Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Paypal Debt....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

connornrg
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 20:34 - 29 Dec 2010    Post subject: Paypal Debt.... Reply with quote

So my dippy brother has run me up a two hundred pound paypal debt however i was not even aware he put a paypal account in my name but another problem is i am just 16, this debt has since been passed to iQor and they are now ringing me everyday as he also provided them with my phone number. What is my legal standpoint?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:38 - 29 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are legally entitled to inscribe the word "CUNT" on his forehead with a soldering iron.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

ian789
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 20:39 - 29 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

How old is your brother?

Your under 18 so the credit agreement is invalid but your bro has committed fraud Thumbs Up

connornrg
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 20:40 - 29 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shaggy D.A. wrote:
I think you are legally entitled to inscribe the word "CUNT" on his forehead with a soldering iron.

Oh believe me i would if it werent mummys baby.....

ian789 wrote:
How old is your brother?

Your under 18 so the credit agreement is invalid but your bro has committed fraud Thumbs Up

He is 14, this is paypals fault as they couldnt be asked to look at a photo of a delivery confirmation of an item and so they removed non existent funds and expect me to pay it, but still if he didnt sell my goods without asking then there would be no debt!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

iCraig
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:30 - 29 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to be 18 to have a PayPal account, just write to them with proof of your age and it will be dropped.

I know this as a company I work for deals with PayPal debts.
Toothless Jack This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:28 - 29 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

connornrg wrote:
He is 14, this is paypals fault as they couldnt be asked to look at a photo of a delivery confirmation of an item and so they removed non existent funds and expect me to pay it, but still if he didnt sell my goods without asking then there would be no debt!

Just because there is proof that they were delivered, does not mean that the buyer recived the goods.....
Any muppet can sign for goods. many posties often do, to save having to lug parcels back to the depot.
So they could have been left on a step and taken...

Don't blame PP.... You should make any accounts you hold more secure so little toerags can't get into them.

I would be talking to him, with your mother there, to make sure that he repays the debt back...

herulach
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:39 - 29 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the sounds of it he's sold your shit, taken the money out/spent it then the buyer has said Item not recieved?

First of signature should be enough for paypal to reject item not received claim, however if he's that much of a spoon he may well not have followed the proper procedures.

Second, wheres the £200 he took out of the account?

Third, what the fuck are you asking on here rather than telling your mum/dad/teacher after he accidentally fell down the stairs?

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:06 - 30 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happened to me before.

About £450 withdrawn by a buyers credit card company so paypal gave me the debt. Called by the debt collectors (paypal had passed it on like they have with you)

I paid it then and there on the phone because it was in my name and wasn't the buyers fault but wasn't mine either so I sorted it out later.

Do what iCraig said, they can't do anything if you are not 18.

I wasn't 18 but paid anyway without realising I could have done that.

mysterious_rider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:09 - 30 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shaggy D.A. wrote:

Laughing Laughing

dgo1212
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 00:48 - 30 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you need a debit card for paypal, and isn't there a minimum age of 16 to have a debit card, if this is the case who's card did he use, and how did he get it, and the pin?

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:23 - 30 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHR15 wrote:
i don't understand how he could run up a debt without having your bank account details (madam)

Say you sell something, someone pays you and then they (if paid by credit card) can claim the money back if they have reason to do so.

OR

Some transactions are forced through e.g. once you pay for something, the payment is taken no matter what, even if you don't have enough money in your bank account. I paid out online for something, my bank hadn't shown online that I didn't have enough monies so I went overdrawn.

Paivi
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:33 - 30 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHR15 wrote:
i don't understand how he could run up a debt without having your bank account details (madam)

I bet most people in a household have access to each others' bank account details if they're that way inclined, even more so in a family household.

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 10:15 - 30 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

dgo1212 wrote:
Don't you need a debit card for paypal, and isn't there a minimum age of 16 to have a debit card, if this is the case who's card did he use, and how did he get it, and the pin?

I was selling stuff at 16, infact Paypal and ebay still think I was born in 1986. Smile
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.

MattHirst
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:31 - 30 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

dgo1212 wrote:

I had a visa electron card when i was 14/15 and iirc paypal accepted that. When i turned 16, they sent me a visa debit card.

To be honest, paypal/ebay should do more to prevent 'underage' people from using their services, they clearly state that you must be 18 to use it so why don't they do more to enforce it?

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 10:53 - 30 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speak to your parents surely? Tell them exactly what has happened.

MattHirst
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:57 - 30 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^+1.

If he's done this at 14, can you imagine how reckless he will be with money when he's capable of getting loans, credit cards, finance and stuff? The last thing he wants is to rack up £10k+ of debit the day he turns 18 Rolling Eyes

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 11:16 - 30 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

MattHirst wrote:
^^^+1.

If he's done this at 14, can you imagine how reckless he will be with money when he's capable of getting loans, credit cards, finance and stuff? The last thing he wants is to rack up £10k+ of debit the day he turns 18 Rolling Eyes

Whoa, knee jerk alert!!!

I racked up a £150 mobile bill when I was 14 by downloading polyphonic ringtones to my Sony Ericsson T300.

I don't do that anymore.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 13:09 - 30 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone under 18 can't be persued in court if they enter into a credit agreement and default as they can't be legally held to have entered into a contract.

If you simply chose not to pay, as far as I know the worst they could do is whinge at you (although this could get quite boring after a while) and refuse to deal with you again.

Do confirm this though. A good starting point would be your local citizens advice beaureau.

That's the legal position. I suspect that you however actually do want to be able to use paypal again and I would feel bad that there was an unpaid debt which rightly or wrongly was in my name.

As such, I would absolutely 100% have dobbed my brother into my parents if he'd done that to me. I garauntee said brother would have then had any pocket money and birthday/christmas presents suspended until such time as he'd repaid the money. There would have been significant ancilliary curtailments of privelages too. Actually, I suspect they'd have made him sell whatever goods he'd purchased using said fraudulent account to offset the debt.

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:38 - 30 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right mate,

If the debt doesnt get paid you will have a shit mark on your credit score before you even start needing it. Will cause probs in a few years when u want stuff on contract or a new bike on finance.

PP may hold your parents responsible for the debt due to the age of you and you shitty brother.

Tell your folks, they will sort it out and your bro will get a beating.

There is no other way to sort this out.

ncrn
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:49 - 30 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

First thing I would do would be to tell PayPal that your brother was the one who set up the account etc, then its his problem surely?

yuri2085
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:56 - 30 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

The later comments seem to have forgotten that paypal are CUNTS and love to steal peoples money with no possibility for redress.
With posted things proof of delivery should be enough for them as you are not expected to hand deliver it; did you send it to them within 14 days or whatever their limit is?

Ol
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:07 - 30 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is your brother called Ichmal ??

https://file011a.bebo.com/13/large/2007/09/21/22/4203889533a5613998047l.jpg

Brother or not, he's ripped you off, taken the piss, and unless you show him this was not a good idea (read: give the little shit a good slapping) he'll probably do it again, only next time it will probably be for more money Thumbs Up

Codemonkey
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 14:08 - 30 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

As said above, get rid of the debt collectors. A black mark from these guys will rear its ugly head in the future and cause you BIG problems when you want a credit card/loan/mortgage etc.

Pay the debt, cancel your debit card and delete its details from the paypal account he created in your name, then take his belongings and sell them to recover what you lost (Sell them extra cheap to make sure you sell everything important to him).

Finally, break his fingers one by one so he can't try it again.

silky666
Captain Rulebook

PostPosted: 15:20 - 30 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok.. I just need to clear something up ... as my head thinking thing is twizzling.

1) Are we saying that a child can get a card of some sort ... then sign up to paypal, buy something and not be accountable for the debt ?
2) Are the parents also in the clear ?

If so, my 2 little oinks (who I must say constantly disappoint me with their yobbish behaviour ... and to be honest I am at the end of my tether with them ... not matter what I do they seem to just misbehave ... right little bast*rds they are) ..
... anyway, I will have to ensure they do not buy an Akropovich full system for a KTM250 EXCF ... and definitely not the new Airoh off road helmet, with a 661 compression suit.

This is the main troublemaking little f*cker
you can just see he is the sort to do the above:

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t69/silky666/Family/ben_trex.jpg

Gaffa tape is like "the force" - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 13 years, 121 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2