Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Kawasaki GT550 Oil Cooler

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

EmacD
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 12:06 - 26 May 2012    Post subject: Kawasaki GT550 Oil Cooler Reply with quote

Kawasaki GT550 G7 Oil Cooler problem, I have an oil leak on the Oil cooler, and there seems to be a lack of decent replacements available at what I would consider a reasonable price, considering S/H ones may be not that far away from the state my own one is in. So I am looking for some information and suggestions. What type of fitting is used between the pipes and the oil cooler (3/4 JIC?)?. Will a Kawasaki GT750 Cooler fit? Are there any other Bike oil coolers that can be made to fit?

Casper
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:16 - 26 May 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

It also looks the same as the GPz ones. I would say as long as your not going to use a smaller one you should be fine. Try and get the part number from this site

https://www.cmsnl.com/

And look at the part number for the 750 and the gpz550/750 or the zephyr 550/750. You can look at the ZR7 but that may be slightly larger.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Casper
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:18 - 26 May 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had a look at your location. You must be close to Braking point in Aberdeen. Im sure they will sort you out cheap.

https://www.breakingpoint.co.uk/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

EmacD
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 15:10 - 26 May 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. My experience with breaking point has not been good. I have had them do work on my bike in the past, and it has been less than sterling service! So out of principle I will not had any more money to them!

I have looked at the GPZ and the fitting looks similar, but on the GT750 it looks like the mounting holes are slightly different. the ZR7 would be a good one as well, but requires a bit of customisation to mount.

I have a cooler (in really good condition) from a Honda CB750 in good condition, but it uses Flange mounts rather than JIC type ! Sad

EmacD
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 15:23 - 26 May 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

The GPZ and the GT have the same part number on the Dutch site, so that opens up my possibilities! (i.e. 39061) Smile
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 309 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1