Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

sending license off to the dvla..

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
N cee thirty This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

ms51ves3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:17 - 16 Jun 2011    Post subject: Re: sending license off to the dvla.. Reply with quote

rob yarrr wrote:
i passed my bike test...

Surprised

I would have let the examiner send the licence off, so that way the licence goes to the DVLA, but you get to keep your pass certificate.

phonesurgeon
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 10:19 - 16 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another way could be a "certified copy"

Where you photocopy the originals and get a solicitor office or something to certify that it is a certified copy of the original...
Send the copy to DVLA and keep original
N cee thirty This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 10:42 - 16 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

phonesurgeon wrote:
Another way could be a "certified copy"

Where you photocopy the originals and get a solicitor office or something to certify that it is a certified copy of the original...
Send the copy to DVLA and keep original

That doesn't work. The best way to proceed would be to write to the DVLA asking them to confirm the categories currently on your license. Then, apply for the license and if it doesn't come back with the right categories refer them to the letter they sent you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:12 - 16 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just hang on to your current license - isn't there a [ ] Lost box that you can tick? I have three or four old "lost" copies lying around now, waiting to be "found" if necessary.

Or you have a local DVLA office, you can get in line between the woman person in a burqa, and the chap trying to convert a Bangladeshi provisional train guard license into full UK car entitlement, and explain your concern at the counter, see if there's anything they'll do for you there and then.

I'm thinking that Computer Will Say No, but it might be worth a try, and you're right to be cautious.

truslack
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:34 - 16 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add to this, tractor entitlement dissapeared off my licence when I passed my bike test... can I still drive one or do I have to apply for it to be added again?

carlosthejack...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:31 - 16 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my licence back today with a lovely big fat A entitlement on the back...

Sorry, I'm not helping am I?
Current rides: '05 VFR800 VTEC, '57 Mondeo 1.8 TDCi #58LEGEND
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:37 - 16 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

truslack wrote:
Just to add to this, tractor entitlement dissapeared off my licence when I passed my bike test... can I still drive one or do I have to apply for it to be added again?

I think you can drive one but it isn't on your license. If you ever got pulled in a tractor and they checked it out, they would probably just say get it renewed with tractor on it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

kal9001
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 02:21 - 23 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a lot of issues with my dad and the DVLA, my photocard needs renewing next year so not looking forward to the stree of "are they going to do it properly"

My dad is a HGV driver and had his licence suspended for a year due to a medical condition. In reality this has taken almost 18 months to get sorted out as the DVLA decision maker who isnt a qualified doctor was arguing with my dads consultant about it all. This was sorted 2 months ago now and he had his licence sent back with a letter saying its all sorted.
Hes back driving now but his photocard expires at the end of next month so he sent off for a renewal and as it didnt turn up after two weeks he rang them and was told they wont send it back because hes on a one year suspension so cant have it back yet its going through medical who will contact his consultant ect............... Rolling Eyes

How easy is it to sue DVLA for loss of earnings when they piss about with the licences of professional drivers?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 282 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1