May aswell get it out of the way. Aprilia SR125

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

BBCTom
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 21:14 - 04 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

speedy wrote:
atm as its planned for road use i had to go with the more sensible options however i aimed to get the max out of my engine while keeping prices down and reliablility up...ish Very Happy
set up is standard atm but parts orderd/owned already are
172 malossi
pm 52 pipe
28mil delorto carb
malossi mhr reed block and inlet
pollini gear ups
polini belt
blue clutch springs
white contra spring
malossi variator

the bike isnt finished yet engine is yet to go back onto the new frame and my renthals are on the way from bsh tuning (never use this website as i have been waiting since 2 weeks into november for the bars to be delivered) and im still waiting to find a new front pannel from where i crashed
i wouldd guess whatever pipe it is the stub has been matched to the exhaust port on your 172 so you should keep it however when getting it re done (if you decide to) find out if it has been matched and if they say no may b look into finding out what pipe it is must admit from here it doesnt look like a kundo however i cant see it. anyways if you eventualy do find out it is a kundo and you want to get the most out of your bike may be look into geting it changed as the kundos are apparently as good as a stock pipe

just read up a cuple coments and realised that your building to sell so in that case the last paragraph i rote was pointless Rolling Eyes flowing is something that youll be able to do yourself in all honesty if you want to give it a go and you have a dremel and it would make a noticable difrence plus you cant really go rong...unless you go ape shit on your cases i recommend you have a little bash at it while the cases are split to install the new crank the aim is to make the passage from the carb to the cylinder easy so smooth off right angles etc. let me know if your intrested and ill find a few pics
im going to attack my cylinder and engine cases as soon as it gets warm enough for me to clean my engine abit before i bring it indoors for me to work on it
good luck

Cheers. If you could PM me some pics of as a guide to flowing it would be helpful mate Thumbs Up

I still need to get my white contra spring. As there are no decent scooter shops where I am, I have been looking on the internet for one, but haven't found one as of yet.

Tom Thumbs Up

speedy
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 22:27 - 04 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

pm sent hope it helps
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

BBCTom
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 23:47 - 04 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, Have some karma Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 128 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2