Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Top speed of derbi senda?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  
Fairies attack This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:51 - 09 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usher4566 wrote:
shippy wrote:
Thanks for the answers that were actually something to do with the question,

If I wanted stupid answers then I would of wrote something like 'I'm only joking about this and please give me a stupid answer for the fun of it'

If your not going to help then what's the point in replying?
I compleatly agree with you on this coz all i get on my post are people correcting my spellings ,or people with there head deep in there own arse and there is no need for it .as all we are looking for is knowledge .with the exeption of a small minority of helpfull people .I had many of my 50s hitting 60/65 wen was youger ime sure you can get your derbi doing that sort of speed
Oooh, I did that, to you. Laughing. Because, you silly billy, theres a spelling gadget in IE, Firefox, Chrome and BCF. What excuse could you possibly have for ignoring them all? Post like an infant, get treat like one.

As for the OP, I gather you're asking for help to invalidate your insurance, and moan about decent feedback.. Really?

Usher4566
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 07:23 - 09 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ride out side of his liecence where did he state his age ime 28 and I sometimes buy small bike but I guess one assumes that he is 16 .also there are people on the
Net that have speacial needs like dislexia do you think its good to try make um look small becase of there spelling maybe it helps you feel better about your self but doesn't make them feel good .yes there is a spell check but people with dislexia find it hard to pick the right words .

CB77
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 07:43 - 09 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, the number of people with genuine, bonafide dyslexia (in any of it's forms) are massively outnumbered by those with appalling levels of literacy and lazy ignorant twats.
I get sick of listening to/reading things on a daily basis from morons who have 'dislecksia innit', when all they really need is a kick up the arse educationally, and to watch less TV. Maybe read a book without pictures once in a while.

Everyone needs an excuse nowadays for failing at something. Anything other than 'didn't try hard enough'.

Sorry, must be my 'ADHD innit' :|

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:48 - 09 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usher4566 wrote:
also there are people on the Net that have speacial needs like dislexia

Right, and us picky spackers who feel the overwhelming urge to correct you have "autism spectrum disorder". Everyone's Special these days.

It's a reasonable assumption that the OP is just the usual 16 year old pedboi until proven otherwise.

OP, assuming that you're still reading, don't waste your money on a ped, save up for either:

1) Passing your tests ASAP if you turn 17 before January 19th 2013.
2) If you miss that date and get stuck on a 125 until you're 19, buy the best one you can afford (which I expect will be an RS125 which you'll then derestrict to do 300mph innit).

Last edited by Rogerborg on 10:17 - 09 Mar 2012; edited 2 times in total

Usher4566
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 08:49 - 09 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be onest you are some sort of sicko .so a disabled man is disabled he just lazy .people are aloud apinions but i think you should keep yours to your self

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 09:46 - 09 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usher4566 wrote:
also there are people on the net that have speacial needs like dislexia do you think its good to try make um look small becase of there spelling

No but browsers have some awesome spell checkers, as does this forum Wink So I'd personally say lazy.

My parents are both crippled but can string a sentence together... its called reading before you click send Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

shippy
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 10:05 - 09 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usher4566 wrote:
Ride out side of his liecence? where did he state his age ime 28 and I sometimes buy small bike but I guess one assumes that he is 16 .

Good point, im actually 17 so it would be perfectly legal to ride it on my licence.

i would have got a 125 but i simply cant afford one

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:27 - 09 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

But you can afford to pour good money after bad, ragging the nuts off of a ped until you shag it out and reduce it to "spares or repair", while making false declarations to your insurer?

Peds are for 16 year olds who can't ride anything bigger, and people with disposable income to spend on them purely to have a laugh. You though have a 316 day window of opportunity to get yourself a proper license on a 125 before the new test regime comes in and stuffs you up big style. If you're short on money then it's even more important that you focus on getting that done.

It's entirely your choice, but don't expect or demand that anyone help you screw yourself over by pimping your ped.

Sako
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:04 - 09 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
But you can afford to pour good money after bad, ragging the nuts off of a ped until you shag it out and reduce it to "spares or repair", while making false declarations to your insurer?

Peds are for 16 year olds who can't ride anything bigger, and people with disposable income to spend on them purely to have a laugh. You though have a 316 day window of opportunity to get yourself a proper license on a 125 before the new test regime comes in and stuffs you up big style. If you're short on money then it's even more important that you focus on getting that done.

It's entirely your choice, but don't expect or demand that anyone help you screw yourself over by pimping your ped.

+1 this is really good advice.

I really wouldn't go wasting money on doing up a moped, that money could be better spent on getting your license and a proper bike - which you will ultimately be much happier with.

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 12:07 - 09 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usher4566 wrote:
also there are people on the
Net that have speacial needs like dislexia

I have Dyslexia too, you are just lazy, you know what I do? I re-read what I have written, I check my punctuation before I click the submit button. With the amount of spell checkers available it is so easy to stop mistakes.

Bottom line stop using it as an excuse, you know you have a problem so try to work round it don't just accept it.

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 12:25 - 09 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

shippy wrote:
Usher4566 wrote:
Ride out side of his liecence? where did he state his age ime 28 and I sometimes buy small bike but I guess one assumes that he is 16 .

Good point, im actually 17 so it would be perfectly legal to ride it on my licence.

No.

If the bike is REGISTERED as a moped, then must conform to the C&U regs for a MOPED, which means that unless it has Grandad rights from being built before 1977, it cannot exceed 35mph.

If it CAN, then it is NOT a moped.

OK, so it's not a moped, its a motorcycle.... & you have a motorcycle licence.... or at least provisional entitlement...... and at 8bhp and 50cc, its under the 125cc/14.5bhp learner legal restrictions...

Therefore, IF it was registered as a motorcycle, you could legally ride it on a your motorcycle Learner-Licence.

However, if it is NOT VOSA inspected and re-registered under nee vehicle classification as a MOTORCYCLE....

Doesn't matter WHAT licence entitlement you have, bike is 'Other than described on Registration Document'.

FIRST OFFENCE; doesn't matter whether the frame and engine numbers match, whether the badge on the tank is the declared manufacturer; log book, says its a MOPED, and bike is a motorcycle.

THEN you have any consequential offenses; Is the thing insured? If so WHAT has been insured?

RTA says that if they issue an insurance cert against the registration, then you are legally insured, even though you might have obtained that insurance fraudulantly.

BUT; if the bike isn't as described on the registration; then, in actual fact, you wont have insurance, becouse the insurance is for the bike registered.... and bike is NOT as described on the registration.

See where we are going with this?

Its nothing to do with your age or what licence entitlement you may have; its down to what the log book says.

And the UNFORTUNATE thing is, that a 'Moped' is a completely different catagory of vehicle to a motorcycle, and while mechanically the difference, is only how much power the machine has, and how fast it might go.... it's still a different set of Construction & Use regs, and registration criteria.

Eg: C&U regs for a moped, do not demand full compliment of equipment like indicators; for a motorcycle they do; Likewise MOT, tyres on a motorcycle must have minimum of 1mm tread; a moped merely has to have 'visible' tread. C&U regs for motorcycles demand speed rated sand approved tyres; for a moped, they dont.

Your MOPED might meet a lot of the C&U & MOT regs for a motorcycle... BUT, it hasn't been registered or MOT'd as a motorcycle, its been registered & MOT'd as a MOPED, with lesser standards applied.

So doesn't matter about licence entitlement; its what it says on the log book.

Meanwhile; costs dont work. To ride it, de-restricted needs it VOSA inspected and re-registered against motorcycle regs... cost of THAT makes it cheaper to simply sell on the moped and buy a motorbike.

Riding De-Restricted moped, still registered as a moped is breaking as many laws, as said as slapping moped number-plate on a Hyabusa, WHATEVER licence you might have, WHATEVER age you may be.

It is 'Other than Described on the Registration'
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 13:00 - 09 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the probability is that if you're worried about that, there are probably a lot more laws you are already breaking you should worry about a lot more.

Teflon-Mike wrote:

I have never told people what to do or what not to do; just helped inform their choices... but if you are going to break the law, may as well bu hung for a sheep as a lamb...
Meanwhile; I didn't ride 350's, 500's & 550's without licence, tax, mot or insurance.... I had ALL those things.... they were just not in MY name Laughing

And I was just helping people make an informed choice by providing some information about what other people do Wink.
And I was thinking of cases where you had discussed riding bikes that weren't even road registered on the road.

Usher4566
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 14:56 - 09 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought a moped ,scooter ,and motocycle are all different ? Doesn't a moped have pedals ?

Usher4566
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 15:03 - 09 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

shippy wrote:
Usher4566 wrote:

Did none of you have fun when you was 16/17 trying to make scooters/ motocycles go faster ? I guess none of you tart up your bikes with pointless loud cans .fancy screens or coulered pegs then ?I guess none of you have broke the law or spelt a word wrong either

TheSmiler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:25 - 09 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/5/3/128858613967971682.jpg

Alpha-9
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:52 - 09 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheSmiler wrote:
https://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/5/3/128858613967971682.jpg

lol I read that as Polish as in polski at first Shocked
"You can't polish a turd but you can cover it in glitter."

Usher4566 wrote:
I thought a moped ,scooter ,and motocycle are all different ? Doesn't a moped have pedals ?

lol. A moped by definition is a 50cc scooter not capable of more than 31mph (roughly something like that)
a scooter is anythign above that in the same style, rev n go (afaik)
Motorbike is usually geared, 125cc 14.6kwh max power on a CBT

Moped - 50cc
https://www.mannysmopeds.com/moped-50_1[1].jpg

Scooter - 125cc+
https://topdesign72.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Best-selections-of-scooter-images.jpg

Motorbike - Any CC really
https://www.friday-ad.co.uk/PhotoAds/LandingPages/image/yamaha-motorbike.jpg

Generic google images Thumbs Up

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:00 - 09 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usher4566 wrote:
[More ranting, anger seems to improve his spelling though]

I don't see you offering much advice either. Off your high horse, you're just here for a pie and a fight, same as us.

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord

PostPosted: 16:04 - 09 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheSmiler wrote:

The irony of this post is actually causing me pain.

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 21:50 - 09 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usher4566 wrote:

Moped:

Pre 1977 regulations required an engine less than 50cc, and the ability to be propelled by pedals.

In response to the regulation beating 'sports' mopeds of the era from 1973, when 16 year olds were limited to a moped licence; like the Yamaha FSIE; the regs were changed and from 1977 onwards, dropped the requirement for pedals, but imposed a 3.5bhp power limit and strict 35mph top speed limit, with the 50cc capacity cieling.

Subsequently the 35mph speed limit has been 'metricised' down.

Scooter
There is no strict definition of a scooter. The term was taken from the childrens 'Scoot-along' toy; that has two wheels and a foot-plate, but no seat or pedals, upon which early powered scooters were based, and later to 'step-through' framed type sit down motorcycles, as pioneered by Vespa & Lambretta, in the 1950's.
Vespa suggested that the distinguising feature of a 'scooter' was the engine being 'unsprung' and 'in unit' with the rear suspension. This however disqualifies an awful lot of scooters, including those with no suspension or seat, that are probably more deservant of the name. Would make the Gilera Runner a scooter though.

Term therfore describes a 'style' of powered two wheeler, in a similar manner to 'Cruiser' or 'Advanture-Sport', and is about as ambigiouse.

Motorcycle
Basically any powered two (& in law, actually many 3) wheel vehicle that ISN'T a 'moped'.

Transmission type; ie twist & go or geared, has little relevence to defanitions of vehicle type, or in riding law, other than where licences may be 'endorsed' 'Automatic Only' if tests were passed on a machine without manually selectable gears.

Many pedal-equiped 'mopeds' had manual gears; and not just the regulation beating 'sports' mopeds. I had a step-through framed 'pedal & pop' Moto-Guzzi moped that had 3 gears, selected like a Vespa via a twist-grip change. Meanwhile, 'twist and go' machines may have a single fixed speed and automatic centrifugal clutch, or a fully variable 'variator' transmission, the final drive ratio altered by a stepless pulley belt system.

So no, a moped doesn't need to have pedals.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Usher4566
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 22:33 - 09 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moped still has pedals to me its in the name .and as it says in history

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 23:29 - 09 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usher4566 wrote:
Moped still has pedals to me its in the name .and as it says in history

Rather demeans the bikes of the pioneering era that, like the very first Harley Davidson, & very First Triump, of I think 1903 & 1903, then that both had pedals.

However; point is, whatever YOU think a 'moped' is or ought to be; as far as the law is concerned its what's defined by the Construction & Use regulations.

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:52 - 10 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usher4566 wrote:
Ride out side of his liecence where did he state his age ime 28 and I sometimes buy small bike but I guess one assumes that he is 16
Oh my.

You appear to be insinuating that I am assuming his age.

I can't see where I mentioned that? - Rather, I can see (not assume) one didn't read properly before his reply Wink. My spelling comment was rightly said, I know a lot of people with varying degrees of problems, I apparently have a degree of ADHD myself (Doc thinks) and have had since I was a kid it just means I'm naturally over active. (so you know I'm not picking out the vulnerable)

Aspergers or Dyslexia wouldn't cause the sheer laziness in posts of your 'quality', there is a spell checker and anyone that has the mental capacity to log onto BCF/the interwebs also has the ability to use a spell check.

Don't try to come across as a numpty. I'm not casting aspersions, just pointing out your fail.

My point was, thinking, 'why would anyone old enough to ride a bike get a ped and try making it fast?' It's a falses economy and the sensible choice is to get a bigger bike, OP hasn't so wojuld logically be stuck on a quite small machine due to age. Cool with that? Smile
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 21 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2