Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

what does fkp mean?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

konsoli
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 18:36 - 28 Apr 2008    Post subject: what does fkp mean? Reply with quote

i once had a CBT license, i may still have depending on when it expired (i passed my full UK car license)..

but what does 'fkp' on the back of my license mean? I also have B and B1 but im aware what those are.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

deanoet
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:07 - 28 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Categories

f - Agricultural tractors
k - Mowing machine or vehicle controlled by a pedestrian
p - Mopeds

Rovman
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:29 - 28 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you also have a class A on your license in the provisional area? I only ask because of your other thread about the CBT. If you do not have a provisional A on your current license, you still cannot ride a 125 with a CBT, you will have to send off your license to have it added.

konsoli
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 21:04 - 28 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, unfortunately I don't have this, will I gain this once I pass my CBT? Class 'A' then I will take my 'A2'. That's correct?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

deanoet
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:23 - 28 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, in your Provisional Entitlement on your Paper counterpart it needs to say A on it

Most do, as when you apply for the car one they put both on there

On your photocard it will only say the full licenses
U will need your paper bit of it anyway when you go for your CBT

Edit
If it doesnt you will need to get it added before you are allowed to take your CBT
as you need a provisional for the class you are going for.
Like when you learnt to drive, you needed the provisional B class before you were allowed to learn

Last edited by deanoet on 21:25 - 28 Apr 2008; edited 1 time in total

konsoli
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 21:24 - 28 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll find my counter-part now and check. Smile

edit:
okay, I have the following license on my counter-part:
Code:
A
BE
GH

they're valid until 2059, all of them. So..do i have a CBT license? Can I put in for my A2 immediately on a 125cc? Cus I know A1 is 125cc with no L plates and you can carry pillion but you can't go higher after 2 years and A2 is the same except after 2 years you can go higher...

So A has to be CBT? I guess

StevenF
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:29 - 28 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yours is the exact same as mine. I currently have my CBT booked in for next Tuesday, and was told having a full drivers licence, that would entitle me to sit my CBT without having to sent away for anything else. I checked on my photo licence, and there's no A, however there is on the paper section.

Anyway... I can't wait!

deanoet
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:40 - 28 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

nar, you are getting confused

The A part of the provisional means that you are allowed to ride a bike under instruction

So you need to do the CBT still, as it is legal requirement to ride on the roads

if you didnt have A on your license you wouldnt be allowed to take the CBT till it was added on there by the DVLA, as it is there you are good to go
Just remember your license and counterpart when you go, or they wont let u do it. Smile

Rovman
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 22:45 - 28 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
they're valid until 2059, all of them. So..do i have a CBT license? Can I put in for my A2 immediately on a 125cc? Cus I know A1 is 125cc with no L plates and you can carry pillion but you can't go higher after 2 years and A2 is the same except after 2 years you can go higher...

So A has to be CBT? I guess

I think we are all just confusing you now so i'll try to put it simply. Razz

You still have to do a new CBT as your old one expired (as you said in the other thread). Your friend that told you that your CBT doesn't expire because you passed your car test is wrong, it does expire.

To be able to do a CBT, you must have Provisional Class A (motorcycle class).

So to put it simply, since you do have provisional A on your license you must now take another CBT and then you can ride a 125 on L Plates. (for 2 years untill it expires again)

After taking the CBT you can then do a Theory test and A2 practical test and then ride any bike restricted to 33bhp. At this point, since you would have a full Bike license, you wouldn't need to take another CBT again, and infact after 2 years get your restriction removed so you have a fully unrestricted, full proper "big" bike license.

konsoli
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 00:27 - 29 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done the theory already Wink

Ok, thanks for clearing it up for me, guys.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 337 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1