Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Started and In my opinion fightered my cbr.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell
View previous topic : View next topic  

SM.Morgan
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 22:26 - 27 May 2008    Post subject: Started and In my opinion fightered my cbr. Reply with quote

Right I typed this once and in the process of uploading an attachment the forum decided to tell me the server was busy and delete my message Laughing

Little history of the bike.

so bike started like this.
https://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m302/morganrees/8715_1JPG.jpg

A few wheelies with hard landings made the shoddy rear light crack and come out of position taking some of the rear fairing with it so I couldn't re-fit it.
Got a second hand fairing off a forum member. (cheers mate Thumbs Up )
fitted this and it is alot higher then the other one I had, turns out my tutor (former owner) had cut it down and made it lower.
https://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m302/morganrees/SP_A0015.jpg

I have now streetfightered my cbr (thanks to everone I pm'd for being helpful), not because I crashed, but because I just prefer fighters, the clip-on position made me feel like I was sitting in an wierd position, so moved them straight to see if it felt better, which it did so off came the fairings
so step one.
https://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m302/morganrees/SP_A0030.jpg

step two. (with bodged lights for a ride to southend the next day)
https://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m302/morganrees/SP_A0031.jpg
mock up whilst the newer fairing is at the sprayers.
https://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m302/morganrees/SP_A0035.jpg

should look something like this, you can't see my new lights, its an alien enduro headlight shroud with twin halogen lights.
got renthal grips fitted because they look sexeh.
and got a stubby can off a mate, its brand new, he said i was too loud so I swaped for my old one Very Happy cue two happy people and toooti toot. Laughing
Thumbs Up

alun111
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:38 - 27 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that can really do! Not too keen on faired turned naked though!

JakeyR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:38 - 27 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

That actually looks really cool, i'm tempted to do it to mine. Laughing

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 23:28 - 27 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm Just waiting till lonewolf comes on whinging about how its not a fighter Confused

I like it, but I dont like those alien headlight things tbh. Thumbs Up

hmmmnz
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:58 - 27 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

its coming along Very Happy
as has been said, im not a fan of projector lights either,
mainly because they are completely useless at night, and there is nowhere to hide the wiring.

im sure it'll keep evolving as fighter do Very Happy

SM.Morgan
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 00:15 - 28 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will eventually make/find a nice point to the sky seat, and mod the subframe to suit Thumbs Up

And I'm liking the headlight at the moment, but if it is really bad I will fashion something up.

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:29 - 28 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you didn't crash then Laughing

Will be good seeing it in the flesh sometime Wink

A bike being too loud? Whatever next! Laughing

Loving the pointing up can Thumbs Up
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink

SM.Morgan
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 00:57 - 28 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah if you ever come to a meet, something goes wrong everytime. Laughing

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:34 - 28 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey fuck you Laughing Middle Finger Mr. Green Middle Finger

After the 10th I will be riding around on the NC30. Maybe not the 10th but certainly around that date. I have exams on the 12th and 13th and can't do 14th (Sunday) as I'm going on a huge piss up 18th birthday party all around London on the Saturday. Party bus FTW.

Might be able to make it during Saturday day time?

That's if I have a new helmet/tyre by then though.

And this NC30 has every apart from a rear tyre. So it's just a case of changing over insurance and then getting a new tyre. Razz
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink

SM.Morgan
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 01:52 - 28 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wicked, let me guess, your NC30 is in the fastest colour? Laughing

Post up a thread in the sahf east section and we will organise something. Thumbs Up

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:01 - 28 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, it's not even mine Laughing

It's my friends. It's red and black, kinda slow but I guess it'll do. Will miss the blueyeness (is that even a word!? Shocked) of the Hornet for quite awhile though.

I will do when I know more about bike/tyre/money. Thumbs Up

GeorgeCBR
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 13:03 - 30 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

m0l0t0v wrote:
A bike being too loud? Whatever next! Laughing

Tbh, I'm surprised you didn't hear it.

The day after i fitted it, Morgan was ready on his driveway a good 10 minutes before i showed up Shocked Might have something to do with lack of gasket or w/e.

Owell, the old carbon can suits teh bandit better.

Previous || Suzuki Bandit 600N - Honda CBR 125 - Gilera Runner 50

binge
Emo Kiddy

PostPosted: 21:48 - 08 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

m0l0t0v wrote:
kinda slow but I guess it'll do.

Awh, Cant wave your willy on the straights like you could on the Hornet? Laughing Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:36 - 09 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

binge wrote:
m0l0t0v wrote:
kinda slow but I guess it'll do.

Awh, Cant wave your willy on the straights like you could on the Hornet? Laughing Wink

I'm not straight line warrior Razz Haven't banked the VFR over much because the tyres were quite squared off and shit when I got it. I managed to round them up again and even my instructor applauded me on my efforts Wink

Also, I prefer power wheelies Very Happy

binge
Emo Kiddy

PostPosted: 22:49 - 09 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

m0l0t0v wrote:

Power wheelies are for people who cant wheelie. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:21 - 09 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

binge wrote:
m0l0t0v wrote:

I could clutch the Hornet up in second. I'm just lazy Laughing

Fawbish
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:57 - 09 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

binge wrote:
m0l0t0v wrote:

Agreed Razz

But I do like being able to whop it up on the power now, didnt have the balls before cos I was so used to 33bhp. Thumbs Up

And nice CBR! Can looks the SEX Mr. Green Thumbs Up

SM.Morgan
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 21:56 - 10 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments, the faring is back from the sprayers, and he has done a top job, just need to put a decal on each side and fit my seat and i'll post more upto date pictures. Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 325 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1