Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

honda NSR jc20 alcast 1992, attempted restore

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell
View previous topic : View next topic  

funkysnair
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 10:57 - 01 Jun 2012    Post subject: honda NSR jc20 alcast 1992, attempted restore Reply with quote

hello people im new here and this is my firsty post wahoooo
ill go into a little bit background about my bike, i just recently bought it off ebay (went to look at it first) fell in love with it its a honda nsr 125 alcast jc20 1992.

fired up no problem but there is still alot of work to be done, owner had stripped it down to frame sprayed frame replaced bearings etc - got the subframe powder coated along with the center stand and side stand.

he also reconditioned the engine with new piston small end bearings etc etc no rattle from engine or anything so im happy about that he also sorted out power valve and changed oil pump i cant go into everything as my fingers are starting to hurt already lol.

ill get some pics up of how the bike is now

https://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n37/funkysnair/honda%20nsr%20alcast%20125%201992/th_DSCF0180-1.jpg

https://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n37/funkysnair/honda%20nsr%20alcast%20125%201992/th_DSCF0179.jpg

https://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n37/funkysnair/honda%20nsr%20alcast%20125%201992/th_DSCF0178.jpg

i have found someone who is willing to recondition my wheels and paint them black for £60 - not a shabby price at all Smile
he is going to be painting the foot peg brackets/grab handle (black) , calipers (red) and anything else i find rusted and shabby looking.

ive also found someone who is willing to do a full carbon wrap of all my plastics for cheap as my plastics are all different colours and condition - i cant for the life of me find anywhere that could supply an after market full set of plastics for my bike

its going to be a couple of weeks until i get some cash together to get the work done but ill post pics up when it happens.

cheers
ken

p.s these are my plastics (SHOCKING!!!)

https://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n37/funkysnair/honda%20nsr%20alcast%20125%201992/th_DSCF0170.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:10 - 01 Jun 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Looks like a brilliant little bike you have there and from the pictures it looks to be a very good job of restoring it. If i could offer any criticism id say please don't wrap it in carbon-ette. I think it's going to look gash on a bike from the early 90's, and it will ruin all of the hard work restoring it to the standard condition its in now. Just my opinion of course, keep up the good work!

Regards

Harry.
3 Honda NC50's(Sold)-->'72 Puch Maxi S (Sold, want it back!)--> '90 Yamaha RXS 100 (Stolen)--> '87 Honda Cub 90(Sold) --> '95 Kawasaki Eliminator (Sold) --> '98 Bandit 600 (Sold) -->'07 SV650S (Current)

devojunior
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 13:36 - 01 Jun 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

your bike your choice but, it all sounded like a good restoration project until i heard red calipers and carbon effect wrap then i lost interest sorry.

funkysnair
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 15:07 - 01 Jun 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

fair enough..
nothing is set in stone as of yet, throwing some ideas about thats all.
i wish i had the money to restore it back to its former glory and i prob would if i could get the plastics.

i think the calipers might end up being original gold!

any ideas on anywhere that does decals for these nsr's?

im kinda at a wall now dont know what to do, i took carb apart and gave it a good clean now i cant get the twat to start Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:12 - 01 Jun 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do these use a vacuum fuel tap? If it does there will be two pipes from the tap one for fuel and one for the vacuum to one of your carbs. If so remove from carb and suck it. No fuel will come through to your mouth but it will fill the float bowl up. It could be something as daft as that.

Regards

Harry.
3 Honda NC50's(Sold)-->'72 Puch Maxi S (Sold, want it back!)--> '90 Yamaha RXS 100 (Stolen)--> '87 Honda Cub 90(Sold) --> '95 Kawasaki Eliminator (Sold) --> '98 Bandit 600 (Sold) -->'07 SV650S (Current)
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 302 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1