Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

My new bike gear =D

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures
View previous topic : View next topic  

Going2fast
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:17 - 25 Sep 2004    Post subject: My new bike gear =D Reply with quote

Well today i had me a mission, this mission lol was to get all my leathers etc. So dad gets home and get him to take me to Streetbike, this is wear the fun began.

Decided i wanted 2 piece leathers.
Found this rst dyno 2 piece in black and red, great fit Thumbs Up (free knee sliders Rolling Eyes )
Jacket
Trousers

Thought great, now onto the boots. Saw these Sidi Veribra 2 boots in red also. Tried them on perfect, brought Thumbs Up Anyone think i'm turning into a power ranger Laughing
Boots

Then onto gloves, thought best try get the same as the leathers. Looking around the wall and find some RST gloves. Tried a few on great fit so i brought them.
Gloves

So by this time i had brought leathers,boots and gloves i was forgetting one thing Shocked ermmmm helmet Very Happy I tried on lots and up until i tried the one i brought i was going to have this shark one. Then i picked up this Shoei helmet and the quality shined through. Its a Shoei Raid Shogun TC1.
Picture 1 - Picture 2

So then the paying part Shocked Confused Any guesses for all this stuff? Well it cost £606 all together i believe, i've had it over 6months so not all that bad. It did add up to way over £606 but they gave me some discount as i just brought all that stuff. Well i'm well chuffed and well in the biker mood. Theory test on 9th October and A2 test on the 10th November Thumbs Up

Thanks for looking,
Andy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 00:58 - 25 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice gear there mate, I need to sort myself out with some new gear soon, got my eyes on a nice Jamie Whitham jacket at work, my leather trousers are fine, then i'll just need new boots, lid, and gloves, so hopefully shouldn't cost me too much, the jacket I can get for £60 Very Happy

Just curious, how can you book a main test without a theory test pass? Confused

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 01:31 - 25 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have the same helmet as me. Confused

I wanted a new one anyway. Very Happy

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 01:37 - 25 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gear is expensive Crying or Very sad

I need leathers, road boots, helmet, gloves and winter gear as well as some enduro outfit, mx boots and mx helmet Confused

My jacket doesn't fit me at all Shocked

You have some nice kit there Thumbs Up

hustler
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 01:52 - 25 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice gear and good idea to get kitted up, may I make one small suggestion - take the label off the helmet visor will make it easier to see where you're going Wink

Going2fast
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:45 - 25 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Nice gear and good idea to get kitted up, may I make one small suggestion - take the label off the helmet visor will make it easier to see where you're going

But but it looks good Cool haha Thumbs Up

Scooby my theory test is on the 9th October, and my main test is on the 10th November. CBT on the 8th, days training on the 9th and test on 10th Thumbs Up wish me luck Wink

Nice helmet don't you think shaun?, great fit i just put it on and said thats the one Very Happy
Thanks for the cool comments all Thumbs Up
Andy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:52 - 25 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice kit. Thumbs Up

Erm, to book a practical test you have to have passed a theory test, from the DSA website, "Unless you are exempt you must take and pass a Theory Test before you can book a practical test" so how did you book a practical without having done your theory?

Going2fast
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:51 - 26 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Nice kit.

Erm, to book a practical test you have to have passed a theory test, from the DSA website, "Unless you are exempt you must take and pass a Theory Test before you can book a practical test" so how did you book a practical without having done your theory?

Cheers Thumbs Up
Really? Didn't know that. Guess i must of asked nicely lol Laughing

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 02:18 - 26 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

But they ask you for your theory test pass number when you ring the DSA to book your test or if you book online you need to have your test pass number. Did they just not ask you when you booked, and what will you do if you fail the theory? Confused

Nath
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:49 - 26 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
But they ask you for your theory test pass number when you ring the DSA to book your test or if you book online you need to have your test pass number. Did they just not ask you when you booked, and what will you do if you fail the theory? Confused

I believe if your test is booked by your instructor, as part of a training course, then they don't require a theory test number. I have my test/training booked for October, and my intructor never asked for my theory test pass number...

The point about failing the theory test is worth thinking about though. You can ensure you pass the multiple choice bit by revising, but the Harzard Perception seems totally random. What's the waiting time for a theory test?

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 12:35 - 26 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

They shouldn't really book your test in that way. At work we work on a basic principle that you go onto a 125 for a few lessons, once you've passed your theory and the instructor is happy with you, you move upto a DAS bike. Then your part 2 gets booked. It's just an incentive to get people to crack on with the theory, cos they don't want to spend 20 lessons on a 125! It's worked to date! Laughing

Going2fast
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:47 - 26 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was never asked Confused
My CBT is booked but i believe if i do fail the theory i've got to ring them and tell them, and they just move the date. I have only paid a deposit for the test not the full lot let.
I am more worried about the theory test to the practical, the questions to be fair can be done with a bit of common sense and road knowledge, but as said the hazard perception is rather random. I have the CD-rom's for them both, i keep getting around 55+ on the h/p which is not all that bad Thumbs Up

Andy

Dom_
Points Mean Prizes

PostPosted: 23:55 - 27 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice kit!!!!

U got any individual prices on them??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 216 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1