BCF: Bike Chat Forums

GPz305 project bike(s) *with added FAIL!*

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!

PostPosted: 18:00 - 09 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive engine fail! Best con-rod shape I've ever seen.

Quick stripdown too!

Gaz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

torpedo
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 17:40 - 13 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

ouch, that is some conrod bendage there

when i read the piston filing bit i did cringe a little, but thought, hes gotta know what hes doing, maybe i should try this with one of my spare piston sets?

now i think ill pass on that lol

im curious about the ultrasonic cleaner though, was just thinking the other day one of those would be amazing to have but the price for a small one is rediculous, £300 for something you can barely clean a cup in Rolling Eyes

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 11:20 - 16 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

torpedo wrote:

im curious about the ultrasonic cleaner though, was just thinking the other day one of those would be amazing to have but the price for a small one is rediculous, £300 for something you can barely clean a cup in Rolling Eyes

I got it from a skip outside a hospital. I had a tip-off from someone who works there that it would be there. Brand new, in the box.

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 19:38 - 18 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody interesting thread sir.

Sorry to hear about the mishap, you are certainly determined, I would have weighed the lot in long before now, or probably knowing me, sold it for a massive loss.
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 20:47 - 18 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barrels arrived yesterday. Got the rebuilt crank back today. Just waiting on some oil seals being delivered.

That bent conrod looks even more awesome now it's off the crank.

Apparently took over 60 tonnes to pull the end web off the crank! Went with a bang when it came. Shocked

Lone-Wolf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:51 - 18 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

Me, I'm 30. I just became a whinging old bastard sooner than most.

Wotcha.

Wise move - it saves time later on Laughing

Me ?

{ 50 and counting }
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

torpedo
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 08:30 - 21 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
torpedo wrote:

I got it from a skip outside a hospital. I had a tip-off from someone who works there that it would be there. Brand new, in the box.

you jammy git!! Laughing thats superb considering how much money thats worth and you got it for nothing. Smile

if you ever hear about another one going.... Wink

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 23:36 - 22 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's all rebuilt again and running sweet.

Started with a set of empty cases at mid day on Saturday. Kat rode it to a local rally where we were drinking our first pint with the tent up before 10pm the same day.

Odd unsteadiness from the front end. I'd put it down to the shit back tyre (they sent a front instead of a rear so it still has the old one on). On closer inspection it looks like the balance weight has come off the front. Could be that, I wonder if the brakes are binding a little too. It just feels slightly skittish on the front end.

I've got plenty of time to give that a once over though.

FreshAL
Sir Crashalot

PostPosted: 10:54 - 23 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are wasted on cows.

Either that, or engines and intestines have far more in common than I'd ever thought.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

torpedo
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 19:16 - 23 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

how had did you find the valves to remove? camchain skipped the other day (bad tensioner) and now my engines in bits again!

valves are bent (both exhaust ones) and need replacing, so i started taking appart a bad spare head (surfaces dented so useless but good valves) and nightmare lol - buckets wont even come out! got one out and one valve compressed and out but the other is proper stuck in there, might just put a spare head thats already together (but didnt want to use as its full of carbon) on instead now, valves are proving too much hassle but i wanted to have a go as you'd inspired me lol.

me dads told me how to grind valves in now so i can give it a go sometime, but given how much of a pain in the arse getting the bad spare heads valves out is being and as i need this bike tomorrow on the road im thinking of using the coked up head ive got now, least im fairly sure itll go together and work, and be easy Laughing

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 11:22 - 24 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piece of piss really. Just put the valve spring compressor on and down they popped. Fished the collets out with a pair of tweezers. Slightly more fiddly putting them back in but not by much.

If the valve wont push out once the colletts are removed, there is probably something wrong with it.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 12:54 - 24 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreshAL wrote:
You are wasted on cows.

Either that, or engines and intestines have far more in common than I'd ever thought.

It pays better to work on cows than to work on motorcycles...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 20:16 - 24 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:

It pays better to work on cows than to work on motorcycles...

I wouldn't count on it.

Hours are a lot worse.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 218 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3