Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Thorney island track day...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures
View previous topic : View next topic  

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 23:11 - 15 Aug 2004    Post subject: Thorney island track day... Reply with quote

Was today, 20+ supermotards, a VTR firestorm and a couple of other bikes = fun...

Basically a member of our SM club is something or other in the mod or something and got us use of the go-kart track and runway for the day... (for free too!) we started the day off with some go-karting...

mmmmmmmmmmm 60mph karts, slick tyres, pouring rain = amazing fun, was very good racing between us - remined me how fun karting is.

Then the track dried out and so did the runway, which entailed in the bikes going around the track and up and down the runway on the back/front wheel etc.

Track was great fun, gradually got faster and faster and faster and really learnt a lot today.. nearly broke my foot though as I managed to some how catch it between my pegs and the floor which twisted it badly and nearly chucked me off the bike... was ok tho and didn't fall off Wink

Mate on a XR650 backed it into one of the corners, the back end hit the tyre wall and spat him off over the bars!! DOH

Anyway, my last lap around the track (cool down) someone took this pic...

https://www.bikechatforums.com/download.php?id=6277

Which is quite cool I thought Very Happy

We've got loads of video footage which hopefully I'll be editing into a decent video soon.. including a mate on a WR426 wheelying down the WHOLE runway, across the road, then carried on down the other run way Laughing we clocked him at 96mph on the back wheel!!! considering the WR only does about 106 flat out that's not bad going!!

I learnt shit loads in the wheely department simply by going up and down the runway, can now wheely all the way to the end of 2nd Mr. Green but haven't got the jist of gear changing yet..

All in all, a bloody good day, makes me wonder why I still have the R6 as the WR is soooo much more fun, well reccomended - go try it/buy one Thumbs Up

Can't wait till the next track day, done Lydd and thorney now, next up will probably be Wire Yamaha in Barton Stacey!!

The good news (well for me and other SM'ers) is that the bloke who organised today is now building a PROPER Supermoto track at thorney island with off road section and everything!!!! Going to be wicked!

Hope to get more pictures and a video online soon for anyone interested.. should have some good footage I hope..

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 00:01 - 16 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

p.s. just found out.. the bloke that wheelied the WR426.... well we reckon he must have wheelied non stop for about 2.5 miles Shocked
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 260 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1