BCF: Bike Chat Forums

My trike

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures
View previous topic : View next topic  

Odie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:10 - 19 Aug 2004    Post subject: My trike Reply with quote

Well you all seem to have bikes and scooters, but no-one seems to ride trikes.
Thats not a problem, you just don't know what your missing, the wind in your hair, bugs in your teeth, the freedom of riding with-out a lid on etc.
It puts the fun back into riding having a trike, i know its not to every-ones liking but if we all rode the same thing life would be boring. Cool

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 13:14 - 19 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

What size engine is it?

M1ke
Ped Boi

PostPosted: 13:15 - 19 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it wheelie Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Going2fast
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:36 - 19 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks sweet Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

89CBRChris
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 13:59 - 19 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice trike Thumbs Up

anyone know what sort of price you can get a trike for, or where you can buy them?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Odie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:57 - 19 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shes got a CX 650 engine in her (a lot better than the 500 ) she's good for about 105 mph, handles like shes on rails, yes she doe's wheelie, but you need a fat-so on the back!
and unfortunatlie she is for sale, got to sell her need the money.
They go from about £1,500 for a tatty un-registered car based one to over £15,000 for a hyabussa trike.
you can have her for £3,500

Smoto Bob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:37 - 19 Aug 2004    Post subject: trike Reply with quote

M1ke wrote:
Does it wheelie Cool

Thumbs Up what he said Cool

very cool, mate Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

zaknafien

PostPosted: 19:38 - 19 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind a trike when I'm older.

Nice one you got there mate. Thumbs Up

Slavo
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 23:14 - 19 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you post more pictures?

After bulldog bash I have really taken an attraction to them Smile

I won't buy one, as I believe if you ever own one your really have to build your own.

It looks like a really nice one mate Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Hex
Party Boy

PostPosted: 09:44 - 20 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh the worst of both worlds, get stuck in traffic and get wet. Laughing

Not my thing but would be cool in the summer and the riding without a lid is sweet - though I find above 30mph I can't see due to my eyes streaming with water. Laughing

Odie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:24 - 20 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slavo: i agree you should really build your own BUT some-times its easier to pick one up that is already done or an unfinished project.
You now have to contend with the M.S.V.A. regulations, which will make it harder for you to register a trike, also you need to know that your welding is up to parr because if its not, its not only your life your playing with but every-one else who is on the road when you are.
I have quite a few pictures of the trike in different states, i will have a look and see what i can dig up.

zaknafien: you can ride one legally at 17
The good looking woman on the trike is my good lady wife, some of us get all the luck Wink

Hex: i assume that you have never ridden on a trike before.
I white line quite frequently.
So you don't go out on your bike when its wet?
Or do you take the car?
Your right about the eyes over 30mph, thats why i wear shades and so do most other trike riders

Odie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:30 - 20 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

An after thought: any-one in the derby region ever fancy a go on the back (sorry but you cannot ride the trike as your insurance wont cover you) then let me know and i will see what i can arrange, if i haven't sold it!

Hex
Party Boy

PostPosted: 12:08 - 20 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odie wrote:

Hex: i assume that you have never ridden on a trike before.
I white line quite frequently.
So you don't go out on your bike when its wet?
Or do you take the car?
Your right about the eyes over 30mph, thats why i wear shades and so do most other trike riders

I see my humor was nicely lost on you there then. Rolling Eyes

Actually when it is wet I do take the car. Laughing

Odie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:29 - 20 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry i didn't get the joke, my apologies.

As for taking the car when its wet there is no excuse.
Other than keeping dry! Shocked

I am thinking about investing in a wet suit and flippers if this weather continues Laughing

So do you like my convertible?

Hex
Party Boy

PostPosted: 13:45 - 20 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I used to be a total dry day only person, though I'm starting to ride more in the wet etc. Went up home the other week and was riding in half a foot deep water on motorways... that was fun. Laughing

Truth is I use my car more than the bike simply because of all the stuff I carry for work etc.

You call that a convertible... i call it more of a al fresco design. Wink

Oh and if you get the flippers carefully they don't catch in the wheels or anything. Laughing

Odie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:35 - 20 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hex: who is this "Al Fresco" ?
Is he a friend of "F-ck Nose"?
You are right cars do have their uses, but i have had trikes for the last 15+ years, you get used to the weather!

PsychoHippy
Jammy Git

PostPosted: 21:38 - 22 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trikes have always appealed to me, but I would never do away with my bikes in favour of one. Maybe as well though Confused

odie, if you are ever down my neck of the woods (Wiltshire) with it, I'd certainly be up for a ride on the back Cool

mr.z
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:22 - 23 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odie wrote:
An after thought: any-one in the derby region ever fancy a go on the back (sorry but you cannot ride the trike as your insurance wont cover you) then let me know and i will see what i can arrange, if i haven't sold it!

Take spare pants. Shocked closest i can discribe it is like a rollercoster with tyres.

Odie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:50 - 24 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Take spare pants. closest i can discribe it is like a rollercoster with tyres.

Thats right folk's, roll up, roll up, come for spin.
guaranteed to scare the po-h out yer granny!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 290 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1