Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Webuyanybike.com - are they any good?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

dabigginger
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 16:45 - 13 Sep 2011    Post subject: Webuyanybike.com - are they any good? Reply with quote

Has anyone had any dealings with webuyanybike.com? I'm just wondering if anyone's sold a bike with them or if they've been a waste of time.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 16:53 - 13 Sep 2011    Post subject: Re: Webuyanybike.com - are they any good? Reply with quote

dabigginger wrote:
Has anyone had any dealings with webuyanybike.com? I'm just wondering if anyone's sold a bike with them or if they've been a waste of time.

They'll give you a good sounding quote over the web, and then they'll come and look at your bike and tell you its worthless because of the small stone chip on the mudguard, and take a third off of their quoted web price.

Not worth it unless the bike is dying of an undiagnosable terminal disease and you need to be shot quickly.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

kerr
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:01 - 13 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a con forget it

DrDonnyBrago
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:21 - 13 Sep 2011    Post subject: Re: Webuyanybike.com - are they any good? Reply with quote

Ignore and move on.

angryjonny
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:22 - 13 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they operate the WeBuyAnyCar business model then they'll assume you're desperate for cash so they'll offer you a below trade-in value on your vehicle (I checked my old BMW out of curiousity and they offered less than half what I PXed it for) and then when you actually turn up they'll prowl around it making tutting noises and sucking through their teeth pointing out any blemish, making stuff up, knocking their offer lower and lower until you eventually exchange your pride and joy for beer money.

A friend of mine sold a car to WeBuyAnyCar and said it was like being raped.

Ericck
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:04 - 13 Sep 2011    Post subject: Webuyanybike.com Reply with quote

Don't know about the bike side but I sold my car to webuyanycar a couple of years ago and they gave me what they said they were going to.

It was a Hyundai Getz 1.5 diesel. I was honest with the condition and the guy couldn't find anything else wrong (they don't even drive it, which was just as well as it pulled badly to the left).

They do knock off the remaining tax value so you have to cash that in. They also kept me waiting about for ages when I was supposed to have a timed appointment. Money was in the bank the next day though.

Like everyone I have heard bad stories about them but you don't have to take their offer, be honest about the condition and then stick to you guns.
Previous Bikes: Yamaha FS1E, Mobylette Moped Thingy, Suzuki GS125, Kawasaki Zephyr 550, Kawasaki Zephyr 750, Kawasaki ER500, Suzuki Bandit 600, Honda CBR600F, Triumph Street Triple 675, Suzuki V Strom 650.

mrtEE
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:24 - 13 Sep 2011    Post subject: Re: Webuyanybike.com Reply with quote

Ericck wrote:
I was honest with the condition and the guy couldn't find anything else wrong (they don't even drive it, which was just as well as it pulled badly to the left).

For some reason that seems contradictory Confused
Quornholio This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Frog
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 23:03 - 13 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a quote on my 10 month old mint condition CBF125 with 2400 miles on the clock. Originally 2,300 or so, but apparently now worth £692 Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nexus Icon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:07 - 13 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frog wrote:
I got a quote on my 10 month old mint condition CBF125 with 2400 miles on the clock. Originally 2,300 or so, but apparently now worth £692 Shocked

I'll give you £700 and take a chance. Thumbs Up

Frog
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 23:09 - 13 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I would,but I jumped at their very kind offer. Well, sort of...

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 23:26 - 13 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=36307550

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:48 - 14 Sep 2011    Post subject: Re: Webuyanybike.com Reply with quote

Ericck wrote:
Don't know about the bike side but I sold my car to webuyanycar a couple of years ago and they gave me what they said they were going to.

It was a Hyundai Getz 1.5 diesel. I was honest with the condition and the guy couldn't find anything else wrong (they don't even drive it, which was just as well as it pulled badly to the left).

They do knock off the remaining tax value so you have to cash that in. They also kept me waiting about for ages when I was supposed to have a timed appointment. Money was in the bank the next day though.

Like everyone I have heard bad stories about them but you don't have to take their offer, be honest about the condition and then stick to you guns.

I sold my RX8 to them. Got more them from than I could privately or trade in.

As said the bike side will operate the same business model. Not convinced it'll be as successful since more people have their bikes as toys so can wait for a sale.

angryjonny
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:46 - 14 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a family and you're desperate for cash, what goes first - bike or car? Bike does. And if you really need to feed your kids you'll swap your bike for a crate of pot noodles. They know this. Same deal with these cash-for-gold places. They're out to make money out of those most desperate.

carlosthejack...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:29 - 14 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

As ever, if a deal seems too good to be true it usually is. Wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.
Current rides: '05 VFR800 VTEC, '57 Mondeo 1.8 TDCi #58LEGEND
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

multijoy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:50 - 14 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not the same company as the car one. They wouldn't even respond to my query about my knackered CB500 (yours for £300, will swap for cub 90 or similar!)

They came in on the low side for my 690. Better than the px, but £700 less than I got for a private sale.

carlosthejack...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:21 - 14 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, due to the similarity in names, I associate them both together, and the adverts, slogans and "music" make me vomit, so I reiterate, wouldn't give them my business while I have blood in my veins...
Current rides: '05 VFR800 VTEC, '57 Mondeo 1.8 TDCi #58LEGEND
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 11:34 - 14 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mate sold a car to them for £42, he still maintains he got the better deal Laughing

Acemastr
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:22 - 14 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

they'll offer me £2644 for a mint 15k mile CBR600RR5

Can get a grand more part ex, let alone private

DrDonnyBrago
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:26 - 14 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

angryjonny wrote:
If you have a family and you're desperate for cash, what goes first - car or family?

EFA

Knot600RR
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 14:09 - 14 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that's your only option, if you're broke and need the ackers quickly, then maybe a trip to a dealer for a book price deal maybe better.

It's always going to be better selling on privately, but like I say, if that's your only way out of a sticky situation then go ahead.

You'd almost certainly regret it later though - sellers remorse for sure.

I had to do it years ago with photography kit to get me out of a situation, and to be honest, resolving the issue myself rather than going cap in hand to my folks felt somewhat better.

Horses for courses.

Good luck....

dabigginger
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 21:59 - 14 Sep 2011    Post subject: Re: Webuyanybike.com Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I'm not in any mega rush to sell it, but just want to sell it quickly, easily without timewasters etc. Sounds like for the sake of the difference I'd get, it might be worth the hassle!

Mk1GSF wrote:

What bike are you selling?

CB500S - this one Smile https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=228732

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:04 - 14 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was all an elaborate way to spam your bike wasn't it. Go on, you can tell us. Laughing

mad4it028
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:09 - 14 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can tell you now they wont offer anywhere near the 900 your asking
thing with selling to a dealer myself included is there has to be enough profit init to be worth there time , so they buy cheap i personly sell on at profit but not max profit saying that i rarely have a bike more than a few days for sale
the bike im selloing at the moment is a bit of an exception as i payed a fair bit for it and done a fair bit to it

superstacker
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 18:52 - 15 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 month old brand new Z750 bought for over 6k....

now worth 3210 according to them, of course I didn't give them my real phone number Wink
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 198 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2