Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Megelli... WHO!?!?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Bike Bunker
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:27 - 30 Oct 2010    Post subject: Megelli... WHO!?!? Reply with quote

Megelli seems to be a new brand of bike, the designs look pretty tasty,as so the reviews. But the price all under £2500 BRAND NEW 2010 plate's ??? heres some pictures ..oh they only have 3 models for sale, any reviews or opinions people ? oh and the amazing website is ... www.megelli.com ,check it out!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ed Case
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:41 - 30 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Chinese tat supposedly designed in the UK.

Bike Bunker
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:46 - 30 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed Case wrote:
It's Chinese tat supposedly designed in the UK.

Not supposedly it was? and it doesnt matter where its built, due to the fact its designed over here shows we made it its just put together over there to make it cheaper and much more cost effective. Its still europe designed. Mr. Green
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Irn-Bru
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:56 - 30 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen the SM one in person and can confirm they're "chinese tat". Better looking than most chinky bikes but still lacking in the quality and power departments.

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 22:57 - 30 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, it would be all about parts availability. If you buy a £2500 bike, and a few months later, a £5 widgit needs replacing on it, and you cant get it, you would have been much better off getting a £2500 old bike.

delvey91
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 22:57 - 30 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theve been around for more than 2 years, From the well used examples ive seen the build quality is nearly there. You could do alot worse put it that way.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 23:18 - 30 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

What absolutely DOES matter is how good the quality standards through all aspects of the Chinese operation is.

That is what differentiates big western company's quality standards and those that purely sub-contract or buy direct from Chinese companies.

If it'd have been well designed, I'd expect it to have 14.6hp to make the most of current learner legal laws.

What the bike seems to be is a tarted up CBF125, but that actually costs £200 more with so far VERY questionable build quality.
A bike that so far I'd be advising people to avoid, even if they were stuck on buying a brand new 125.

What WAS interesting was the Blata 125s listed on that site.
Haven't seen that before; looks to be an interesting bike priced sensibly for the better spec, from a known (rep used to be pretty poor, but better recently) company.

T0MMY
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:34 - 30 Oct 2010    Post subject: Re: Megelli... WHO!?!? Reply with quote

I'm sort of giving you the benefit of the doubt for now, but the fact that you just joined 2 days ago and the cheesy wording of the following line...

Ash Mash wrote:
oh and the amazing website is ... www.megelli.com ,check it out!

...Makes it sound like you have a vested interest in promoting these crappy bikes Thinking

But anyway, yeah they're shit, they rust to bits and they're unreliable.

Bike Bunker
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:42 - 30 Oct 2010    Post subject: Re: Megelli... WHO!?!? Reply with quote

T0MMY wrote:
I'm sort of giving you the benefit of the doubt for now, but the fact that you just joined 2 days ago and the cheesy wording of the following line...

Ash Mash wrote:
oh and the amazing website is ... www.megelli.com ,check it out!

...Makes it sound like you have a vested interest in promoting these crappy bikes Thinking

But anyway, yeah they're shit, they rust to bits and they're unreliable.

Fair enough, but i dont like promoting crappy bikes.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 23:48 - 30 Oct 2010    Post subject: Re: Megelli... WHO!?!? Reply with quote

Oh yea, their website sucks for a company trying to look 'respectable'.

The fact that they apparently have to get people to spam forums doesn't really say much either.

D O G
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:23 - 31 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPAM, fuck off.

Frost
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:30 - 31 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody else seeing 3 of the same bike but with different plastics and in 1 case wheels?

Design them where you like, build them where you like, but build them out of metal and plastic rejected for poor quality by the people who make the toys that go inside kinder eggs and they're going to be just as shit as the rest of them. £2500 for something with the same build quality as those bikes you see for sale for £1000 brand new on ebay, and you're paying a lot for some pretty plastics. Plastic being a rather generous description.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

rac3r
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:37 - 31 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

After I did my CBT a few years back I had a deposit down when they were announced but they took ages to come out so I got it back and bought a CBR. Glad I did

Chequered Flag

Bike Bunker
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:58 - 31 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="rac3r"]After I did my CBT a few years back I had a deposit down when they were announced but they took ages to come out so I got it back and bought a CBR. Glad I did[/quote

Would you recomend CBR ??? Whats its good and bad points?

Nai
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:07 - 31 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Test rode one when I was looking at bikes (the racey looking one). It felt / sounded like a Chinese bike. That sort of 'tinny' noise and feel you know? Cant say anything about how long they last though as a test ride was all I gave it.

If you want to support a British company that does 125 race reps, try CCM. I love their cafe racers myself, but they have a bike called Spider which is nice looking. Its a sort of CBR 125 rep though so to small for me. They are meant to be an OK brand too. Not using cheap Chinese parts.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 11:15 - 31 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure?

All the CCM 125s I've seen have looked like re-badged Chinese bikes.

Paxovasa
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:15 - 31 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather buy from a reputable and proven manufacturer Thumbs Up

They do seem over priced for what is essentially a Chinese bike.

Nai
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:27 - 31 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
Are you sure?

All the CCM 125s I've seen have looked like re-badged Chinese bikes.

I was pretty sure they were not chinese bikes, but now you have asked I cant remember where I read / saw that....

I haven't actually seen any of them up close except the cafe racer. It looked good. I hadn't seen the Spider until a couple of months back, and even then only a few videos of it.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 11:36 - 31 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen a cafe racer or CBR-alike 125 from CCM to be fair.
They do do a cafe racer based on the DRZ engine which isn't chinese, but only a step up being 'British' Razz.
The only 125s I've seen have been trail/supermoto style.

hmmmnz
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:38 - 31 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

the engine is a crate motor from sym in taiwan, the taiwanese have been making motors for a while now, even though there practices are not as good as the japs or europeans, they are still miles better than the mainland chinky engines,
im always suspect of a company that only makes 125's
if i was to release a bike i would purposely wouldn't have a 125 in my line up

Nai
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:42 - 31 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derbi and Rieju have done well out of mainly 50' & 125's (though admittedly both have higher CC bikes in their ranges, the main business for them is the low cc bikes).

Nai
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:55 - 31 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

On CCM being British, I think this was the article I found goggling their cafe racer. The bit down the bottom made me think they were entirely made in Britain.

Quote:
"The factory is a real hive of activity right now, as everyone is working hard to put the finishing touches to the bikes we will present to both the press and the public at the NEC in just over seven days time. Both the FT35 and the R35 mark yet another chapter in CCM's rich history, and have certainly re-established the brand in the market as a niche British manufacturer of quality and bespoke bikes."

Beyond that one little article, you lot know more than me about bikes and stuff. Any idea of where the bikes are actually made?

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 11:58 - 31 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly far from entirely made in britain.
Those models use Suzuki engines I'm pretty sure.
Also you can expect to see WP suspension (owned by KTM, but not sure where they are based), Brembo brakes and various other foreign bits.

Often the general consideration is that the foreign (generally high spec or fairly reliable) bits are considered to be ok, then the british bits are a bit questionable.

Nai
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:00 - 31 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh OK, are the parts used no good either then? Are they properly made Suzuki engines and KTM parts or cheap knock offs?

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 12:04 - 31 Oct 2010    Post subject: Re: Megelli... WHO!?!? Reply with quote

Ash Mash wrote:
Megelli seems to be a new brand of bike, the designs look pretty tasty,as so the reviews. But the price all under £2500 BRAND NEW 2010 plate's ??? heres some pictures ..oh they only have 3 models for sale, any reviews or opinions people ? oh and the amazing website is ... www.megelli.com ,check it out!

Chinese shit. Crappy chinese steel, crappy chinese materials processes (forging, annealing, case hardening) and crappy chinese looking website.

You are skirting on the edge of being hit with a spam rating my friend...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 13 years, 152 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2