21 Apr 2008    Post subject: CH Racing WSM125 Reply with quote

I just stumbled across this bike today while looking for alternatives to the XT125X and i was amazed at how nice this actually was. i thought it was a husky.

Couple of questions

What relation is CH racing to Husky?

Is it a good bike?

Does anyone have any experience with CH racing bikes?

Thanks in advance!
chris
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 23:00 - 21 Apr 2008    Post subject: Re: CH Racing WSM125 Reply with quote

Just saw new price quoted as £2895 which seems very high.
The actual Husky 125s are 2 strokes, which should be much more suitable for a decent supermoto style bike.

There does seem to be some connection with Husky, but not sure what. Uses a yamaha engine, apparantly, so might be an ok alternative to an XT-X; but I wouldn't want to pay more than £1k for a 4 stroke 125 personally.

MetalheadA7X
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 23:04 - 21 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have seen a few 07 SM125 s on ebay for like £2500 which is very reasonable, i am just worried about my lack of technical ability and high service intervals Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ghettostan
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 23:08 - 21 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a 4stroke 125cc........ Neutral
5 speed gearbox........... Neutral
£2895.
https://www.ntbracing.co.uk/wsm125.html

personaly i would rather get a second hand 2stroke if its only a 125cc.

but if you have money Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MetalheadA7X
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 23:20 - 21 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to the fact i have found an utter bargain on ebay i might just got for this instead.

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2007-HUSQVARNA-SM-125-S-RED-WHITE_W0QQitemZ280219842057QQihZ018QQcategoryZ116515QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

should i go for it?

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 23:30 - 21 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Husky will definitely need a bit more care - not care that the 4 stroke doesn't need, it's just it'll take a bit more abuse before it has problems.
However, the Husky should be a massively better bike when derestricted, that I'd consider it worth that sort of money, while I wouldn't want to be paying similar for a much less flexible 4 stroke.

asdf
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 23:32 - 21 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like a bargin to me

MetalheadA7X
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 23:36 - 21 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

G as you are a rather knowledgable fella would you be able to give me any idea's on service intervals.

I have heard they are really bad due to the nature of husky engines and them being highly tuned.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 9 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1