Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Spell checker suggestion

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:50 - 15 Jul 2004    Post subject: Spell checker suggestion Reply with quote

The spell checker is good, but lots of user names are not real words, so it thinks that it is a spelling error. Would it be possible to make it when someone registers and their details are added to the database, to add their user name to the list of words the spell checker accepts? Thumbs Up

m i k e
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 16:05 - 15 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea ste, i've often wondered this, but I use the learn function for it, But using that it only builds a database of new spellings up on your computer alone doesn't it? If it does is there not a way of possibly connecting this to the server so that the spelling database increases in size for all users?

Mike

(Just did a spell check and it didn't even know how to spell 'ste' Laughing Razz)

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:15 - 15 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how the learn function works, and I have had to tell it to learn something a few times before it learns it, I don't know if it's that I have to tell it say five times before it learns, of that 5 people need to tell it to learn a word before it learns it.

It doesn't tell me that Ste is spelt wrong, it is quite happy with me typing it. Smile

Perhaps Korn could clarify the difference between the learn button, and the suggest burrot as there must be some difference in the two but I don't know it, does anyone know?

zaknafien

PostPosted: 16:23 - 15 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

It also checks words and tries to change them to the american version.
Superabusa This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Redundant). Unhide this post / all posts.

Dusty
King of the Rim

PostPosted: 22:36 - 30 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could track names possibly be added to the words it accepts aswell? It always picks me up for the likes of Cadwell.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 245 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1