Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Criminal Injuries Compensation?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  

Pie-Roe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:11 - 29 Jun 2010    Post subject: Criminal Injuries Compensation? Reply with quote

Does anyone know anything about the criminal injuries compensation fund?

I was attacked in a pub and got hit over the head twice with pint glasses, as well as having 4 ribs on one side fractured. I'm reluctant to go back to the pub where it happened. I'm not emotionally damaged, or psychologically damaged, just getting a lot of pain and headaches.

Anyone got any experience of how it works, or how much money (if any!) I would be entitled to? Googling seems to suggest they have black and white guidelines.

Pyro
Previous: GSF600, FZR600 x2, ZXR750, XT600 Tenere, CB125, CZ125, ETZ 250, ER5, CCM R30, DRZ400, RF600x4, RF900x2, GS500, VTR1000F, 640 SMC, CB250 NIGHTHAWK, GT550x3, GPX750 TE610, CB500, X11x2, SV650, ZING 125, TL1000R,CB250 Superdream, CBR1100XX

Dragonfly
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:33 - 29 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

They dont pay for emotional damage anyway. My other half got some compo years ago he went through victim support for help with it . he was near beaten to death though and on life support but he has a plate under his eye and several scarring and injuries, they paid out for the plate in the eye and some or scaring about 4k. They guy who had it done as the criminals where actually picking on his disabled brother in a wheelchair never got done though. Some other history involved there but uncalled for. He did die twice in hospital from them injuries but pulled through. He did have to get pics taken and not with digital camera that was part of proof.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:23 - 29 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have thought it would be worth going and seeing some solicitors, you should be able to get free initial consultations. From there you should have a better idea of what your options are.

Dragonfly wrote:
They dont pay for emotional damage anyway

Yes they do, claims are paid for psychological harm. Compensation is given for pain/suffering/emotional damage and all that type of stuff.

There are black and white guidelines which give upper and lower limits on the general damages payable for different types of injuries but general damages are only part of what compensation is paid for.

ian789
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 18:27 - 29 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Yes they do, claims are paid for psychological harm. Compensation is given for pain/suffering/emotional damage and all that type of stuff.

Nervous shock i think the legal term for it is Shocked

GhostRider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:14 - 29 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mate got into a scuffle outside a club, had about 6 guys chasing him, he leap frogs over a wall for the perfect getaway failing to realise there was a 30ft drop. My other mate found him unconcious with a couple of fingers snapped at 90 degree angles, snapped teeth, fractured wrist and a misaligned jaw. Think he got about £4k in the end, prob went through solicitor as his dad owns his own business and is familar with liasing with solicitors, and one of the guys was looking at a section 18 with a few years inside, which lead to death threats, kidnapping threats and bribery, all of which were laughed at but that, as they say, is another story.

GhostRider
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.

Dragonfly
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:19 - 29 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

ian789 wrote:
Ste wrote:

Nervous shock i think the legal term for it is Shocked

wow victim support told him they wouldn't and we seen a breakdown of what he got and none of it for for emotional even though he did have evidence of that to. He should have got more Confused b@stards Mad

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 20:27 - 29 Jun 2010    Post subject: Re: Criminal Injuries Compensation? Reply with quote

pyroforlife wrote:
Does anyone know anything about the criminal injuries compensation fund?

I was attacked in a pub and got hit over the head twice with pint glasses, as well as having 4 ribs on one side fractured. I'm reluctant to go back to the pub where it happened. I'm not emotionally damaged, or psychologically damaged, just getting a lot of pain and headaches.

Anyone got any experience of how it works, or how much money (if any!) I would be entitled to? Googling seems to suggest they have black and white guidelines.

Pyro

Apparently if you tell them it affects your sex life you get more.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

sniff6
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:17 - 29 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking to a guy only yesterday,He was jumped on by 3 blokes,ended up with a broken nose and 2 black eyes.He got £1000 from Criminal Injuries Compensation.Did not even go to court, as it was months later they got the lads and he said he could'nt pick them out of the line up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ulster exile
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 22:10 - 29 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if it's any different in NI than to the rest of the UK, but my brother got £15K a few years ago for being left with a permanent scar from his upper lip to his nose after somebody thumped him in a bar and split it wide open. The size of the award, I understand, was due to the emotional effect of being left with a permanent scar (or something like that).

Seemed OTT to me.

herulach
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:16 - 29 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was attacked in March and have recently put a claim in through CICA (feel a little bit dirty claiming, but at least its genuine). You absolutely don't need to use a solicitor. Give them a ring, very helpful staff.

What you'll need handy:
Crime Number,
Details of doctors (the injuries need to have required medical attention at least twice in 6 weeks, or have been seen initially and had effects lasting longer than 6 weeks, scars etc.)

The tariff of entitlements is at page 69 of this pdf.

My claim is still at a very early stage, and they're expected to take upwards of 6 months to resolve. According to the tariff I'm entitled to 2500 (cuts & bruises, 2 small scars across the bridge of my nose where my glasses dug into my face). However this is potentially revised down depending on assessment of severity. Guy on the phone seemed to think minimum award would be around £1500.

Anyway, give them a call, took about 20 minutes.

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:53 - 29 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Compo culture is pathetic.
Just fuck them over back but worse, it is called growing a pair.

Pie-Roe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:58 - 29 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ariel Badger wrote:
Just fuck them over back but worse, it is called growing a pair.

I don't see it as being pointless. For once the police have actually done their job, so I don't feel that 'fucking them over back but worse' is justified.

I didn't ask to be attacked, and I'm merely going to give a truthful statement of facts to the compensation people. I didn't ask for how I can screw the system over, and I also said I don't have any psychological damage, like the people who have a car crash and 'it makes them scared to drive' yet they will be out the next day in a car.

Pyro
Previous: GSF600, FZR600 x2, ZXR750, XT600 Tenere, CB125, CZ125, ETZ 250, ER5, CCM R30, DRZ400, RF600x4, RF900x2, GS500, VTR1000F, 640 SMC, CB250 NIGHTHAWK, GT550x3, GPX750 TE610, CB500, X11x2, SV650, ZING 125, TL1000R,CB250 Superdream, CBR1100XX

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:03 - 29 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Compensation is just money.
Watching two scrotes spit the remains of their teeth out is golden. Very Happy

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 23:04 - 29 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

That response sounds great on a forum, but not always that practical in reality as you become the criminal.

Bloke stabs his girlfriends brother, after the brother attacks her for getting pregnant by a black man.

He is facing charges. Main story is about the one who attacked his sister, as he plays some sport called football whatever that is.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1226645/Footballer-stabbed-legs-denies-headbutting-sister.html

herulach
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:05 - 29 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ariel Badger wrote:
Just fuck them over back but worse, it is called being a twat

fixed.

Besides, the guy that went after me is inside.

I initially felt a bit dirty submitting the claim, but I reckon that if you're entitled to it why not have it, I pay a damn sight more in taxes than all the scrotes who wouldn't think twice about having it, and all sorts of claims for emotional trauma besides.

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:12 - 29 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they were inside I would still be after them, prison walls do not make you safe.

I would feel like scum taking the cash whilst they are relatively going unpunished. Respect is earned and so is money. Compo money is not earned.

herulach
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:18 - 29 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ariel Badger wrote:
If they were inside I would still be after them, prison walls do not make you safe.
I would feel like scum taking the cash whilst they are relatively going unpunished. Respect is earned and so is money. Compo money is not earned.

If someone knocked you off your bike leaving you with facial scarring would you claim against their insurance for it? Or would that make you 'scum'.

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:35 - 29 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. I ride bikes and I know the risks. I have more scar than skin now and have lost count of the bones that broke.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 13 years, 275 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1