BCF: Bike Chat Forums

CCM 644/ 710

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

richyqpr
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 21:20 - 28 Apr 2008    Post subject: CCM 644/ 710 Reply with quote

hi everyone, i have just bought a ccm 644 with a 710 bore kit which is great.

But i used to have a yamaha yzf600r thundercat and the ccm is much slower? is this right?

I know the 600 is a sports bike but everyone says the supermotos r quick off the mark because they are so light?

Also am i hitting the rev limiter on the ccm because the gear ratio is closer together than the thundercat? because im used to the thundercat. it just sits at 1 speed reving high and then when i change gear it pulls like mad in the next gear?

It seems like i have to change gear well quickly?

Sorry for the essay but would appriciate a few answers.

Thanks

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 23:01 - 28 Apr 2008    Post subject: Re: CCM 644/ 710 Reply with quote

Yes, it is right the CCM is much slower.

Not everyone says supermotos are quick off the mark because they are lighter - those that do don't really know what they're talking about.

The CCM will have a relatively more 'close ratio' gearbox because it will have a top speed in top gear of about 110 or something - as opposed to the 'cat being geared for 170 or so as stock, if I remember (obviously wouldn't quite get there). It also doesn't rev as high as the sports bike.
So yes, if you're used to a higher and wider revving sports bike, you may well get through gears quickly and hit the rev-limiter.

It should be noted that the CCM 644 is a quite slow and heavy example of a supermoto. Something like the Husaberg 650 could be up to 40-50kg lighter and make maybe 50% more power than the stock 644 - but pay the price in worse service intervals.

People may say supermotos are quick around twisty roads; which they can be, but I'd say it's still 98% in the rider.

The reason I to some degree like them and the reason others may consider them quick in twisty roads is actually the lack of power - you can make more use of what you have on a supermoto and not be doing ridiculous speeds.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 3 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1