Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Hyosung XRX 125

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

BlackStallion
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 13:59 - 11 Jun 2009    Post subject: Hyosung XRX 125 Reply with quote

Has anyone else got this bike?

It's not a common and well known bike, but it truly is an amazing one Very Happy

Here are some pictures of my XRX Thumbs Up

https://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu299/milkster125/OptimizedP240509_1140.jpg

https://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu299/milkster125/OptimizedP240509_114001.jpg

https://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu299/milkster125/P240509_114002-Optimized.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

J D
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:16 - 11 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a KTM wannabe, whats so special about it?

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 20:20 - 11 Jun 2009    Post subject: Re: Hyosung XRX 125 Reply with quote

He owns it and doesn't know better? Razz

Looks awfully lacking in mud to be an 'amazing' bike Smile... unless that is actually the bike in his avatar, in which case, I concede Razz.

J D
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:31 - 11 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think he has summed it up for himself

Hyosung XRX 125D (..............) Don't have a clue

Razz

ben_wheely
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 21:22 - 11 Jun 2009    Post subject: Re: Hyosung XRX 125 Reply with quote

milkster125 wrote:
(one hell of a first bike, truly awesome)

You've obviously not rode any other bikes before.

Sick .................. seat looks comfy though

BlackStallion
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 23:58 - 11 Jun 2009    Post subject: Re: Hyosung XRX 125 Reply with quote

wheely wrote:
milkster125 wrote:
(one hell of a first bike, truly awesome)

You've obviously not rode any other bikes before.

Sick .................. seat looks comfy though

I think i've made myself look like Mr. No It All.... Embarassed

I have rode other bikes before, been on RS50's, RS125's, XR125's, GT125R and some other scrambler bikes that i don't have a clue about...

I said it's amazing as the bikes that i've been on just didn't seem half as good as this did, the feel of it, i guess its because i've got used to it.

I've also read many reviews too, been really good write ups, hardly anyone has been disappointed, only a few that had the 2000 models.

I don't take it offroad either, i know it's a scrambler and being enduro it's designed for dirt, i just don't do any of that, just keep it to tarmac.

Mmmmmm i think i need to keep to the "New Biker" forum, much suited there Very Happy

Sorry guys, my bad.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ben_wheely
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 09:07 - 12 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well as long as you enjoy it, thats all that matters Thumbs Up

Wise choice not taking it offroad either, im not sure how avalible parts are when they worn or broken. But im sure they dont sell aftermarket plastics ect. so anything that got broken would have to be replaced with an original part, sent from china.

Dont be put off by us, and enjoy your stay Wink

BlackStallion
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 10:54 - 12 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

wheely wrote:
so anything that got broken would have to be replaced with an original part, sent from china

The bike isn't chinese by the way, i take your assuming it is?

Loads of people say it's chinese crap that falls apart, but Hyosung are Korean and they are closely connected with Suzuki.

I got put off by the name of the bike myself when i saw it before buying. Then the owner talked me through stuff about it, and he was well trusted.

Cheers though wheely, yeah i'm kind of new to the forum so i don't no anyone as such, but the "New Biker" thread is really good getting to no everyone. I like the site, pretty awesome like my bike lol, nah only kidding, guess i'm still a little kid who's over excited about his first bike Laughing

Thanks again Thumbs Up

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 11:30 - 12 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair-play to you for not getting arsey when others question your wonder... as many do Smile.

If you're ever somewhere I'm riding a bike, feel free to blag a go to see why we might be less than impressed.
My KTM200 is basically a big bore 125 - your bike has about 25% more weight than the KTM125, but about 1/3rd of the power! My 200 is the same bike, but with more kick and a little bit more top end.
My 690 KTM weighs about 10kg more than your bike, but makes five times the power. My ZX9 weighs about 50kg more than your bike, but makes about 12 times the power of your bike.
To be honest, the KTM is the only one that really gives me much of a 'wow' factor... though that's only from riding it off-road, where it's definitely a lot more bike than I'm capable of/would like to ride.

wheely wrote:
. so anything that got broken would have to be replaced with an original part, sent from china.

You'll have the Hyosung Triads on you with attitudes like that!

ben_wheely
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 13:07 - 12 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yea i did think it was chinese, sorry. And i didnt mean they fall apart, i mean if you had to replace parts from dropping it or falling off whilst taking it offroad - because eveyone does.

Can i have a go on your ktm too Very Happy I would like too compare a 200/250 2-smoker to a 4t.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 13:19 - 12 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plastics shouldn't be a problem I'd have thought - you can usually find plastics from a random bike to fit on!

And sure, welcome to blag a go, though be aware the 250 and 200s generally have a very different character. The enduro 250s tend to be a lot flatter and lower revving - like a 400cc 4 stroke. While the 200, as mentioned is a big-bore 125, so it's got loads of revs and relatively not much power to start with; then at about mid-revs it's really starts to kick in, leaving you holding on.

ben_wheely
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 13:27 - 12 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks, although we live about 300 miles apart Rolling Eyes

Take it the enduro 250 you are referring to the exc 250 ? What are the 300's ment to be like ? Also i thought there is different power valve settings to change when it kicks in.

Sorry to the OP, going off topic about ktm's, although his bike is a orange ktm wanna-be

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 13:43 - 12 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes further north, but not usually with the 200.

I haven't actually ridden the EXC 250, but have ridden others. Ridden a 300 Gas Gas too.
The 300s are generally like the 250s (as they're usually not too far off being big-bore 250s), but with a fatter bottom-end, so they can really tractor-up hills, etc.

While I'm biggin up the power-band of the 200, it still does have enough bottom-end to dawdle on, if you want. Probably has at least as much as the above XRX before the powerband kicks in, it's just there can be quite a sudden transition if you're not properly prepared for it.... fun when you are, though Very Happy.

BlackStallion
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 19:58 - 12 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

wheely wrote:
Sorry to the OP, going off topic about ktm's, although his bike is a orange ktm wanna-be

No worries mate, i don't think anyone is going to keep on topic anyway, i mean who really knows about this bike? Laughing

I'm not a KTM wannabe though, i mean i guess it would be nice to have one, but i don't think i can afford one, and i'm not completely into motocross that i would have a proper dirt bike, just like the looks.

Don't think i could handle the easiest of dirt tracks to be honest! Embarassed

Cheers G by the way, i'm to much of a friendly guy to bitch back Very Happy

thanks for saying about meeting up too, but distance is an issue Rolling Eyes

I've heard from some people that the XRX is quite good off road and handles well, not that i know... Some videos on youtube i think too...

How much are KTM's and what speed can you get out of them?

Thanks again G, oh and wheely, for classing me as a KTM wannabe Wink maybe i should change my username Laughing

J D
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:03 - 12 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least his bike works G Razz

Wheely G's ktm is a beast when it works , wheelies so easy.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 20:07 - 12 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 200 does actually work fine and rode it home ok last time. Just that while I'm told it should probably be ok to run with holes an exhaust leaky in two places, I'd rather not take the risk of bangyness.

My KTM is probably geared for around 65-75mph in top, maybe (no speedo)- but it'll get there pretty quickly. Could probably get around 100mph out of it if you changed the gearing.

Prices depend on age and condition. A while ago I got an 87 350cc 2 stroke for £350. Was a fun bike and despite having no powervalve, could be ridden sedately below the powerband, or really 'ripped' if you get it to grip in the powerband.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 293 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1