Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

dt125 kickstart jammed and possibly more

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

cpache
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 10:07 - 30 Jun 2013    Post subject: dt125 kickstart jammed and possibly more Reply with quote

hi, i have joined BCF to try and help my son,we went out and bought a DT125 yesterday.he is 19 and this is the first bike he has bought,can't even ride it yet,me,ive ridden bikes for years on and off,though not mechanically minded,picked it up from the guy selling it,seemed a nice chap!done the deal,1100quid,including spare this that and the other.i started to ride it home,got 10miles up the road doing 65happy as larry,wife following behind in car with a face of pure fear,she hates bikes,son with face of pure joy and an expression of can't wait till thats me,THEN all of a sudden loss of power,i manically indicated to wife with arm waving in the air to show i was pulling over so she didn't hit me up the arse,swerved in ,bike died,got off,took helmet off and scratched head,wtf,checked fuel,two stroke and every other oil level all ok,water in rad ok,let it cool a bit,thought i'd kick it over have another go,kickstart won't budge,any ideas for me folks,me and son in tears :cry:

bladerunner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:35 - 30 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like its seized alright! Will it turn over if you push it in gear? Probs top end off and have a look. Start with the plug to see if any tell tale signs of damage

MattEMulsion
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:15 - 30 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

65mph on a DT125??? That sounds like your were thrashing the knackers out of it, are they made to go that fast? You've probably killed it!
Blau Zedong This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

bladerunner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:17 - 30 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good DT will pull 85 mph in still conditions if derestricted so 65 is not thrashing it at all.if you've got low compression or the motor is seized then get the head off. The DT is an easy to work on bike but carb and air box can be a p.i.t.a access wise .
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 293 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1