Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

okay, my Suzuki katana ay50

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Dam_buster
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 17:55 - 23 Sep 2004    Post subject: okay, my Suzuki katana ay50 Reply with quote

right i've just got myself a suzuki katana, and am wanting to derestrict it, i was told the main restrictions are the exhaust , the airbox and the Cdi unit,

i have ordered a aftermarket sports exhaust, and have taken the restrictor out of my air box (will be getting sports filter soon)
but have no idea where to get a Derestricted or aftermarket Cdi unit Confused from?!? i need something that will top out at 10,000 rpm or round about,

i was also told by a friend that a 19mm carb and a malossi mhr 70cc kit would greatly increase the performance,

any information or tips would be grateful. Mr. Green

thanks for your time , Thumbs Up
Jim (newbie)[color=red][/color]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 18:28 - 23 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leave it alone. You'll only screw up the mixture and then be back here in 2 months time asking us how to fix it. If you want more power, get a bigger bike. If you're not old enough, wait until you're 17 then get a bigger bike.

Dam_buster
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 18:42 - 23 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

i no , but i'm just a speed hungry teenager like all the others, id get the carb fine tuned , and have the kit professionally installed just wanted to no if anybody could advise me, if they are reliable or not. Question Exclamation Question
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 18:46 - 23 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a word no. A tuned engine is never going to be as reliable as a stock engine. There are some exceptions to this, but as a general rule, it isn't gonna be as reliable. Save your money and get a decent bike when you're old enough. I wish I had done. If I bought a cheaper NSR rather than an 8 month old one I'd be on a bigger bike now and done my test ages ago.

If money really is no object and every bike you're ever going to have is getting tuned up then take it to Stan Stephens or another reputable 2 stroke tuner, where they'll set it up as good as it can be.

Dam_buster
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 18:53 - 23 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

o ok. well my rents are stickin by that i'm getting a car instead of a bike where as i want a Cagiva mito evo 7!
mate will sell me his for a cheaper price just gotta get the electric start sorted cos it has 2 be bump started.

My friend says that the 70 kit wont make it any less reliable unless its fitted by some drunken monkey.

i'm just wanting extra power , my ped excellerates from 0-49mph (been clocked by mates speedfight) quicker than my mates peds , except his speedfight, and he said all i need is a 70 kit and a 19mm carb,

i've got to wait till april till i can get a 125 so i want to do what i can to this little speed demon lol

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 18:55 - 23 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mate says this, my mate says that.

I am a bike mechanic I hear this sort of shit every day, just leave it alone. Any fiddling you do with it is going to make it more unreliable, that is a fact. This is unless it's been badly set up from the factory.

Grow up.

binge
Emo Kiddy

PostPosted: 20:22 - 23 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Last edited by binge on 12:04 - 25 Sep 2008; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Finglonga
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:43 - 24 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why oh why did Suzuki name a ped 'Katana' its has just degraded the name, such a shame! Crying or Very sad

A TRUE Katana....

https://www.gsxkatana.de/uploads/pics/1981_GSX1100S_Katana_520.jpg
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 4 years between these two posts...

lewisblake200...
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 23:12 - 23 Sep 2008    Post subject: Re: okay, my Suzuki katana ay50 Reply with quote

i ave a suzki katana ay 50 t reg and i got a viper race can without restritors i got a race air box i got bigger jets for it i got a 70 kit i got a varatior kit racebelt carbon revess when i first got the bike it done 35 mph tops but nw i ave tuned it up it does about 75 mph and u do not ave to upgrade ur cdi box so if u got the money to do it make sure u do it probley tho coz if u pt a 70 kit in n dnt run it in then u will ave big trouble with it

chillpill
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:11 - 24 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

standard katanas are wheelie machines Cool

fit a polini sport 70 kit , 21mm dellorto carb and a, laser x pro pipe and youll be loving it Razz

ps - its not hard to fit or setup any of them as long as your confident and handy with a spanner Wink

Finglonga
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:43 - 24 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is 4 years old FFS! Shocked

moog
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 18:37 - 24 Sep 2008    Post subject: Re: okay, my Suzuki katana ay50 Reply with quote

lewisblake2001 wrote:
i ave a suzki katana ay 50 t reg and i got a viper race can without restritors i got a race air box i got bigger jets for it i got a 70 kit i got a varatior kit racebelt

I ran out of air about here...

lewisblake2001 wrote:
carbon revess when i first got the bike it done 35 mph tops but nw i ave tuned it up it does about 75 mph and u do not ave to upgrade ur cdi box

Started turning blue here

lewisblake2001 wrote:
so if u got the money to do it make sure u do it probley tho coz if u pt a 70 kit in n dnt run it in then u will ave big trouble with it

And narrowly avoided passing out here...when I finally breathed in because of the lack of grammar forcing me to read the whole post as one fucking sentence.

Jesus...it's not exactly difficult to spell things correctly is it? Or are the Chavs so lazy now-a-days that they actually think that Grammar is an elderly relative?

"I've made an odd discovery. Every time I talk to a savant I feel quite sure that happiness is no longer a possibility. Yet when I talk with my gardener, I'm convinced of the opposite."

binge
Emo Kiddy

PostPosted: 12:06 - 25 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHR15 wrote:
lol, only just realised the op date. that guys 20 now... hes probs either dead, bought a cage or is on an r6 or zxr750.. imo anyway.

Wink

https://photos-479.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-snc1/v263/37/52/503632479/n503632479_614759_2552.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 188 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1