Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Rieju Rs2 Matrix

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

toughmat
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 15:20 - 03 Sep 2004    Post subject: Rieju Rs2 Matrix Reply with quote

I have a rieju rs2 matrix and it is going around 60mph and i want it 2 go faster... Can someone help me out please!!???? Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

NSR125-Kid-UK
Attention Whore

PostPosted: 15:24 - 03 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

60 for a 50 is about the fastest it'll do without taking the engine out and replacing it with a 250cc lump mate. Smile

"I'm either going to teach andy to get his knee down, or I'm going to get him killed. One of the two" - Teaman
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:29 - 03 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can make any 50cc reach 150mph easily. Just ride it off a big cliff or take it sky diving without a parachute. Razz

Seriously though, without spending stupid amounts on it you won't be able to make it go quicker. Save the money and put it towards getting a 125 and doing your test once you're 17. Thumbs Up

mrchips
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:32 - 03 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

my rs 50 dun 78 up urs

NSR125-Kid-UK
Attention Whore

PostPosted: 15:38 - 03 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrchips wrote:
my rs 50 dun 78 up urs

Out of the back of a plane? Laughing Rolling Eyes

"I'm either going to teach andy to get his knee down, or I'm going to get him killed. One of the two" - Teaman
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

dainesefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:45 - 03 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this a bike or some Manga film? Shocked

NSR125-Kid-UK
Attention Whore

PostPosted: 16:12 - 03 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a bike, it's a 50, not sure whether its geared, I think it is.

(I borrowed your picture Matt)

They look pretty decent, but build quality can be lacking in some areas, and they sound like a ped.

Still, to a youngster, they're sex on a stick, I know I wanted one when I was ickle Very Happy Thumbs Up .

mrchips
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:34 - 03 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't look very like a car to me.

divuk83
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:44 - 03 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want it to get to 70 then I would fit a bore kit, pipe, bigger carb etc. If you intend to keep this bike for a while then its worth spending the cash. If you intend to sell it fairly soon then I wouldn't bother as it won't add any value to the bike.

Dave
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

The Tot
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:50 - 03 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

If only the RS2 was a 4 stroke 125 (cough cough), then it'll definately be in contention with the CBR or be even better as the styling is more sleek. I defiately would have got it, even if it only had a CG or Yam lump in it Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

toughmat
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 17:02 - 03 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

i kno u can get more than 60 bcoz my bud had 75 out of his and 1 guy from street bikes from birmigham had 110 mph out of it so!!!! how much are the big bore kits for the rs2 matrix? if u kno please tell me! thanks

m i k e
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 17:22 - 03 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

toughmat wrote:
i kno u can get more than 60 bcoz my bud had 75 out of his and 1 guy from street bikes from birmigham had 110 mph out of it so!!!! how much are the big bore kits for the rs2 matrix? if u kno please tell me! thanks

Anyone smell something?

/me waves my hand in the air, I do! I do!!!

Rolling Eyes

Mike

RooRoo
Anal Intruder

PostPosted: 17:28 - 03 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

you had 110 out of your 50cc? thats quite fast really, but my mates speedfight does 120, or so he tells me.

Mnementh
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 17:29 - 03 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

toughmat wrote:

I call Shens on that statement.

Oh and please write in English you're not texting on a mobile phone, it's kind of annoying...

NickD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:30 - 03 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

toughmat wrote:

Think the smart thing to do would be to ask your 'bud', and the guy from streetbikes how they did it, particularly the guy from streetbikes, 'cos he must be a f***ing engineering genius (or a world class bullshitter).

Laura
Playboy Bunny

PostPosted: 17:46 - 03 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which bloke from street bike as I know them all.

NickD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:52 - 03 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laura wrote:
Which bloke from street bike as I know them all.

Apparently they've recently employed professor Stephen Hawking. Laughing

Keith
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:41 - 03 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

toughmat wrote:
i kno u can get more than 60 bcoz my bud had 75 out of his and 1 guy from street bikes from birmigham had 110 mph out of it

You do realise 50cc speedo's are only accurate to about 45mph.

A stock RS 125 or Mito wont even do 110mph so i doubt a stock 50cc will.

As for 50cc bore kits, you are looking to pay about £150 and they are fairly easy to get hold of. If you want a price list, send an e-mail to John Carr of www.bike-spares.co.uk as he specializes in tuning parts for small capacity bikes. Thumbs Up

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:41 - 03 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's true that someone from Street Bikes in Birmingham has a 50cc that can do 110mph as I they bought the powerband off me and fitted it. Razz

Key Walshe
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 19:31 - 03 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

It uses a Minarelli AM6 engine like an Aprilia Rs50, Yamaha TZR50, MotoHispania RX50 and Peugeot XR6 (aswell as the motox/super retard versions from the above manufacturers where applicable!) so any engine modifications can be done by using parts sold for them bikes and the exhausts should fit too.

If you order an Rs50 pipe though, check wether or not your engine has the smaller exhaust port as they got smaller to meet emission laws so I'd guess the RS2 has that type of port (though I have read otherwise). Don't expect much though, even with a 'big bore' kit, exhaust & carb don't expect much more speed than about 80mph and they'll be about similar performance to a restricted 125 2T or a 125 4T so unless you plan to keep the bike is it worth it?

Save for your test, then get a bigger bike to ride on that license (33bhp, so a 2T 125 even) then the restrictors legally come off quicker and depending on insurance you can have all the power you want from a bike by the time you're 19 (presuming you're 16 now).

Mnementh
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 19:32 - 03 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
It's true that someone from Street Bikes in Birmingham has a 50cc that can do 110mph as I they bought the powerband off me and fitted it. Razz

LOL did you give them the extra special one with the go even faster stripes?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:35 - 03 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Key Walshe wrote:
Save for your test, then get a bigger bike to ride on that license (33bhp, so a 2T 125 even)

2 stroke 125's make about 25bhp give or take a little bit, so not 33bhp.

Key Walshe
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 19:40 - 03 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really, I'd never have guessed... I spent 2 years on mine under the impression it was spot on 33bhp as that's what Cagiva told me? Laughing The last stock Mito Evo2 I saw dyno'ed (Ultimate Superbikes, Lancashire) made 27.8bhp at the wheel, that was standard and with 3,800km's on it, give or take...

I know that Ste, you don't need to patronise everyone ya' know, it was just to say that a 125 2T falls within that limit of 33bhp though there are lots of other bikes out there - Suzuki GS350, Honda VTR250, I believe one of the Honda Bros' does too and many more though many are either old or rare imports but I remember a list on here somewhere.

Keith
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:50 - 03 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Key Walshe wrote:
Save for your test, then get a bigger bike to ride on that license (33bhp, so a 2T 125 even)

2 stroke 125's make about 25bhp give or take a little bit, so not 33bhp.

The KTM and Gas Gas 125s both put out 35bhp +

But they are race designed bikes. Wink

Your right about the race replicas though. They can be anything from 24 to 28.

toughmat
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 20:09 - 03 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually a 125cc can do 110mph when di-restricted
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 240 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3