Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Forks identification - help please

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

greetingsfrom...
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 20:59 - 01 Aug 2012    Post subject: Forks identification - help please Reply with quote

I'm trying to get an ID on these forks. They came to me attached to a VERY 70's Triumph chopper (allegedly Uncle Bunt built but I've no idea if this is the case)
The yokes are Suzuki, with the gothic S cast into the bottom yoke, but the forks are nothing I've seen on any Suzuki from the 70's or early 80's I've ever seen. Note the leading front caliper again I've cant remember ever seeing any Suzzy with a leading caliper.
The long length of the forks might suggest trail bike origins, but back 'in the day' over length fork tubes were commonly available so again I would hesitate to assume traily origins. In fact given the nature of chop building back then they might not even be Suzuki forks, it being reasonably common, especially when building on a budget to use whatever you had lying around/looked right/was available cheaply and modify to make things fit together.
The stanchions are 32mm in diameter
I realize I'm asking a lot for the ID of a probably obscure model but I need new stanchions and fork seal kit and would prefer to keep this as original possible
Sorry about the crap pictures, I will take better ones tomorrow. Thanks in advance.
(yeah I know my garage is a mess Very Happy )
https://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/641/dsc03197n.jpg
https://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/525/dsc03196e.jpg

greetingsfrom...
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 21:09 - 01 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I think I've sussed it out, after I typed I couldnt think of any suzuki's with leading calipers I remembered the GT 2 stroke series had leading calipers, it turns out the Suzuki GT-380 is the closest match I can see on google images but with a fork diameter of 33mm, which means either I cant measure or I misremembered
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 242 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1