Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

South west rideout

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell
View previous topic : View next topic  

Tristan.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:25 - 19 Oct 2008    Post subject: South west rideout Reply with quote

Few of us from the south west section went for a rideout today, was fun, though an awefull lot of doing stuff that wasnt rideing getting lost and breaking down mostly, though thats whats meant to happen, we should probably plan around that stuff next time Very Happy

Anyway, we had me, on my clapped out CB, cos I've been told I ride the FZR like a fag. mattsprattuk on his gixxer 6, skluff on a nice shiney 636, Seb on an aprillia futurer, thejdemon on an RS125, RXS_chris on a CD250, Bittern on an MZ ETZ250 or something and my housemate Adam, on a H100, so a fair spread of horsepowers.

Plan (for people who know the area) was 11AM meet at captain jaspers, a bike caff thing, get off for 12ish to torpoint twisties, up there, up the A38, then from Bodmin to Davidstow via backroads, get there for 2ish, and spend a few hours playing on the runways and grass.

This is where we where at half 12
https://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d170/tristanthe/hat.jpg
(DNA is nowt to do with us BTW)
two blocks from my house, couple guys where there, including Bittern on the MZ. And the rest of us at Jaspers, the MZ wouldnt start so we got everyone back to it, to watch it not starting. Then it did start and we went.

and got to Jaspers for lunch
https://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d170/tristanthe/hat5.jpg
and left, 2 hours later than planned (and given that this was before we where even meant to of started the ride, it kind of set the tone for the day)

anyway, torpoint ferry over to the twisties
https://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d170/tristanthe/hat2.jpg

And who got into the carpark at the top first?

https://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d170/tristanthe/hat3.jpg
Oh Yeah Mr. Green (though I've done the road a dozen times or so to be fair)

https://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d170/tristanthe/hat4.jpg
the slower bikes catch up and we head off for davidstow.

Nothing much happens, we sort of lose the H100 by being too fast and then it comes back. Err then an hour or so later the rideout looks like this
https://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d170/tristanthe/hat6.jpg

This is why you shouldnt have rideouts on duel carriageways with bikes ranging from 100cc to 1000cc Laughing

People had got lost in various ways, Skluff needed to go home anyway, so sent us a text when he stopped for a piss, Adam and Seb found their way to davidstow and gave us a ring, and Bittern caught up and I turned off his engine cos the two stroke noise was annoying

oops Embarassed

Unfortunatley all the electricity had fallen out, so after a few tries at bumping it we decided to push/tow it, and then while being towed by Chris' 250 it bumped and was alive again. Anyway we headed off to davidstow where Adam and Seb where probably wandering where we where.

As we headed for it I saw them coming out a sideroad, so went to pull over, missed one parking thing and indicated right into a farm entrance or something, matt has shit brakes and was going faster than me, so when I hit the brakes he couldnt stop in time, came down my left and twatted me while I was doing about 5 and him 30 odd (he'll come in and say it was just his mirror that hit me, but it wasnt Razz ) anyway, I fell over and hurt my finger but the CB is awesome and indestructable and got back up fine. We stood there for a bit agreeing how funny it was then went to davidstow.

where we did
this sort of thing
for an hour or so, or those of us who dont give a damn about their bikes, or have better ones. Then I tried something I'd seen on youtube, where you hold the bike and get it to burnout round you, then let go and it goes off on its own in an awesome fashion. didn't really work, it just sort of made me look silly, cos nobody believed I did it on purpose, and it scratched the CB, but nobody cares about her, FZR's prettier.

Anyway, that was about it, and there wherent that many pics taken. Anyway if your in the devon/cornwall area and arent a member of the SW group, or dont use it, then do, cos we're planning another (number 4, wow) in a few weeks, third sunday of Vovember probably.

Graham88
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:24 - 20 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't sound like my sort of rideout tbh Laughing

Breaking down and crashing into each other doesn't really appeal to me!

Tristan.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:26 - 20 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham88 wrote:
Doesn't sound like my sort of rideout tbh Laughing

Breaking down and crashing into each other doesn't really appeal to me!

I'll be honest, I was none too wild about being crashed into, just whipped off my trousers to find a big bruise on my arse, caused by matt rear ending me...

Graham88
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:28 - 20 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tristan the wrote:
just whipped off my trousers to find a big bruise on my arse, caused by matt rear ending me...

Quoted for the 'lol' factor Laughing

South West in gay shocker Police

.Chris.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:22 - 20 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
hold the bike and get it to burnout round you, then let go and it goes off on its own in an awesome fashion. didn't really work, it just sort of made me look silly, cos nobody believed I did it on purpose, and it scratched the CB

By 'scratched' you mean you dropped it on the runway, whereupon the clutch lever snapped in half and a huge chunk of filler came out of the tank Laughing

plugger147
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:58 - 20 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tristan the wrote:
just whipped off my trousers to find a big bruise on my arse, caused by matt rear ending me...

Deffo worth a sig line.Laughing

Looks like a good day out to me but why is the guy who looks like martin from eastenders (3rd pic) wearing blue lipstick???? Wink

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:00 - 20 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
(he'll come in and say it was just his mirror that hit me, but it wasnt )

https://img253.imageshack.us/img253/7016/44437553vp9.jpg

exhibit A.

Statement: ''the fairing hit me''.

Evidence: Bent back mirror, indicator still attached...

Conclusion: nothing but the mirror could have hit.

Verdict: DRAMA QUEEN

that is all.

admittedly i was a bit of a dick to follow closely, then mistake hard braking for slowing down for a corner. (to turn into a field gateway???).
Blue_SV650S wrote: it was a sh1te wheelie, but it proves that he can get it up in 3rd and can do angles. In summery, mattsprattuk is a gobby little sh1tebag, dopehead tw4t, but sadly for all of us, he probably isn't THAT full of sh1te!! Mr. Green
Kickstart wrote: Hi I tend to agree with Matt. All the best Keith

Tristan.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:31 - 21 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it was your suzukis fat arse that hit me, anyway, whatever it was something large hit me at a considerably higher speed than I was doing. Also, I forgot to ask you when we got home, did you see my bars wobbling, also did the CB sound good in the tunnel?

Moonie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:58 - 22 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm down there quite alot of the time visiting freinds, I won't join the SW group cause I live in the midlands (I know bloody midlanders) but guve us a PM next time and I'll tag along.

Tristan.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:12 - 22 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can join more than one regional group, I'm in 4 Mr. Green Anyway next one is probably the 22nd of November, Exeter start and Plymouth finish+ BBQ then night out hopefully and theres plenty of space to stay at our student house.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 190 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1