Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Urgent purchase - where can I buy a...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

gorillaonabik...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 00:03 - 19 Aug 2012    Post subject: Urgent purchase - where can I buy a... Reply with quote

...half-decent motorcycle intercom. Decided to go to France on Monday afternoon with the other half on the back. Am therefore looking to walk into a shop, hand over some money and get a Sena smh5 or a not too expensive Scala or similar. Even a BT Intercom F4 or possibly even an F3. Something the same price as the Sena smh5 would be great.

I don't want the most expensive piece of kit because this is a me-talking-to-her kinda thing.

I live in NW London and don't have time to get a mail order one. Does anyone know somewhere I can walk into on a Sunday or Monday morning and walk out with a headset pair? I can always figure out how to pair them on the ferry. It could be London, Herts, Berks etc... but anywhere I can get back to Central London in a couple of hours.

Many thanks in advance for your help.
FZR400 (blown engine), ZXR750 (blown engine), ZX6R (accident), CBR600 which had engine issues after which I learned to change gear..., CBR900, CBR924 (stolen), CB600, CB1300 (everything blew up), BMW K1300GT (written off, hit from rear while stationary), Bandit 1250 for a couple of months, Triumph Sprint ST 1050 (nicked) and somewhere in there, I wrote off a Ducati 748 at Cadwell.

titan666
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 00:32 - 19 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can buy plenty of decent voice activated radios with earphones/mic etc

When i rode through london with a mate years back we used a 40 channel cb that worked really well but these days they have improved ten fold and they are much smaller now Very Happy

https://www.autocom.co.uk/home.html

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cobra-MT600-Motorbike-Walkie-Talkie-Radio-Intercom-VOX-PTT-Close-Face-Headsets-/390360455893?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item5ae34bdad5

U_W v2.0
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:38 - 19 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can vouch for cobra radios, got some myself, not those exact ones but the build quality and usability is awesome on them.

multijoy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:39 - 19 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infinity seem to stock the Midland ones, if that's any help. Not many Cardo dealers, but google shows the 'car audio centre' in Ilford & Northwood might have it.

kernow24
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 00:48 - 19 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't get one.. then you can have the first bit of
peace you've had in a long time Thumbs Up

gorillaonabik...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 00:53 - 19 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

multijoy wrote:
Infinity seem to stock the Midland ones, if that's any help. Not many Cardo dealers, but google shows the 'car audio centre' in Ilford & Northwood might have it.

Looks like a good shout and somewhere I can call in the morning. Thanks for this - I'll check if they have it.

Infinity seem to stock the £330+ Midlands whereas the car audio centre might have the £179 Scalas which is a much better price.

Thanks for the shout. If anyone else has any ideas, I'm all ears.
FZR400 (blown engine), ZXR750 (blown engine), ZX6R (accident), CBR600 which had engine issues after which I learned to change gear..., CBR900, CBR924 (stolen), CB600, CB1300 (everything blew up), BMW K1300GT (written off, hit from rear while stationary), Bandit 1250 for a couple of months, Triumph Sprint ST 1050 (nicked) and somewhere in there, I wrote off a Ducati 748 at Cadwell.

Adamantis
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 01:53 - 19 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is PTT any good to you? Or are you after the fancy voice activated wossits?
Rides: '91 CG125 (Sold), '00 CB500S (Sold), '97 Thundercat (Sold), '99 KTM EXC 300 (SOLD), '99 RSV Mille (stolen. Thieving SCUM!!!), '94 DR350 (sold), '10 Vstrom 650 (hated it so much I gave up riding), now on the OH's CBF1000 until I can afford another Mille...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Spangle2k4
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 07:41 - 19 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't comment on the Sena SMH5 but me and the Mrs use the SMH10 and we've been absolutely delighted with the quality. The voice activation is naff so we just keep them "live" permanently and get 10 hrs between charges.

Not too much help to you knowing this but if you find a dealer who happens to be selling them then they get a big thumbs up from us Smile

gorillaonabik...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 14:25 - 19 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spangle2k4 wrote:
Can't comment on the Sena SMH5 but me and the Mrs use the SMH10 and we've been absolutely delighted with the quality. The voice activation is naff so we just keep them "live" permanently and get 10 hrs between charges.

Not too much help to you knowing this but if you find a dealer who happens to be selling them then they get a big thumbs up from us Smile

Looks like it'll be a Scala. My problem is getting my hands on an smh5 / 10 as no-one physically appears to stock them in London.

Last edited by gorillaonabike on 21:32 - 19 Aug 2012; edited 1 time in total
_Iain_ This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 224 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1