Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

another tzr125 project

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

corf
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 19:55 - 26 Aug 2010    Post subject: another tzr125 project Reply with quote

after a few months break from restoring bike with doing a rd125 and tzr 125, sold the tzr and keeping the rd125 mk3 as i had one when i was 17 and spent £1000 on her, i just bought this tzr 125 on a G reg 1990, its had a three spoke conversion, new shocker, new wiring loom etc had a complete engine rebuild and sound very good just need get a new exhaust as i dont now what on it i thing rg a exhaust going to look up what it is(if any one know please say so i can sell it on ebay it), going to respray it, apply my decal set that i sell on ebay polish fork and top yoke make look mint, will be take my time with it as going to be winter project.

https://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu8/corf/26082010326.jpg

corf
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 16:21 - 11 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

finally start to strip it down, spent a couple hours today stripping , found out what the exhaust is off a nsr250 look right the front been modified to fit the tzr, sound nice with it on, will be change to standard, also how many cdi are there for tzr as does not run when plug all wires in, it got 2rk cdi and 2rh wiring loom, did they do 2rh cdi

https://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu8/corf/11092010353.jpg

corf
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 17:20 - 12 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

complete stripping, gave it a jet wash when they powder coated the frame did it over the original paint, so managed to get most of one side of by with the jet wash,the other side is not budging how do yo remove powder coat, will see how much going to cost get blasted and re powder coated (payed £80 for my rd but i strip the paint off).

https://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu8/corf/12092010357.jpg

CHR15
Turbo nutter bastard

PostPosted: 18:12 - 12 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
will see how much going to cost get blasted and re powder coated

if its getting blasted you wont need to strip the paint.

triple s are charging £69 for blasting and non metallic p/c

https://www.triple-s.co.uk/prices.htm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
N cee thirty This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

woll
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:16 - 14 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

rob yarrr wrote:

i'm after a old 125 stroker to do up

Do your test 1st Thumbs Up
And i'll sell you a dtr125 just had new swingarm bearings bushes and been powdercoated
Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

corf
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 17:55 - 14 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

rob yarrr wrote:
how much you pay for the bike itself ?

i'm after a old 125 stroker to do up

i paid £350 for this , but i had a few at the £200 they sell very well, most i sold was for £870.00
N cee thirty This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

corf
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 13:18 - 03 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

update, frame has been painted and just bought a bench polisher, today had a go at the forks still bit left do on them, been busy buy bit for her, still need to get a few bits, also start to draw up the decals for the 1987 block design tzr should have them available in next couple off weeks

https://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu8/corf/03102010368.jpg
https://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu8/corf/26092010363.jpg

andysdad
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 01:30 - 07 Oct 2010    Post subject: me too =P Reply with quote

hey im in the middle of restoring a tzr 125aswell, its a 4hw i stripped it all down, rebuilt the top end of mines, polished the aluminium frame, new swingarm bushes, painted swinger, new shock, new rear and front pads, new pirelli tyres, modified tailpiece, running 2 rear lights, tail tidy, monster energy stickers with a few extras, double bubble screen, all panels repaired by me, resprayed in ninja green by Boyle Motors, , Custom one of exhaust, decatted expansion chamber, pinned open powervalve, carbon fibre reeds, exhaust port heightened, inlet ported knife edged, new piston and barrel, not much left to do,
fork seals, battery tray and exhaust bracket, and a few other odd bits, any way mate hope u finish this project as im waiting for a update =]

corf
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 13:27 - 10 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

frame complete, fork polished and top yoke, will start putting back together, next job bodywork

https://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu8/corf/10102010393.jpg
https://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu8/corf/10102010394.jpg

CHR15
Turbo nutter bastard

PostPosted: 13:31 - 10 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks great

nice to see someone looking after one properly Thumbs Up

Stuster
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 21:10 - 12 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

This bike looks great already, I am also still in the middle of restoring another TZR. I like the idea of polishing the forks look brill. I might pinch this idea too as the farther in law has a bench polisher. Would mean taking the front end back off but would compliment the bike really well I think. I want a set of TZR 125 Decals if you could send a few pic to my email address.

stuartsmith18@live.co.uk

Looking forward to seeing how this one turns out.

zene
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 22:33 - 20 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

[very nice work!!! how long did it take you to polish it? and what did you use?? i will do the same to mi mito
juan

corf
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 15:06 - 31 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

spent couple hours today putting back together, engine, micron exhaust (clips and spring and old flange seem done the trick for fitting), 2 bottle back on etc

https://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu8/corf/31102010415.jpg

https://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu8/corf/31102010417.jpg

2Smoke
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 17:36 - 31 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent many a mile on a TZR125, excellent little bikes!

Top job on the resto! Thumbs Up

TZRBOY
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 19:25 - 09 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys I have a TZR 125 with mega low miles on an F reg. Basically and im no expert but it has crash damage down the right hand side and a cracked casing (Cog sticking out) and bent pegs/gearleaver and needs fairing repaired + new handlebars etc. its mega low miles as i had it for a week back in 93 and spent 2 years recovering from my accident. The crash was at less than 30mph and I unfortunatly took the brunt of the dammage. Reluctantly I now need to sell the bike and wondered what I should expect to advertise it for. Still have all the fairing etc. Any advice welcome. Cheers

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:34 - 09 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that looks well built. I admire the attention to detail for a bike you hardly see anymore.

Well done that mane!

Frost
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:51 - 09 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome little bikes, though i'm not a fan of the exhaust positioning and bodywork. Given any thought's on changing them?

corf
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 18:52 - 10 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaFrostyOne wrote:
awesome little bikes, though i'm not a fan of the exhaust positioning and bodywork. Given any thought's on changing them?

decide to go back to standard exhaust, and sell the micron, bodywork will stay standard with my decals set on.

VTRkemshell10...
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 20:02 - 10 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

any new photo's?

corf
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 20:06 - 10 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

kemshell123 wrote:
any new photo's?

spent a couple hours on sunday fitting wiring loom, and trying get it running right (on the look out for 2rk cdi to try out or after a 2rk loom). next job start rubbing down panels and tank redy for paint.

corf
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 20:08 - 10 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

TZRBOY wrote:
Hi Guys I have a TZR 125 with mega low miles on an F reg. Basically and im no expert but it has crash damage down the right hand side and a cracked casing (Cog sticking out) and bent pegs/gearleaver and needs fairing repaired + new handlebars etc. its mega low miles as i had it for a week back in 93 and spent 2 years recovering from my accident. The crash was at less than 30mph and I unfortunatly took the brunt of the dammage. Reluctantly I now need to sell the bike and wondered what I should expect to advertise it for. Still have all the fairing etc. Any advice welcome. Cheers

any picture and where are you, (allways on the look for tzr)lol

corf
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 19:02 - 10 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

update not done a lot due to bad weather we had -12 etc and snow, got my work shop set up with some heat now,

sold my micron (bought for £30 gave it lick of paint(pj1) and polished end can sold for £85.00

bought a standard exhaust been polishing end can and also polished float bowl (could not get it picture right looks good might polish all my carb on my rd)
https://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu8/corf/08012011486.jpg

[size="5"]wanted
has any got middle and bottom faring mount bracket also after a right hand side panel also indicators. [/size]

ORourke
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 10:28 - 11 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job so far, you'll have a lovely clean bike in the end.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 13 years, 80 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2