Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

PLEASE HELP - SKYJET F5 Sport (125cc)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

katz
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 18:17 - 08 Sep 2009    Post subject: PLEASE HELP - SKYJET F5 Sport (125cc) Reply with quote

My son has a SKYJET F5 Sport (125cc), ok maybe a bad thing but i am sure there must be somebody out there who could say a few good things about them.

His is a 2007 he bought 2nd hand.

He has used it a fair bit since he got it 6 weeks ago but yesterday going along road the engine stopped dead which locked up the rear wheel. It wouldn't start or even turn over.

Yes we thought same as anybody else that he had siezed the engine. But the engine is now turning over, but not starting.

We have tried looking online for any help but all we get is pointed towards ebay or forums. So here i am i joined just so i could get any help to get him on road again.

Any suggestions - GOOD ONES - will be gratefuly recieved and hopefully help him get back on road instead of buses. Crying or Very sad Embarassed
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 19:07 - 08 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

you checked the spark plug?
fuel getting to the carb then to the bike?
Skyjet isnt too bad tbh, chinese i know, but still..if maintained it runs alright.
Also, you say you thought it siezed, my bike also "siezed" so i tried bumping, it started...but then DID sieze as it was out of oil.. Razz
Wrecked my engine..
i recommend you check for oil..use the sump drain plug, then put the 0.5l of 10w40 in the oil chamber.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stirlinggaz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:17 - 08 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
having owned one of these bikes (& a few other chinese bikes) i can honestly say that it was one of the better ones.
as long as its maintained properly, its fairly reliable.
i done 6000 miles through the scottish winter & it never failed on me once. (except when i crashed it, but that was my own fault)
the bad things on them are the crap brakes,cheap wiring & downright dangerous tyres fitted from new.
you say he used it a fair bit, but did he keep the oil topped up?
mines went through a fair bit of oil, even from new.
problem with this bike & most other chinese bikes is that even though they all mostly share the same engine,carb brakes & electricals, getting engine parts can be quite difficult.
does sound like it seized.
bonus is, its fairly cheap to get a replacement engine & its a doddle to swap over.(only 3 bolts)
can be cheaper to import it yourself from china than buy it from most places in uk though, so shop around.
iirc, its 156 or 157FMI engine & fairly generic cg125 clone stuck in a cbr clone chassis!
get yourself over to the chjinese bike forum, there a few experts in there, lol
cheers,
GAZ

katz
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:59 - 09 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both for your advice i will pass it on and hopefully get son back on the road and off the buses Wink
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 204 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1