Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

honda xr 125 l indicators stopped working!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

lyndonroberts...
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 17:33 - 10 Oct 2011    Post subject: honda xr 125 l indicators stopped working! Reply with quote

hey guys first post here

i went to work this morning with my indicators working no problems, went to start my bike earlier and went to indicator out of where i work and nothing! no signal on the display in front of me to show the indicators are on and none of the bulbs illuminate.

y first protocol was to check if the fuse had blown. it was visually fine but i thought i better check by replacing with a new one. no luck

am abit stuck where to go from here. could it be a problem with the switch itself? or possibly the bulb on the display not lighting up? would this stop my indicators coming on?
Dr. Quack This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

lyndonroberts...
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 17:56 - 10 Oct 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

the indicators just randomly came on :S like u mentioned could be abit of damp however i have had to slide the button 2/3 times to the right to indicate right if that makes sense. rather than the usual once.
Dr. Quack This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

donniemateno
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 06:57 - 11 Oct 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

any idea where it may be located? manual with the bike is no help and i dont no if you know but from my own research theirs no sort of haynes manual on this bike which is shit! there is on the old models but not the 00's reg's.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 10:06 - 11 Oct 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would look towards the switch personally.

When my relay went the dash light came on solid as did the indi's

Try the relay as its pretty cheap to find a generic one but you could have some worn area in the actual switch or just water... spray the switch with some WD40.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

serlant
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 11:39 - 11 Oct 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

What paddy said, i've had this on my VTR1000 and my XJ600, corrosion on the contact in the switch, hence switching it 2 or 3 times scratched some off? i'd take the switch apart and give the contact a clean i used some wet and dry.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 162 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1