Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Silverstone Track Day Photos

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures
View previous topic : View next topic  

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:18 - 06 Oct 2004    Post subject: Silverstone Track Day Photos Reply with quote

Right, here are some photos from my trackday at Silverstone yesterday. See if you can guess which were taken by the professional photgrapher with the four foot telescopic lens and which were taken with the Canon IXUS maxed out on digital zoom... Sad

I should have some onboard video footage in a week or so. I'll rip some of it from the DVD and post it if anyone's interested. I'm quite curious what the rear wheel slide in the wet will look like from the camera's perspective!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

N_Tart
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:43 - 06 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool silver. What do you think of silverstone? I went there for the first time this year and did the gp track. I loved it! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:46 - 06 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, this was on the GP track. I liked it, but I can't decide whether I prefer Donington or not... guess I'll have to do them both again to decide! Silverstone is very fast though.

They're both much better than the other tracks I've done; Castle Combe and Llandow.

You didn't track the R1 I assume?

N_Tart
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:50 - 06 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have done once but I don't think my other halfs heart would cope with the strain if I did it again (he did the paint job took him 8 weeks!) I actually did it on his gixer1000 as we didn't have the 6 then.

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:55 - 06 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand that - I'd be well pissed off if I chucked mine down the track, and it's virtually bog standard... Not to mention the cost. You can buy a track bike for what most crashes cost to repair, and there were some very smashed up bikes there yesterday. One bloke had ridden down from Carlisle, low sided it and ripped off the engine casing - he wasn't going to be riding home that's for sure!

N_Tart
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 20:02 - 06 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been there and done that! Rode to snetterton with my mate did half a trackday first session after lunch we decided to swap bikes and he only goes and lobs mine. I tell you the thing was a write off! Couldn't get home cos his was solo seated and didn't have any breakdown cover so I had to get my old man to drive his tranny van up to pick us up. He was not chuffed! Laughing

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:13 - 06 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's one reason why I wouldn't take anyone else's bike on the track. I nearly dropped my mate's Ducati 748 the other week because of the ridiculous side stand Mad

Anyway, surely you just take his keys, say "thanks very much" and leave him with your wreck. Or is that mean? Twisted Evil

N_Tart
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 20:57 - 06 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be mean! He did come round the next day with a wad of cash that equalled full value for it so it wasn't like I was out of pocket. I do miss the ZXR sometimes though. Crying or Very sad

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:04 - 06 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZXR750? I used to have one of them. Bloody heavy compared to the current models!

N_Tart
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 21:08 - 06 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

No 400 L model. Bought it brand new in '95 and it died in '02 with 85,000 miles on the clock. The other half used it for a seasons racing aswell and it never gave me a days grief!

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:26 - 06 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish mine had been half as reliable. Had it for a year and spent about £800 fixing problems on it Mad

CBRPETER
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 11:04 - 07 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats the first ever repsol CBR ive seen, did the paint job on it come stock?

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:17 - 07 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

He bought it a few months ago with about 3000 miles on it. I don't know if it was standard, but I've seen the scheme on a few Hondas. There was a VFR400 there with the same paint.

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 12:46 - 07 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the pro ones from PicMan? Looks like the kinda angles they take.

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:30 - 07 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bendy wrote:
Are the pro ones from PicMan? Looks like the kinda angles they take.

The first two are, yes.

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter

PostPosted: 16:42 - 07 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't hang off any further, you might fall off. Nice Pro shots though.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 207 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1