Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

7 months of fun on my XRX, anyone else got a Hyosung?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures
View previous topic : View next topic  

BlackStallion
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 18:08 - 20 Oct 2009    Post subject: 7 months of fun on my XRX, anyone else got a Hyosung? Reply with quote

Snapped some new pics not long ago, thought i'd upload Thumbs Up

Not a common bike, but just wondering if there's any other Hyo riders out there? Whether it be 125 or 650 Thumbs Up

Be nice to see a fellow XRX rider, haven't come across one on the whole forum yet Rolling Eyes

https://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu299/milkster125/P171009_1522.jpg

https://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu299/milkster125/P171009_1528.jpg

https://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu299/milkster125/P171009_153102.jpg

https://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu299/milkster125/P171009_1531.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Thom
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:44 - 21 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

they're not considered great bikes in all honesty, and i dare say the majority of riders on here ride jap bikes.

However i do like that, and im after a little crosser so i may look into an xrx! Nice colours, style, looks pretty robust.

Had any problems?
Previous Bikes: 1990 Honda NSR125 'Rothmans' (The smoking one), 1990 Suzuki GS500e 'Caf? fighter' (The loud one), 1987 Kawasaki GPX400r (The quick one), 1997 XJ600s Diversion (The reliable one), 2000 Kawasaki ER-5 (The spontaneously combustive one)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

BlackStallion
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 17:40 - 21 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got to say mate, quite a few people are sterotypical about Hyosung, until you ride a Hyosung for yourself, you'll realise they're nothing like people say. The engines in all Hyosungs are pretty much bulletproof. With good build quality and great reliability it's far from a bad bike.

The 2 problems i encountered within the whole 8700 miles on the clock are firstly, when the bike didn't start and i had to push it home. Turned out to only be a bit of muck in the carb. Secondly, when i had to replace the battery. (The negative point with Hyosungs)

It's always started to perfection (except that one time), first time every time (touch wood) and it's been a thrill to ride Thumbs Up

The battery in all honesty is the only downside. If you're a speed freak then i guess the speed will count as a negative for you, but my XRX has hit 73mph, and that's on a straight, not downhill. The engine is pretty much screaming though.

You should atleast check it out and see it in the flesh, i doubted it big time when i heard the name "Hyosung" but after hearing great feedback from the mechanics and customers, i couldn't miss out on it. I loved it when i saw it i have to admit.

Best of luck with finding a crosser, even if it's not an XRX, there's plenty of other good crossers out there, like the Honda CR125 and the Yamaha XT125 Thumbs Up

Thom
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:14 - 21 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

i confess i'd like a gt650 but i'd be tempted to hide the badge. Its basically a pretty sv650.

I believe the engines are infact suzuki also?
Previous Bikes: 1990 Honda NSR125 'Rothmans' (The smoking one), 1990 Suzuki GS500e 'Caf? fighter' (The loud one), 1987 Kawasaki GPX400r (The quick one), 1997 XJ600s Diversion (The reliable one), 2000 Kawasaki ER-5 (The spontaneously combustive one)

Devans
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 20:32 - 21 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ride a GT125 it's been spot on for the 14k km i've had it Thumbs Up

Very nicve bike to ride.
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 194 days between these two posts...

mivster
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 00:34 - 04 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thom wrote:
i confess i'd like a gt650 but i'd be tempted to hide the badge. Its basically a pretty sv650.

they are suzuki engines i viewed one myself it was a gtr125 nice big bike ( apparently the only full sized 125 on the market ) he wouldnt budge on price so i couldnt afford it

Thom
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:59 - 04 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

only full size 125 sports bike on the market?

Full as in normal i assume?

How about the rs125, derbi gpr, r125 yamaha?

Theyre just the ones that immediately spring to mind!

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:28 - 09 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thom wrote:

They're not. They're similar but in some aspects they're white different. If you go on korider.com (the forum for hyosungs and other Korean stuff)

I've had a go on an '06 GT250R

It was pretty cool. Slow, but it's only a 250 4 stroke Laughing

Not on par with Japanese but certainly better than what most people's views on them are. I rode the 250 for around 1k miles and it was spot on Thumbs Up

Thom wrote:

He was basically saying the 125 looks like a 600, whereas the nsr, gpr, r125 etc all look like small bikes.

It looks good, but too heavv for a 125!
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink

mivster
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 22:55 - 09 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thom wrote:

i meant its the biggest 125 its cbr600 size
so its alot bigger than any other 125 available
ive had a rs and a nsr and got a sachs xtc but the gtr125 is still massive in comparision
shame i couldnt afford to buy it at the time

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 00:07 - 10 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

my old GT125 was a pleasure to ride, coped 2 up easily, happily took me at motorway speeds and had great presence!
warped one This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 3 years, 59 days between these two posts...

madnessmatt
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 01:30 - 08 Jul 2013    Post subject: Re: 7 months of fun on my XRX, anyone else got a Hyosung? Reply with quote

ive just got a hyosung xrx 125 same colours too i jus gta get new yokes and forks you know where i can get some please??

Wobbling Dog
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 20:42 - 08 Jul 2013    Post subject: Re: 7 months of fun on my XRX, anyone else got a Hyosung? Reply with quote

madnessmatt wrote:
ive just got a hyosung xrx 125 same colours too i jus gta get new yokes and forks you know where i can get some please??

https://www.startright.co.uk/

good bunch
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 295 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1