Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Iveco daily rear brake caliper diagram needed

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  

Stalk
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 16:23 - 20 Feb 2011    Post subject: Iveco daily rear brake caliper diagram needed Reply with quote

Hello,
Did not want to put this in workshop as I was not sure if that was OK.
I have a 2001 Iveco daily 35s11 and am looking for an exploded view of the rear brake caliper as the handbrake will go on but not come off. It looks as though the mechanisam has sized where it goes through the body of the caliper and I thought it would be a good idea to study a drawing before I decide if I will attempt a repair or just replace. Repairing will save me about £150, but as the van with all the bits in it is just over 3 tonnes I am a bit hesitant to go in blind and start bodging. Have just spent 2 hours trawling the net with no luck, but I can get a cd manual on ebay quite cheap.
Maybe I am being a bit tight?
Thanks in advance
Stalk

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:09 - 20 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

can get one but wont be till 7 tomorrow night
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

dodgydog
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:26 - 20 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it the same Brembo caliper they use on Sprinters 06 on?

Dog

Raffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:49 - 20 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I run a small fleet of Iveco Dailys and the rear calipers are notoriously troublesome. Carrying out your own repairs isn't feasible or cost effective.
I seem to recall paying around 80-100 pounds to a company in the West Midlands for an exchange recon unit last year.
I now carry a spare pair of calipers as I can not afford to have any of my vehicles laid up.

Faldo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:43 - 20 Feb 2011    Post subject: Re: Iveco daily rear brake caliper diagram needed Reply with quote

Stalk wrote:
Hello,
Did not want to put this in workshop as I was not sure if that was OK.
I have a 2001 Iveco daily 35s11 and am looking for an exploded view of the rear brake caliper as the handbrake will go on but not come off. It looks as though the mechanisam has sized where it goes through the body of the caliper and I thought it would be a good idea to study a drawing before I decide if I will attempt a repair or just replace. Repairing will save me about £150, but as the van with all the bits in it is just over 3 tonnes I am a bit hesitant to go in blind and start bodging. Have just spent 2 hours trawling the net with no luck, but I can get a cd manual on ebay quite cheap.
Maybe I am being a bit tight?
Thanks in advance
Stalk

Not got an exploded diagram, best I can do is this:

https://img137.imageshack.us/img137/6508/3535289.png

They are a very common problem. If you decide to order one make sure you specify that it's a single wheel rear axle as the twin wheel axle calipers are different. If it helps, Budweg do a caliper service kit, but if it is indeed the handbrake mech that's buggered you probably will need a full replacement caliper.

dodgydog wrote:
Is it the same Brembo caliper they use on Sprinters 06 on?

Dog

'06 on Sprinter uses Bosch rear calipers (Brembo at the front).

Spooky_b329
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 20:59 - 01 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, just registered so I can reply to this thread...

The workshop manuals are available for free from https://www.ivecoforums.com. You just need to register and then download the manuals as a PDF. Hope this helps.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Stalk
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 00:13 - 02 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Spooky. Downloading now.

Spooky_b329
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 08:05 - 17 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got exactly the same problem now...was searching for replacement calipers and came across this thread again Smile

Noticing your rear wheel has smoke pouring off it whilst filling up with diesel is a little worrying Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Raffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:55 - 17 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spooky_b329 wrote:
I've got exactly the same problem now...

Noticing your rear wheel has smoke pouring off it whilst filling up with diesel is a little worrying Smile

If you go back to The Iveco Forum that you mentioned in your earlier post then you will find a post there that offers a possible solution to your problem.
All the best to you and do please let us know if this solution works.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 349 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1