Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Abuse of karma

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 02:43 - 20 Aug 2004    Post subject: Abuse of karma Reply with quote

One saxmonster seems to think that as I suggested rating someones post as good instead of replying "thanks" was a good reason to go and rate lots of my posts as https://bikechatforums.com/images/rating_bad.gif:roll:. Any mods able to revoke this please? Thumbs Up
Jammy-G This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 15:27 - 20 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

People will use the karma system the way they want to, not they way you think they should.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:32 - 20 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't matter as such. Was just mentioning it because Korn says about not using the karma system for vendettas which is clearly what saxmonster is doing and also to bugsy46. I'm sure that if I went and rated lots of saxmonsters post as boring and not rating any other posts then I'm sure they'd be revoked. Or if not are we allowed vendettas now then?

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter

PostPosted: 15:37 - 20 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

You and yams do the same, as soon as a post get's rated down you ask for it to be revoked, who gives a toss, you've got enough Karma as it is, not like you're gonna melt if u lose a precious spangly gold blob.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 15:44 - 20 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only ever asked for 1 rating to be revoked, that was when hustler accidentaly rated a post down Rolling Eyes I've never asked for a rating to be revoked.. take a look at my profile, probably a few negative ratings... not too bothered Rolling Eyes

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:44 - 20 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not "oh my god my karma level might go down!!!" and no I don't turn around and ask for rating to be revoked if one of my posts is rated https://bikechatforums.com/images/rating_bad.gif. Just Korn rightly says about no vendettas which is what saxmonster is doing, but if I started a vendettas aginst saxmonster and went and rated lots of his posts https://bikechatforums.com/images/rating_bad.gif then I'm sure that all my rating would be revoked. Or does this mean we're allowed vendettas now?

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 16:45 - 20 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Or if not are we allowed vendettas now then?

From memory, he rated 2 post down that were perhaps a bit marginal, and 2 'boring'.

Well, who are we to say if he found your post 'boring' or not. So they stay. The other 2 barely constitute a vendetta.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:13 - 20 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is it now okay to go back over someones posts, say saxmonsters and if I find them all boring to rate them as boring? Twisted Evil

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:19 - 20 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes

Go on do it. Be really naughty...

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 17:29 - 20 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
So is it now okay to go back over someones posts, say saxmonsters and if I find them all boring to rate them as boring? Twisted Evil

Are you really that petty?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:38 - 20 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope but if I was surely that is what vendetta is (well what I would class as a vendetta) and if it's not how many posts of someones do you have to rate negative before it is classed as being a vendetta? Confused Question

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 17:41 - 20 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's mostly automatic. Relax.

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 12:02 - 29 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was going to start a new thread, but it didn't really justify it as this one was sitting here.

It seems like the Karma definitions are not being used correctly, recently I see a lot of people rating posts as absuive when they are blatantly not, more encouragement to reading rating posts FAQ? Confused Idea
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

katana
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 22:13 - 21 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel guilty now as I rarely rate anyone posts I just read and post if I can help or have an opinion. I also have not added any friends or been added to anyone as friends.

Does this affect my karma rating?

Not really bothered would just like to know.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 192 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1