BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Where is hot in March?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

GhostRider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:33 - 24 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well before I started to warm up the spoon I was going to suggest Fuerteventura but checking the local temps at the moment it's only 20oC, whereas when I went last June/July it was baking in the 30's, got the most sunburned ever in my life which wasn't too impressive but still the place was awesome and there was plenty to do for a week.

GhostRider
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.

Jenks
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:44 - 24 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Place is sometimes so Bad !

Stay on topic guys!!

Right. Ghostrider...

Spoon in bum. Then lick it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

fatpies
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:02 - 24 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suntan Sid wrote:

We had 12 hours of torrential rain on Saturday night, going by the water level in the swimming pool, we had 8 inches of rain, that's a months worth in half a day, there was a landslide a couple of miles up the main road from my house. Shocked

Sid...

Would you mind having a poke about Cyprus Airbase? Cyprus apparently has a dropzone on it. The thing is nobody is actually sure if it is open or not. Or the status.

In 2010 they closed to civilians then reopened end of 2010. And nobody has heard anything since. They don't respond to emails and nobody can get any phone calls through. We've had a couple of Paras go out there and say it is open. But then we've had a couple of Marines and army who went out for a booze up and said it wasn't open.

Me likes military dropzones, namely because I can pass on many of the costs of jumping onto the RAF and the government. Very Happy RAPA in Germany has very cheap jump tickets, Netheravon used to as well until they noticed there were more civvies than military there.

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 15:14 - 24 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

angryjonny wrote:

Personally, I'd +1 the Canaries as well. I'm off to Gran Canaria at the end of April but March should still be ok weather-wise.

Just not Gran Canaria. It's a shit hole. Go to Tenerife or Fuerto Ventura.

And yeh, the 'deals' are loss leaders. The cheaper your all inclusive place is, the more likely you'll need to drop an extra grand to keep yourself sane.
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

shereen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:18 - 24 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jenks wrote:
This Place is sometimes so Bad !

Stay on topic guys!!

Right. Ghostrider...

Spoon in bum. Then lick it.

I have to agree with Jenks Laughing

GhostRider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:31 - 24 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you'll have to be patient because my photoshop skills aren't that crazy quick.

GhostRider
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.

Dilyan
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:19 - 24 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

cba reading the whole from the top, so straight to the point - if you don't fancy Egypt (can't be serious on those 7-8 hours, surely!), try other parts of Northern Africa. After the the riots in Tunisia it is supposed to be a bargain! They know how to please a tourist and awesome 5 star hotels now cost the same as 3, 3+ stars.
Of course there's always a chance of getting mugged, kidnapped and shot, but if you fly from London should be used to living on the edge. At least there you get some sunshine.
My uncle came back from Fuert.. something after being there for New Year - had sunburn and everything. So that can't be too bad either Smile

shereen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:17 - 24 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have just found a place in Maspalamos, Gran Canaria called Club Rio. 1 week all inclusive £382, reviews look spot on and in a fairly quiet location - which is perfect!! Fly on the 9th.

Cheers for all the help!

Ghostrider - Still waiting Wink

neatbik
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:57 - 24 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonny wrote:

Just not Gran Canaria. It's a shit hole.

You obviously didn't go to the nice bits then.

Shereen, Maspalomas is ok, Riu hotels are awesome and made of win.
Go for a camel ride over the sand dunes, we also hired a car for a day and drove into the middle of the island. Epic views...

https://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q399/beatnck2/186.jpg

Clanger
Stirrer

PostPosted: 22:55 - 24 Jan 2012    Post subject: Re: Where is hot in March? Reply with quote

shereen wrote:
I need a holiday so have booked a week off from the 12th March.

I have a budget of about £500 and ideally want all inclusive but definately want hot - enough to tan!!

Any suggestions? I have looked at Egypt but the flying time is putting me off... 7.5 hours Thumbs Down

Phew....no fear of bumping into you on my holiday then... Wink
Over £500. Check.
Almost 10hrs flight. Check.
No offence, but I like to be far from the maddening crowd when I go on my holidays. Laughing Thumbs Up
If I bumped into someone like James McAvoy or Matthew McNulty or Joseph Morgan it'd be a completely different matter... Wink

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 04:09 - 25 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

beatnck2 wrote:

Your bar is very low.

I spent a month there. When I was young and less cynical. Travelling the whole island by bus. Catching lizards. Couldn't have seen more of the place really.

Stayed in Maspalomas because it was cheap. Have also been to Tenerife, which was just much much nicer. And less gay.

Yeh, Gran Canaria is the gay capital of Europe, no problem with gays, but when 3 bars you head in to in one week all wheel out a drag show mid way through the night... Or Karaoke. Those are your options.
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...

shereen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:41 - 25 Jan 2012    Post subject: Re: Where is hot in March? Reply with quote

Clanger wrote:

Phew....no fear of bumping into you on my holiday then... Wink
Over £500. Check.
Almost 10hrs flight. Check.
No offence, but I like to be far from the maddening crowd when I go on my holidays. Laughing Thumbs Up
If I bumped into someone like James McAvoy or Matthew McNulty or Joseph Morgan it'd be a completely different matter... Wink

This is just a break for me, I dont mind long flying but it has to be worth it (3 week holiday to Thailand last year). More than 7 hours for a week away is not worth it IMO as you lose a couple of days before you even get there.

I will be going, hopefully to India later this year for 3 weeks Very Happy

Where are you off to?

Bonny, I dont plan on spending too much time outside of the hotel, I just want to relax and wont be doing much partying and drag shows wouldnt worry me in the slightest. (I might even fit in Laughing )

I will do as Beatnck2 suggests and go for a camel ride over the dunes, I probably wont hire a car - but maybe a MOTORBIKE and go for a wander!! Laughing

neatbik
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:50 - 25 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonny wrote:
beatnck2 wrote:

Your bar is very low.

I spent a month there. When I was young and less cynical. Travelling the whole island by bus. Catching lizards. Couldn't have seen more of the place really.

Stayed in Maspalomas because it was cheap. Have also been to Tenerife, which was just much much nicer. And less gay.

Yeh, Gran Canaria is the gay capital of Europe, no problem with gays, but when 3 bars you head in to in one week all wheel out a drag show mid way through the night... Or Karaoke. Those are your options.

To be fair we didnt leave the hotel at night other than go for a stroll on the beach, so i cant comment on the night life. Other than that me and the wife enjoyed the place.

Shereen, you can also go out in small off road (but road legal) buggies, its a guided run up into the mountains. We didnt do it because we ran out of time, but it looked like it had the potential to be fun.
I'm not sure how hot it will be in March, but we went in September and when we went for a walk in the dunes it was as hot as hell, it reminded me of the Sahara. So take a bottle of water with you, might sound common sense but its a fair old walk.
Thumbs Up

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 11:53 - 25 Jan 2012    Post subject: Re: Where is hot in March? Reply with quote

shereen wrote:

I will do as Beatnck2 suggests and go for a camel ride over the dunes, I probably wont hire a car - but maybe a MOTORBIKE and go for a wander!! Laughing

I'd exercise a lot of caution with the mountain roads. Them bitches be crazy.

And by bitches, I mean buses. One polite bib before they swing into your lane around blind hairpin bends with 200 m cliffs both up and down... no thanks.

neatbik
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:38 - 25 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a bit hairy at times i will admit, and that was in a car.
Laughing

kitty kat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:40 - 26 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about The Gambia all inclusive about £480 and only a 6 hour flight due south

621andy
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 14:56 - 17 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fatpies The club at Dhekelia is an army club. They're only allowed a certain number of civvy members.
They share the airfield with the Army GSA gliding club, which effectively takes over the airfield when they've finished playing, which is usually at lunchtime. the club house is usually deserted in the afternoons.
The reason for this is the sea breeze which howls ACROSS the airfield; The airfield is there as an escape route for the military should things go tits-up turkey/Greece wise. The problem is that the only place to put the airfield was right up against the border and next to Dhekelia garrison...which means it has a 90 deg crosswind most of the time!

Alpha-9
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:41 - 17 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

The equator, probably Thumbs Up

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:29 - 17 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

As mentioned above.
Fuerteventura
https://www.fuerteventura.com/weather/index.asp

This was december last year.
https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=209953

Say hi to steve, the bike hire guy, when you get there Very Happy

lydanial
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 20:13 - 17 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

GhostRider wrote:
If you manage to get a weeks all inclusive for £500 or less I'll post photos of me putting a spoon in my bum then licking it.

GhostRider

my wifes booked all inclusive in eagypt at an amazing hotel for £499...

maybe some research before offering ass to mouth action.

kitty kat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:11 - 18 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaNsA wrote:
As mentioned above.
Fuerteventura

We were there last March and had 5 days where it rained, this year we are off to Gambia in 2 weeks as it should be a little warmer than the Canary Islands.

DXB
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 09:35 - 18 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

06.50 Hrs this morning, 27 Deg C, and i am guessing about 70% humidity, Ghana.

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:50 - 18 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.baros.com/

Smile

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:32 - 18 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonny wrote:
beatnck2 wrote:

Your bar is very low.

i went on honeymoon to maspalomas i didnt see any of the drag acts or kareoke but we stayed in a 5 star hotel

we found a craking bar at kasbar(sp) overlooking the market it was owned by a german bloke who we got on really well with

also took a walk on the beach thinking it was just a small section
it wasnt it was most of it and full of old wrinkly germans Sick

we went to zante for less then 500 quid that was quite nice theplace we stayed in was small and only had twelve rooms but its own pool and the owner was brilliant and kept giving me strange free drinks
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 41 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2