Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The Rialto Experience... 56k? fuck off!!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:37 - 27 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaloopa wrote:
Looking good. PM me if you need any spares or advice and I'll get my Dad on it. He's been driving Reliants for years, and a realto for about 5 years.

cheers for that, i've still got your number i think, so i'll give you a bell if i need anything Very Happy
Blue_SV650S wrote: it was a sh1te wheelie, but it proves that he can get it up in 3rd and can do angles. In summery, mattsprattuk is a gobby little sh1tebag, dopehead tw4t, but sadly for all of us, he probably isn't THAT full of sh1te!! Mr. Green
Kickstart wrote: Hi I tend to agree with Matt. All the best Keith

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:49 - 30 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big_Ham wrote:
You have to fit a Halfords dustbin exhaust. Cool

Sod that, fit the SRAD engine in the back and wheelie from the lights.

There is something so unbelievably bad and comical about them that they are in fact cool.

AJI
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:49 - 25 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just seen this thread, looks awesome Thumbs Up Inspired me to go have a look on ebay at Rialtos, Robins and the like. Some proper bargains there but have you seen the cost of the late nineties/early noughties models before they stopped production? They're even more inflated than late Minis, some of them are approacting £6k Shocked Such as the one below:

https://i10.ebayimg.com/07/m/000/91/97/ab5e_19.JPG

I noticed that quite a few of them have Minilite style alloys, was that what you were planning to do?

Get some more photos up Matt Thumbs Up

Also spotted this on fleabay, a Reliant "Ant". Awesome little pickup:

Linky

https://i22.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/f9/39/3f1e_1.JPG
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

map
Mr Calendar

PostPosted: 18:01 - 25 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJI wrote:
...spotted this on fleabay, a Reliant "Ant". Awesome little pickup:

Linky

https://i22.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/f9/39/3f1e_1.JPG

Is it only me who saw that and thought cheap transport, I could use that to carry a couple of bikes - emoticons sum up my thoughts - Confused Shocked Wink Very Happy

Also FWIW there's a Reliant dealer just down the road from me Very Happy Although they seem to have moved over to the Microcar now.

Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

AJI
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:26 - 25 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it'd be ace around town or something. It reminds me of the 60s Daihatsu Midget too, which was even smaller.

Boo to the dealer selling Microcars, they'll never be as 'cool' as the Reliants Very Happy I'm surprised there isn't some kit car company in the UK making the Reliants, in the same way that BMH make bodies for Minis and MGs, you can virtually build a whole car.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:12 - 25 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

i havnt really played with it for a few weeks. i ran out of petrol and havnt been able to buy more or pay for parts.

all ive done since then is fill the boot up with all my tools so i dont have to make trips when working on the bike, and strip 1 brake shoe and un-seize it. now i cant get the brake pads back on because theyre on gay springs Very Happy
oh, and ive also adjusted the clutch cable so it doesnt CLANG into reverse.
im going to buy a pressure washer because theres an army of spiders living in the chassis, so i'll fuck them over big style.

more pics to come when i can be arsed.
Blue_SV650S wrote: it was a sh1te wheelie, but it proves that he can get it up in 3rd and can do angles. In summery, mattsprattuk is a gobby little sh1tebag, dopehead tw4t, but sadly for all of us, he probably isn't THAT full of sh1te!! Mr. Green

Endless Nameless
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:39 - 27 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ants are cool. I'm in Plym atm, tempted to wander over and have a giggle. Or would, if I knew where the hell you lived. Wimped out and took the train down instead of the CG though!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:42 - 27 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt, if you're back for a while, chances are it'll be on the road soon... we can go boy racing Very Happy

got to have passed my test before september or my theory expires, and the way things are going, after 3 lessons the guy says im pretty much ready to book it.

then its a weekends work followed by an MOT.

also...

do your bike test

Endless Nameless
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:40 - 28 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going back today dude or I'd have arranged a Jaspers meet up or summit. Failed the test, foot down on U turn, got another one booked though. Will probably come back down sometime over the summer anyway. Good luck with the driving test...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

dlatch
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 10:03 - 12 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

i sometimes wonder if wanting to own a reliant is healthy or just plain worrying Razz

i nearly bought one a month ago myself Laughing
got to be worth the cash for the fun factor i rekon Thumbs Up

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:03 - 12 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

dlatch wrote:
i sometimes wonder if wanting to own a reliant is healthy or just plain worrying Razz

i nearly bought one a month ago myself Laughing
got to be worth the cash for the fun factor i rekon Thumbs Up

ask yourself this...

first car... a 1 litre 206 with an insurance cost of around £1400

or... a reliant, just as fast top speed, quicker off the mark, and more fun to corner... insurance around £600.

chicks dig trikes Cool

Carl_steveo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:00 - 12 Jul 2008    Post subject: Re: The Rialto Experience... 56k? fuck off!! Reply with quote

mattsprattuk wrote:
so i bought a reliant rialto...
modified nova as a first car Wink

Sad my first car was a nova. i still have it i cant bring myself to sell it

its just aswell cos i wrote my 00plate 206 off so still had a car to drive Thumbs Up

but i love the relaint nice buy mate

moog
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 17:14 - 12 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turn it into a trike.

"I've made an odd discovery. Every time I talk to a savant I feel quite sure that happiness is no longer a possibility. Yet when I talk with my gardener, I'm convinced of the opposite."
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 300 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2