Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Project Ariel Colt: A twist to the tale...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
View previous topic : View next topic  

Jamie S
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:32 - 26 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jockey wrote:
Why is there not an airfilter fitted, and why is the carb sucking in from the side?, from the original pictures the filter sits behind the head. What happened to the head?, that broken fin i mean. Tidy up the wiring and those other items and i`m sure you`ll get a buyer, still you`ve done one hell of a job and the paint looks stunning.- Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Very Happy -Jockey.

There is an air filter now, and also a smiths 70mph d shape speedo, those pictures were taken ages ago.
The carb is correctly mounted for the year of the bike , with the 90 degree bend.
"What happened to the fin ?" Clearly I'm not going to know that, the bike is over 50 years old, it could of been done years ago.
The wiring has been tidied up since them pictures were taken.
Thanks.

satelliteone
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 23:26 - 27 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very impressive work. Smile Loving the bike.

Jamie S
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:22 - 23 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

change of plan, the sale of the bike is now off, and I plan to keep her a bit onger, The bike has been stripped again, mainly to sort a gearbox problem, but also there is a few gremlins engine wise.
(scored barrel)
https://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s297/honda_tlr/PA173378.jpg

Bike in its current state, need to cut a section of the rear mudgaurd out (where the marks are)and repaint a few bits and bobs:

https://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s297/honda_tlr/PA173373.jpg

ms51ves3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:41 - 23 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see you have the bike held in by the wheel clamp, is that all you have holding it upright?

When I put my bike in the wheel clamp it feels very unsteady.

Jamie S
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:48 - 23 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

ms51ves3 wrote:
I see you have the bike held in by the wheel clamp, is that all you have holding it upright?

Hi, it's a bit deceptive from that angle, but no, the Bars are leaning on the wall, there is a way to use ratchet straps if you don't have a center stand though, but just clamping it by the wheel alone is to risky in my opinion and is asking for a buckled wheel if the bike was to fall.
On bikes with a center stand though I personally don't even bother using the wheel clamp, as it seems sturdy enough.
Them under frame jacks like they use on OCC and other bike building programs appeal to me for use on bikes with out a center stand though... Thinking

ms51ves3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:56 - 23 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamie stokes wrote:
ms51ves3 wrote:

Hi, it's a bit deceptive from that angle, but no, the Bars are leaning on the wall, there is a way to use ratchet straps if you don't have a center stand though, but just clamping it by the wheel alone is to risky in my opinion and is asking for a buckled wheel if the bike was to fall.
On bikes with a center stand though I personally don't even bother using the wheel clamp, as it seems sturdy enough.
Them under frame jacks like they use on OCC and other bike building programs appeal to me for use on bikes with out a center stand though... Thinking

When I use a centre stand I don't use the clamp, it's just my TZR doesn't have a centre stand. I really need to invest in a paddock stand.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 160 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10