Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Spyball Spam 140 info

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Dotzler
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 08:35 - 11 Aug 2005    Post subject: Spyball Spam 140 info Reply with quote

I recently had to change the batteries in both key fobs for my Spyball alarm system. My bike had been standing over the winter, so I also needed to put a new battery in the bike (Kwak ZX-6R F1).

unfortunatley I was unable to get the bike working. I was able to 'partly' get round the alarm system by removing the fuse when the ignition was on, but the bike would still not start - it only turned over. The Spam 140 has 2 immobiliser circuits. One for the complete electrics and one for the ignition system.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) alarm systems are rare here in Finland due to the lack of bike crime, I was unable to find anyone who could service the system and re programme the fobs.

Following a phone call back to the UK, (Thanks to Jules at Peak Motorcycle Security) I was able to re programme the system myself.

There is a flying lead coming from the alarm unit. By switching the ignition on, the fob can be re programmed by touching this lead to the negative terminal of the battery and pressing the larger button on the fob. When the audible tones change on the bike the process is complete.

The Spyball documentation states that the lead should be grounded - this was a bit confusing as the process did not work when the lead was touched to the bike frame. Brick Wall

This has taken me a number of weeks to sort out and this was my last attempt before the bike was due to go into the shop and have the alarm system surgically removed. This has saved me a lot of cash (I was budgeting on around €1000) as the shops have no experience of alarm systems here.

Hopefully this will help someone else who may be in the same situation.
I can now enjoy the rest of the very short biking season here as the snow will be here only too soon!! Clapping

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 00:56 - 12 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck me a grand in euro's! Shocked I can bypass that alarm with 2 bits of wire a knife and 3 minutes work
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 3 years, 154 days between these two posts...

Michel
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 08:36 - 12 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old thread I know, but this worked brilliantly for me when I had the same problem. The flying lead was a bit of a hassle to find - took about 5 minutes - just traced the Spyball loom forward till I found it under the tank. It also took a few tries beofre it worked. I was having to remove the fuse previously and replace it every now and again so the bike started. I put the fuse back in, turned the ignition on and off a few times. Turned the ignition on and then shorted the flying lead to earth and pressed the largest left hand button (with the pointy end of the teardrop forward) until there was a tone. Worked perfectly ever since. Bit late but thanks....

LimehouseCBF
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 20:03 - 12 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v353/102/26/698560404/n698560404_4518114_2439.jpg

Heres what i did with mine when the piece of crap left me at the side of the road Evil or Very Mad

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 02:58 - 13 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

LimehouseCBF wrote:
https://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v353/102/26/698560404/n698560404_4518114_2439.jpg

Heres what i did with mine when the piece of crap left me at the side of the road Evil or Very Mad

That was a fun day out. Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 78 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1