Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Anyone know where to buy a CBF 125 that looks like that?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures
View previous topic : View next topic  

AlmightlyAmaz...
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 13:34 - 11 Jul 2013    Post subject: Anyone know where to buy a CBF 125 that looks like that? Reply with quote

I have a YBR but my friend is also taking their CBT test soon and they're wanting the black and red CBF that looks as pictured, is it modified bodywork or what? Because I haven't seen that look on that bike anywhere. Does anyone know where he can find one like it or how to modify it like that etc? Thank you.

wots
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:41 - 11 Jul 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't decide which part of that doesn't look right, so I'll just go for all of it. Yuck!

CBF125 is great for what it does, it's no looker, it's functional. That is hideous.

AlmightlyAmaz...
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 13:47 - 11 Jul 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree! My new YBR is not much of a look either I always wanted a YZF but chose mine for its reliability and cheapness to run. But my friend is adamant on getting a CBF that looks like that. Rolling Eyes

wots
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:52 - 11 Jul 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I bought the CBF with my naivety I liked it because it looked like a normal bike, perhaps some of the bigger ones. Pretty much laughable now. But YBR/CBF great for what they do and that's it. It's nice to have a bike that doesn't look like two wheels, an engine and a fuel tank. But I think that's pretty much their limits.

AlmightlyAmaz...
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 13:57 - 11 Jul 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I used to just want one that looked good, but I realised that wasn't that important. I learnt on an old YBR and it was simple and what I wanted from a bike so got a new one when I could. Smile

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:20 - 11 Jul 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get whatever CBF and paint it yourself? Thinking

dannymassive
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 15:03 - 11 Jul 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a normal black CBF with red rim tape.....red rim tape everywhere!

I'm sure that the owner has just put his rim tape on and then used the left over to put stripes down the side of the bike. I am saying this as the stripe even goes down the matt black plastic side panels that are not painted.
Previous Ride's - '01 Aprilia SR125 (Sold) '08 HONDA CBF600n (Sold) '96 CB500 (Sold) '01 FZS 1000 (Sold) '06 CB1300SA (Sold) '07 CB600F Hornet (Sold) - '93 Suzuki Savage LS400 (Sold) '98 Honda VTR1000 Firestorm (Sold) '05 CB600F Hornet (Sold) '01 FZS1000 Fazer (Sold) 2016 Harley Davidson Street Bob SE (Sold) '02 Kawasaki ZX9R (Sold) '98 CB600F Hornet (Sold) '04 Suzuki Bandit 1200s (Sold) '13 Yamaha FZ1-N

AlmightlyAmaz...
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 15:18 - 11 Jul 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha thank you, so the owner just did what he liked with a ton of rim tape. :') Thank you, just what I wanted to know for my friend, he thought it was just another colour the CBF came in, and I just wanted to check. Thumbs Up Thanks guys!

neatbik
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:16 - 11 Jul 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, thats been attacked with rim tape - Its definatly not standard.

To be fair they are horrible things anyway, fuck knows what Honda was thinking when they ok'd them to be built in India..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

AlmightlyAmaz...
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:24 - 11 Jul 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to advise my friend against doing that to their bike, there's no need since CBFs aren't for looks anyway, more for a good little starter bike so I've heard. He should just opt for getting a YBR like mine for now.

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:25 - 11 Jul 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so I'm the only person who's immediate thought was

"Night Rider bike....sweeeeeet"

To be fair, the longer I look, the more it reminds of an 80's GPZ

AlmightlyAmaz...
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:47 - 11 Jul 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha it does a bit actually Laughing

SteveZZR
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 13:19 - 13 Jul 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see your CBF and raise you a Honda CG......

https://youtu.be/amSv66yOTno

Seriously, an old CG even like mine with 42,000 miles will be just as reliable as a new bike - and be faster.

My CG is stock in it's entirety (other than lights removed for daytime only use) and pulls off quicker than a fancy new CBR125 or any other modern 125 seems to.

RE:YZF125; the worst of all worlds! Uncomfortable round town and no quicker on bigger roads; whats to like exactly? Oh and a stupidly huge price tag on them that it'd be cheaper to buy a YZF Thundercat and do all of the robbing bastard DSA's "stages" of bike license.

AlmightlyAmaz...
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:22 - 13 Jul 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree! I've already suggested a CG to my friend along with a YBR like mine, looks aren't everything on a bike and it's not like CBF's look good anyway. :') Thumbs Up

deleted111
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:01 - 13 Jul 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteveZZR wrote:

My CG is stock in it's entirety

...What's left of it.

Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Az
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:02 - 22 Jul 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone else said. get rim tape that's in a roll, not the ready cut out rim tapes.

Buy a black 2013 CBF125 (comes with belly pan and black coloured engine) and then get sticking with that red rim tape all over the bike.

Rear shocks.. god knows where you'll find red springed shocks for the cbf125, best bet... if possible... is taking off the springs and spraying them.

Oh and i think it looks vile tbh. I'd keep it standard until he gets a bigger bike and most bikes retain there value better when in standard form Smile
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 280 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1